Cigars!

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Now, I consider myself someone who likes to enjoy the finer things in life. Women are definitely one of the finer things, but not the only one! I'm talking about cigars. Anyone a fan of cigars? got a cigar recommendation? post here!

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i smoked a romeo & juliet cigar, it was the **** man. not too expensive either

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rapsta
i smoked a romeo & juliet cigar, it was the **** man. not too expensive either
Yeah, I've had one of those. They're good. And real big.

The best one I've had recently was an Avo Uvezian Avo No. 9. Hand made in the Dominican Republic, it's real good. When I was smoking it my friend was also smoking a Philly, and I let him have a puff of mine while I took a puff of his and the difference in quality and strength was incredible.

I've also had some kind of Cuban cigar, but it was about 3 years ago and it was the first cigar I'd ever smoked, so I don't really remember how good it was.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Romeo Y Juliet are amazing cigars. Too bad they're illegal here in the US so it's difficult to find them. At least it is for me. I haven't had one in over a year now.

Other good cigars I enjoy would probably be a plain old Swisher Sweet. haha.. Maybe I've just become used to them.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I smoke cigars twice a year. I like davidoffs, perdomo, and red dot cohibas. Strangely the low esteemed red dot cohibas taste the best to me...... CAO l'anversaries (or however they spell it) are very good, but made me sick. I might buy some sticks and age them for an incentive to make things happen.........

Has anyone tried cognac coated cigars?

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Finch
Romeo Y Juliet are amazing cigars. Too bad they're illegal here in the US so it's difficult to find them. At least it is for me. I haven't had one in over a year now.

Other good cigars I enjoy would probably be a plain old Swisher Sweet. haha.. Maybe I've just become used to them.
Are you kidding? Romeo Y Juliets are definitely NOT illegal in the US. And while they're definitely good, I wouldn't call them amazing. Only a ~$5 cigar.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cigars are like wine. expensive isn't necessarily better. if you're paying more than 10 bucks a smoke, you're being foolish. all of these are between $5 - $10 a smoke.

--cuestsa-rey centro 4 1/2 x 50 (anything cuesta-rey with Cabinet No. on it, you can't go wrong)

--cuesta-rey No. 1884's maduro's 6 3/4 x 44 KILLA!

--h upmann vintage 6 1/8 x 52

--partagas LR regale 6 1/4 x 47

--arturo fuente hemingway any size, always top rated and under 10 bucks. if you want a big boy, go for the Masterpiece, 9 x 52! fukk yeah.

romeo y julietta's are rolled way too tight for my taste. don't care for the taste either. plus the chances are they were made in mexico and are bootleg's. puke.

for dominican's definitely go for cuesta-rey's or fuente's.

swisher sweets, lol

Last edited:

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
I smoke cigars twice a year. I like davidoffs, perdomo, and red dot cohibas. Strangely the low esteemed red dot cohibas taste the best to me...... CAO l'anversaries (or however they spell it) are very good, but made me sick. I might buy some sticks and age them for an incentive to make things happen.........

Has anyone tried cognac coated cigars?
yeah. don't do it on the expensive smokes though. i dip them about two inches, let them dry, then repeat about 5 times. cheap cognac's fine for this. dipping in coconut rum is cool too.

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just starting out so I don't know too much about any specific brands.

I live in australia, so I've had montecristos a few times, they weren't too bad.

I had a Montague No.2 the other day: really good smoke! I really enjoyed it.

Tatiana rum flavoured cigars are nice for a change, too.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by familyguyfan
Are you kidding? Romeo Y Juliets are definitely NOT illegal in the US. And while they're definitely good, I wouldn't call them amazing. Only a ~$5 cigar.
Are YOU kidding? Do you know the US policy about Cuban products of any sort, including cigars? They're strictly prohibited! It's been like this for YEARS and YEARS. I can easily get my hands on Romeo Y Juliet knock off too.. It doesn't make it the real thing though. It doesn't mean it's actually grown from an actual tobacco plantation in Cuba from a specific and special tobacco seed/plant. And yes, of course you can easily get your hand on illegal products. I'm no dummy.. but they're typically a lot more expensive then domestic cigars... at least in my part of the country.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
There are two different brands that are named romeo & juliet...........

The type that is legal in the states is the dominican one..........You might notice that alot of the dominican companies claim to have started with seeds and **** from cuban tobacco fields......

Cheap cigar---------my first and best cigar was a red dot cohiba, very mild and smooth, nothing has compared to it.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
There are two different brands that are named romeo & juliet...........

The type that is legal in the states is the dominican one..........You might notice that alot of the dominican companies claim to have started with seeds and **** from cuban tobacco fields......
Yeah, I think that's why there's some confusion between Finch and I. I was talking about the Dominican one that you can buy legally in the US. Not the Cuban kind.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ so was i, sort of. the real cuban romeo y julieta's are rolled too tight. i smoked them on numerous occasions and you have to be a biker ho who can suck start a harley to enjoy them.

the dominican r y j's are pretty bad tasting and for the money, you can get a lot better. but most likely they will be mexican knock off's due to their popularity amongst the novices.

give the cuesta-rey's or A. fuente's a try. been smoking them for 10 years.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by familyguyfan
Yeah, I think that's why there's some confusion between Finch and I. I was talking about the Dominican one that you can buy legally in the US. Not the Cuban kind.
haha, I'm just giving you ****. It's all good.

Montecristo No. 5 is a nice little treat.

Cohiba isn't too bad either, but you're gonna have to worry about getting knockoffs. The legit cigar is fairly nice.'

Last off H. Upmann makes a good cigar as well. Here's a little known fact about this cigar company.. JFK wanted to get his hands on these Cuban cigars on the evening prior to the declaration of the American trade embargo in 1961.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this may or may not be a stupid question but....

why are cuban cigars considered illegal is the USA? do they get you high or something? oe is it because US citizens arent allowed to buy anything from cuba because of the whole terrorist funding thing and fedel castro,etc...

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its because of a trade embargo. USA is royally pissed at Castro, and has been for a long-a$$ time now.