Cant turn numbers into dates!!!

saber101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost every number i get goes down the same. Ill call the next day and they dont answer. They text back a lil while later like "omg so sorry! i was away from my phone! whats up?" Sometimes they dont even text back and i just end up texting them. Anyways everytime i text and ask girls what theyre doing they always **** like "going out with some girlfriends" or something like that and they never seem available for a date. And when they say theyre busy, they never offer up a counteroffer. What can i do to turn all these numbers into dates!

falcon814

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive personally never called the next day, but what i usually do is.

Lets say i got the number on saturday.. Ill call them next Friday and let them know ill be at some place and they should come join me there.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like you are too available. You didn't create any type of challenge when you called the next day--I would get like 6 numbers and forget about 2 of them for about a week. Then, sure enough, the 2 I forgot about would actually meet me somewhere.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to STIR up EXCITEMENT inside your text messages. Consider the "What's In It For Me" Factor.

If a woman doesn't know you yet, you're going to need to give her a good reason to kick it with you.

Next time, TELL her you're going for COFFEE to relax for the afternoon and tell her she's invited to tag along. Assume it an exciting rendezvous by closing the text with "It'll be FUN getting to know each other better :)"

Keep it simple. Your words must convey confidence & cool.

IF she calls for a rain check, don't worry. Just msg back "Aw, too bad. If you change your mind, just let me know."

saber101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Duffdog said:
It seems like you are too available. You didn't create any type of challenge when you called the next day--I would get like 6 numbers and forget about 2 of them for about a week. Then, sure enough, the 2 I forgot about would actually meet me somewhere.
Actually your probably right. Ive never NOT atleast texted a woman the next day. mostly cuz im afraid shell forget me. But im going to try waiting a few days after getting their number before calling. Im sure itll make a huge difference.

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait 3 or so days before calling.

I wouldn't take them not picking up personally. It's not like she can tell it's you calling, after all (depending on caller ID settings.)

So, call after 3-4 days, then telling her that you're going somewhere and should get together. Do make it seem too much like a date, make it sound like you were just going out and it would be nice if she joined you.

Frosty22

Reaction score
saber101 said:
Almost every number i get goes down the same. Ill call the next day and they dont answer. They text back a lil while later like "omg so sorry! i was away from my phone! whats up?" Sometimes they dont even text back and i just end up texting them. Anyways everytime i text and ask girls what theyre doing they always **** like "going out with some girlfriends" or something like that and they never seem available for a date. And when they say theyre busy, they never offer up a counteroffer. What can i do to turn all these numbers into dates!
Lack of Attraction on your initial meeting could be the main cause id say from reading what youve wrote...

Women will give phone numbers out simply to give themselves an ego boost

dj trainee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think you're doing well to get the numbers in the first place...so good job on that mate :) I can hardly even do the "Hi" stage very well so I don't attempt to most of the time. It's like once I've gotten past the hi stage, I'm fine, it's just getting in that I find the hardest. But everyone's always said don't ring the next day so guess now you know :)

I'm not expert, but I reckon if they don't pick up, don't even text them. You make more of an impression by a normal phone call. And portray a confidence of "It's their loss" cos you got plenty of other numbers right? Like the others said, if they say they're busy, like one of the other guys above said "well no worries, you've got my number if you change ur mind, i'll catch you later".

While not the same situation, I have female friends that I see every now and then one on one... If they're not responsive to hanging out or going for a drink, I do just that... just back off and ignore them for a while. Week or two later they come back blatantly obvious that they wanna hang out.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
saber101 said:
1. Your asking what their doing.. That is the problem. You as the "Man" have to come up with the plans and make the decisions. Next time you call a girl. You say; "I'm going to have lunch at this place you should come with me." Or "I'm going to the park to walk my dog you should join us for some fun."

Fix that and I bet you will see more success. If that does not help. Then, its something different you have to work on. Lets just focus on what I said above... Dont ask what their doing. Tell them what you are doing and say that they should join you. That is it.