Close but Blew it?

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
From the author of shot down 6 - 7 times in one night.

Ok, just got back from Spring break and got a little bit closer to some action but still failed.

Target was a girl that's friends with my friends and recently became an acquaintance of mine. I saw her months ago and thought she was really cute, slightly exotic some photo's she's easily an HB8.5+ but she's a little short in real life, but I'm okay with that.

My friends suggested I go for her including a girl that's mutual friends with both of us. So one night we ended up dancing together, good chemistry, good time, etc... Nothing more than that though.

The next night we're all hanging out on the beach under the stars and I managed to make my way over to her to talk to our mutual friend or thats how I played it at least.

Then she asked to lean up against me (yeah I just put myself there and she made the first move).

So I took the next step and started to give her a shoulder rub. And believe it or not the toucher I got the more she leaned back into me. But as we were not alone I didn't take it much further but it didn't end there.

We went back to the hotel courtyard with everyone and managed to get next to her again. One of her friends offered to take her back to her room but others helped protect my game by saying I would take care of her.

When it came time that she got up to go, I hugged her and started making out a little bit twice. The second time she said she stopped because too many people were watching us which I agreed. For some reason I didn't take her back to her room and instead just let her go (didn't feel it for some reason and even if I did she has roommates so...).

Anyway the next morning I found out that she told our mutual friend that she remembered the past night and that she really enjoyed what happened. She asked if I was a player and took girls home a lot for one nighters because I seemed like the kind of guy that really likes to party. Our mutual friend told her no, I'm like the nicest guy and such (after studying the game a bit, I'm thinking it would have been better for her to think I am a player so that she'd be like, why didn't he try harder to bed me? Was I not good enough?)... Girls will always say they want the nice guy but ultimately go for the guy with game, we know that here.

In any case that day I went to dinner with her and sat next to her again with friends. We managed to cary conversation but I wasn't feeling the chemistry (this always happens, whenever things start it dies out for some reason). Afterwards she got a massage from one of our other friends but I was okay with it as he's pretty much gay. But I did manage to hold her for a few seconds before bed and asked if she needed help getting back to her room (she was really tired). She said, no I'm good. My male and female friends saw this and both said I should never have asked that question, that I should have just taken her. They both think I could have had her if I did.

I knew my chances were now very limited but I did message her when we got back to the US to see if she wanted to grab a drink sometime. She said she started talking to someone she likes before vacation and wanted to pursue that.

In a last ditch I replied and said, I wasn't emotionally invested but curious didn't want to get into anything too serious because I may be moving away and been burned in the past, etc... but I wanted to have fun and enjoy life.

She then replied a bit more upbeat and said we could still grab a drink if I wanted and gave me her number. So that could mean one of two things:
1.) The dreaded Let's just be friends (which she didn't outright say)
or
2.) I'm down to maybe fool around as long as you don't pursue me for a relationship.

I did find out later that she was telling the truth about there being someone else. So she didn't make that up just to get rid of me and I definitely respect her more because of that honesty.

Anyway, looking for your analysis as to what I did wrong or right here and how I should proceed if anything.

Thanks

DSL Connection

Reaction score
Well what did you want? Not very clear. Sounds like at the "high points" you say you weren't feeling the chemistry so does that mean you didn't like her enough to try? The one thing where you asked her if she needed any help getting back to her room is a bad line. You could have either gone with her saying nothing or just been a lot more direct with what you really meant. You're in for one of 2 things on your list, if your time is worth trying for #2 go for it - if anyting else it will be good practice.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You were too clumsy and obvious. It was like the whole community of your friends were trying to do game for you becoz u have no game yourself.

We know you have no game yourself becoz you said "I went to dinner with her and sat next to her again with friends. We managed to carry conversation but I wasn't feeling the chemistry (this always happens, whenever things start it dies out for some reason)"

"Chemistry" is the tangible manifestation of attraction. Attraction is a pre-programmed response in women to a set pattern of behaviors and traits in men.

Any way, good news is she still digs you becoz she wants to go out with you and have drinks. As long as you behave in an attractive way, you will end up prevailing in this situation. Chin up champ!

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you 11? No seriously, what's up with all this "mutual friend I should go for it" blah blah blah and "others noticed this and blah blah blah?"

Be a man and go take what you want.

When you say you "weren't feeling it" lets be honest should we? You were unsure of how to proceed and are dancing around excuses when you had several opportunities to make a move.

Mojo is right; you have no game and I'm glad that you are on this site to start learning and applying the concepts.

So what do you do from here?

Hit her up to grab drinks and go from there. Stop paying attention to her WORDS and watch her actions.

Don't ask about the other dude, just focus on having fun, creating attraction and seeing what happens.

PIMP

ngdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the community of my friends was trying to game for me, they were passively supportive. I made all the moves I did make on my own and took my own risks (no middle school "can you ask so and so if she likes me" bs). I'm 28 and the confidence thing isn't so much an issue anymore.

-I made a major mistake by asking if she needed help getting back to her room. I know you never ask a question that gives a girl an opportunity to say no. I should have said, let me walk you back and grabbed her hand...

-And at dinner yeah, I'm not sure I had many other options, there was just a lot of dead time in the conversation even though we had several. I probably should have talked to the other people more to show her she's not all that.

I never followed up on the drink thing as she's dating someone but maybe. She's not my #1 target at the moment, in fact I'm looking for new targets.

I want to go clubbing with my friend who gets 1 to 3 girls home a week (believe it or not, he said my confidence and ability to speak to girls is very good even compared to him - that doesn't seem to be my problem), but our schedules always contradict. My other guy friends seem to have had enough game in their past that they're not so interested in it anymore. And while it sometimes helps to bring girls along (it gives assurance to your targets), most the of the girls I'm friends with don't like to go to places with younger and willing girls (I think they get jealous or something).