Carrying a concealed handgun.....

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have thought about getting a permit for a conceal-carry. Many others are doing it now, I guess due to the recession and imminent crime increase that comes with it. I am having reservations about this, though.

First, my home is well protected. I've been around guns all my life, and have plenty protecting my house. You fvck with my family you will die.

But to carry one on me sort of scares me. I am of the belief that if you are aware of your surroundings, and you use your head about where to go, you can pretty much take yourself out of harms way 99% of the time. Ie don't be stupid.

And, if you pull a gun on someone, you'd better be willing to use it, because you can bet that the guy coming to commit a crime towards you is willing to use his piece, in a life or death situation.

Thoughts?

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's nice to have a concealed carry permit. That doesn't mean you have to carry the firearm at all times or at all. It would be nice to be able to legally have your hand gun stashed in your car's center console for instance.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the recession got to do with anything? I haven't seen some big crime wave or anything. I don't feel anymore threatened during this recession than I did before it.

U

user43770

It's good to have one for road trips. You never know when you might break down on the side of the road.

It's like the old saying goes: when seconds are precious, the police are only minutes away.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
What's the recession got to do with anything? I haven't seen some big crime wave or anything. I don't feel anymore threatened during this recession than I did before it.
It's a common way of thinking. I don't have stats to back it up. It may not matter, but either way that's not the focus of my thread.

TyTe`EyEz said:
It's good to have one for road trips. You never know when you might break down on the side of the road.
Very good point, and one I hadn't thought of. I drive a good bit myself.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Meanwhile in the UK you have to beg and plead with the police that you have a vermin problem on your property which pest eradication has failed to remove to be allowed to own a .22 rifle, and your license can be revoked at any time.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hughman said:
Meanwhile in the UK you have to beg and plead with the police that you have a vermin problem on your property which pest eradication has failed to remove to be allowed to own a .22 rifle, and your license can be revoked at any time.
Isn't the government installing surveillance cameras in homes now?

Doesn't seem like a stretch.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I think it's nice to have a concealed carry permit. That doesn't mean you have to carry the firearm at all times or at all. It would be nice to be able to legally have your hand gun stashed in your car's center console for instance.

I agree with this, just cuz you have a permit to carry, doesn't mean you have to carry everywhere you go.

Having the option is nice though I suppose.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
Everyone should have a concealed weapons permit. We must prepare for the end war against the new world order!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFbPCvlTDWI

:rolleyes: Another New World Order nut.

Sometimes I think a large swath of this country is like the land that time forgot. People hiding out in bunkers, paranoid that some global army that doesn't even exist is going to storm across the horizon and through them in re-education camps. I'm sick of these lunatics. Look at the video on the top, they can't even spell "Militia" correctly. That tells you something about the education level of these nutbags.

And if by some stretch of the imagination there ever was a "new world order" army that wanted to invade America, They'd probably be dropping laser guided bombs from 30,000ft up on your compounds. I don't know what your assault rifles are going to do about that.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you DO buy one, buy one that you Will carry at All times. As such, I recommend the Kahr PM9 or the Sig p238. You forget you even have it on at 14-16 oz. Most people do not carry because it's uncomfortable. Always be packin.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Isn't the government installing surveillance cameras in homes now?

Doesn't seem like a stretch.
That's just scaremongering, but **** like that isn't beyond our retarded government.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be aware that cops will pull your ass over if they run your plates and a CCP shows up. Thats what I've been told by people who have them. Cops will use that as an excuse to pull you over. Just let that be known.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not? I plan on getting mine the minute funds become available. True, you can avoid trouble most of the time, but sometimes trouble finds you. At the same time I'm well aware that I'll most likely never have to use it in a self-defense situation (and hope I never have to). At the same time I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Personally, I want every advantage I can have in every aspect of my life.

Currently I keep mine in my vehicles glove compartment (legal in KY). For that matter open carry is legal in KY too, although you can still get a "disturbing the peace" or similar charge. Anyway, I have a 4" barrel (compact) Springfield XD9 which I bought with the intention of carry.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Wait till next year when the dollar collapses and the government introduces the Amero and forces people to sell their money pennies on the dollar.

l.a riots on a national scale.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
other than having a gun in you house for protection,
people should'nt have axcess to firearms.

most people are ready to harm others over to most small things, stories of murders in inner cities should tell us that.

U

user43770

Phenomenal One said:
other than having a gun in you house for protection,
people should'nt have axcess to firearms.

most people are ready to harm others over to most small things, stories of murders in inner cities should tell us that.

A study in Florida concluded that concealed carry permit holders were 300 times less likely than the general population to commit a crime. Much less than 1% of the CCW holders in Florida have used their weapon to commit a violent crime. Murders in inner cities don't have anything to do with responsible gun owners. Why would you try to deny me my right to protect myself?

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
A study in Florida concluded that concealed carry permit holders were 300 times less likely than the general population to commit a crime. Much less than 1% of the CCW holders in Florida have used their weapon to commit a violent crime. Murders in inner cities don't have anything to do with responsible gun owners. Why would you try to deny me my right to protect myself?
i fell uneasy even with people who have a permit for a firearm.

what i think is scary is that some people can find any reason to shot someone else if they wanted to.

(i don't know if they do this) but there needs to be psychological testing for people who want to own a gun, even people who have a responsibility to protect others.