Chick wants to go to movies on first date

NYCJoey22

Don Juan
Reaction score
This chick I met at a party on Friday.. She's about HB 6.5. We first planned to go out this Friday so I said we'll go to a lounge for drinks and to chill and she was cool with that. Today she text me that she wants to go to the movies Friday. I'm not a fan of movies on the first date. Since it was her idea, should I bite and go for it ?

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
The sh!t tests are starting earlier and earlier with women these days.

Look.. if you give in and let her take control this early.. you identify yourself as a passive beta faggot. Simple as that.

NEVER let the woman lead. If she is agreeing to go out with you.. she is agreeing to go along with your plans. Otherwise she should finance the date.

Tell her you don't like going to the movies and suggest another activity. :up:

LorenzoVonM

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Get a bootlegged copy of a new release

2. Invite her over

3. Make popcorn

4. Turn out lights

There ya go, you are at the movies with the possibility of hooking up.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First thing. Going on a date on a Friday just shows you have no other plans, change the day if possible, that could be a reason why she thought she could just change the venue etc

Secondly. I'd just respond with something like "lol i can see you're going to be trouble" then reaffirm the existing plan. Sorted.

NYCJoey22

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, the plan was Wednesday night but she would rather do Friday.

bluejay83

Don Juan
Reaction score
she probably doesn't want to drink with you.
drinks = getting loose = doesn't want to feel like a wh0re

I never do "drinks" as a first date.

Also, she's probably unsure of you so doesn't want to get locked into an hour long conversation with you just yet.

I'd go with her wish, but TELL HER,
"OK sounds great, we can go to XYZ for a coffee/drinks before"

you can still have control without invalidating her entirely.

or you could just suck it up, and tell her you don't like movies for a first time out because there's not much talking involved.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me, dont do a date on a Friday, especially if you're taking her for a drink, you go to the bathroom and about...3 guys will hit on her whilst you're gone.

Simple question, if you had 3-4 other hot girls to see would you see this woman on a Friday night?

like2jam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let her dictate the first date! I'd try to stick with the original plan of hitting up the lounge. If the first date goes well, then maybe you'll be cool enough to take her to the movies.

Tell her that you prefer to have some time to talk and get to know her first.

( If she's already trying to take control of the first date's activity, then she WILL be trouble. )

jeffreylebowski

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ummm...if the plan was for wednesday, and she'd rather do friday, how bout you just say there's nothing out you really want to see, and besides you already have plans friday night?

NYCJoey22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... It was a sh!t. I texted her "what about the lounge we talked about?" And she text back within 3 mins of "lol. Jp.. Next time we will :)"

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You asked her about the lounge, you gave her the option to say no. Instead of leading, if she doesnt respond to you leading, forget her, shes not that into you, dont waste your time on a girl who probably thinks shes gods gift if shes only like a 6.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYCJoey22 said:
Wow... It was a sh!t. I texted her "what about the lounge we talked about?" And she text back within 3 mins of "lol. Jp.. Next time we will :)"
dude be a man, if she already playing games out the gate leave her for a lesser man, or just pump and dump.

like2jam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that wasn't a great text. Ugh. You played right into that one.

Say, lol, no, I really want to take you to the lounge first. I don't do movies on first dates or something. You need to turn this around. She's already leading you.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
NYCJoey22 said:
And that's if you get a next time!

Stay in the driver's seat, unless your goal is to be driven to Friendzone, Georgia. In other words, TAKE THE LEAD, DON'T LET HER LEAD YOU!

Case closed. Grow some balls.