Chick set the date then flaked

blitzin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
This chick who's asked me out twice now just flaked on me? Two weeks ago, she asked me out and cancelled because her family came to town. No big deal, didn't care. Then she asked me out again last week to do something this week, I told her I'd let her know in class Tues. So she wanted to go to dinner last night at 5:00 and when the time came didn't call. I called about 30 mins later, and her room mate said she wasn't home. I left a message to tell her I called, and she never called back. I don't know what happened, but this time it kinda' pissed me off. She asked me out?! Anybody else think this is strange? It's stupid. She'll probably have some lame excuse, and try to ask me out again. I'll tell her I'm going to be busy washing my hair; I don't have time for this sh it...next!

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm yeah i think it's very strange but that thing has happened to alot of DJ's according to what i read and my own little experiences with girls asking me out.

The only thing i know is that i will have my playa shields at full power if a chick will "ask me out" in the future!

btw

she wanted to go to dinner last night at 5:00

wtf??!

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why are there so many c0ck teasers around? i simply dont understand. NEXT her. dont answer her calls and give her a taste of her own medicine.

blitzin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've already next her, the part that I find really strange is that she isn't a player type. Dresses fairly conservatively, doesn't wear a whole lot of make up, doesn't smoke or drink, or act like a sex fiend, doesn't flirt with a whole bunch of guys. Basically a nice girl. Not the type to be playing games, yet that's what it feels like. I've been noticing a really big difference in the maturity level of my female friends and the girls in my school. I'm 24 most of my female friends are around the same age. Most of the girls at my college are between the ages of 18-20. I think they go through some kinda' metamorphosis in their thinking after they turn 22. Not all, I've met some young girls who are mature thinkers, but most still act like they're in highschool.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldnt of called her that night. instead, waited till about 10-11 that night and then called saying you just got in, and you just got her message.

Your right about girls changing. Their idiots in High School. Some change over in first year Uni but it takes time.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls asking you out is not necessarily a bad thing. That's actually nice for a change. But her flaky behavior plus phone manners tell you only one thing:

Her interest level is mid-range which means she'll go out with you as long as her schedule fits. There's nothing wrong with being on the fence per interest level just as long as long as your schedule can only accomodate so much flexibility.

This has happened twice already, I would not attempt any further contact for time being.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's no big deal. It happened to me earlier this week (date on Monday flaked via text message) -- I just ate by myself, went home, and promptly blocked her from all IMs and etc. Flakes are women with low interest levels, but they also have poor character. Which makes them only good for fukking and not LTR material.

Don't get mad over it. But if you want, fuk her sister xD

the_great_gaia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
which reminds me.....

I was in a similar situation...

I was talking to this HB8, and she wanted for us to go out to the movies; her idea. It's around Dec 28 2003.. I went to the movies, I bought the showtime tickets, popcorn, candy, drinks, and even her Christmas gift, which was expensive. I felt that I could do these things because me and this girl have been talking since Aug 2003.

Anyway, when time comes.. she doesn't show up and the movie starts. I call her up on her cell phone and a dude answers.. Very f'ed up. I ask to talk to her, and he asks her:

"Do you wanna talk to this... um, what's ur name?"

Me: "..Mike."

"Yeah, um, Mike, or whatever..."

Her: "..... damn. Hey, Mike I'mma call you back."

I was on a pay phone by the way. How was she gonna call back? She met some guy that night and stood me up, which it was her idea to go to the movies. I told myself I would never talk to her again, took her gift back so I could get some money, I was determined to ignore her forever.

School started in January, and I moved on to this HB7, and HB8 gets jealous with her friend. HB8 writes me a letter saying that she wants to be in a relationship with me, to see how it is. I make her anxious, and we hooked up.. which she got the best of me, which you can read about in my other posts.

Hey, just make her jealous. She'll wise up.

blitzin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, I just talked with this girl who I thought flaked out on me. It turns out her grandfather had a really bad stroke and she had to leave town in a hurry to see him before he possibly died. She said he's on oxygen now and not really doing too well. I forgave her and said I'm sorry I've been blowing her off all week. She's tried to say hi several times this week, and I basically ignored her or gave her a very quick smile and acted to busy to talk with her. She said I had every right to be upset with her and asked me to forgive her and understand why she didn't call. I feel that her reason is good enough so I'll give her another chance. She seems to have felt bad about my ignoring her this week, and was happy when I started talking with her again tonight. I'm just glad I didn't tell her to go fvck herself like I had been thinking.:cool:

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes there is a good reason. however, it is all to common that chicks will blow you off. One way that i have decided to deal with this is if they do blow you off, call sometime later and "apologize" to her that you cannot make it (i.e. make it look like YOU flaked-she won't know because whe wasn't there to see you), and see were it goes from there. I don't know if this is exactly DJ behavoir but it is funny to do and sure turns the tables on them. Also on first dates, especially coffee dates, it is good to have something else to do. Like bring some paperwork, your laptop computer, or something that you have to do to the coffee place, and when you see her then put it aside when you meet her. This way you look like you are busy and your time is too important to actually go out of your way to meet some chick you barely know.

showtime17

Don Juan
Reaction score
chicks asking me out and then flaking has happened quite often to me. i just dont get what the hell these chicks are thinking. i cant get into their mindset. sometimes a girl will be acting all over you and the next day she will act like she doesnt know you.... wtf?

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two explanations:
1. She asks people out to boost her confidence, but actually doesn't go out with them.

2. She asks out a ton of people, sets dates, and picks her favorite one while ditching the rest.

Very rarely are these girls being honest about not being able to make it.

Next her

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Luveno
Two explanations:
1. She asks people out to boost her confidence, but actually doesn't go out with them.

2. She asks out a ton of people, sets dates, and picks her favorite one while ditching the rest.

Very rarely are these girls being honest about not being able to make it.

Next her
Summary of all of this is to only date girls that do not have "PLANS" or "SCHEDULES" they're using strategies to see how many people she can see in a week which makes you just one out of 10 other friend/dates she'll see. How would you like it if your own mother setup a schedule in which she'll be nice to one of your bros/sis and just completely ignore you for the rest of the time? You wouldn't stand up for that crap.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, this happens all the time. Here are my main theories on why women flake, in order of likelihood.

1. She has loads of men asking her out, so has no need to make firm arrangements because she knows there will always be some other a$$ kisser to date. The date just has no real 'value' to her.

2. General flakiness/dizziness/inability to logically plan her life. This seems to be common with younger women, but is also closely related to 1.

3. Bigger Better Deal. She had IL when she met you, but a BBD came along and she decided to dump you in favour of the new guy.

4. Fear of confrontation. She gave you her number and agreed to a date because she didn't want to confront you by saying 'no' outright, and hopes you'll correctly interpret her flaking as ******** for 'I'm not interested'. To men this just seems a waste of time, but for women this has the added advantage of providing drama and discussion opportunities for her girly chats.

5. Memory loss. Sometimes if you meet girls who've had a few drinks they simply can't remember you and will flake out of fear of the unknown.

6. A shYt test. I think this is a lot rarer than we think. A female friend told me she sometimes reschedules as a shyt test to see how interested the man is, but she would never actually flake if she had high IL.

7. Genuine reasons. This does happen but if her IL is high she will reschedule and make it clear she is still interested.

Basically don't worry about it. Women don't worry about flaking, because they have other options. I would never recommend flaking back because it is rude and disrespectful, but you shouldn't get too worried about it - it's par for the course.

blitzin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Already said her grandfather had a massive stroke, that's why she missed. She wasn't in any of her classes that day either. She missed because she had to go see her grandfather. No big deal. We went out last night and had fun. Kissed her. I'm seeing her again on Saturday. :)

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Odd....I know girls who fake their elderly relatives being sick, dead, etc. to get out of doing things like going on dates. Sure, its a demented thing to do, but a lot of girls are demented and honourless that way.

^_^

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blitzin'
Already said her grandfather had a massive stroke, that's why she missed. She wasn't in any of her classes that day either. She missed because she had to go see her grandfather. No big deal. We went out last night and had fun. Kissed her. I'm seeing her again on Saturday. :)
way to go :D

blitzin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Luveno
Odd....I know girls who fake their elderly relatives being sick, dead, etc. to get out of doing things like going on dates. Sure, its a demented thing to do, but a lot of girls are demented and honourless that way.
Ya know, I've thought about that too. Women are the only ones who stoop that low with lies. If only they knew that we would rather hear the truth than some made up story that makes us wonder. Plus, yeah, that is very demented to say your family died just to get out of a date. I've never heard of a guy going that extreme with an excuse. Yet women like to believe we are the bigger liers, even though they do it more often and more extreme than anyone else.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check this out!

While i was getting my real estate certification, this really short chick with bleach blonde hair started sitting by me. By day three, she is playing with my cell phone and trying to find out all of my business.

The following Friday, i get a text message from this girl asking me to go out with her. Keep in mind i never gave this girl my # and i wasn't attracted to her at all! The following weekend, she asked me out again; yet i kept telling her i was busy.

Her mother, however is a successful real estate agent who owns her own business. In the state of ohio, you need a broker's representation to take the state real estate exam. This girl volunteered her mom and told me to call her when i wanted to meet with her mom.

I called twice and left messages. She didn't return my calls.

There you have it, girls are nuts! She probably told all of her friends that i was sweating her.