Can't break up with my first girlfriend

Arky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, I was a total shy nerdy AFC in high school years. After school I discovered sosuave, started working out, made lots of friends, made my first approaches etc. Each day I became cooler and more social and I felt really alive. In just one year I went from nothing to having a pool of 4-5 girls that I could choose from. I had some dates and one of them became my first girlfriend. I lost my v-card and had some great moments with her.

Now an year has passed and she's still my girlfriend, but I feel like I'm losing all the progress that I did before. She takes a huge amount of my free time. I don't go to clubs anymore, I haven't approached a girl in months, I rarely see my friends or take any risks. My life is boring and I'm turning AFC again.
But I can't break up with her. We had great moments together and after all this time I can't imagine living without her. Maybe I have oneitis. I gave her too much space and now I'd will feel empty without her.

Did you have a similar experience with your first girfriend? How did you manage to leave her? I want to be a cool guy again and not the emotional pvssy I'm turning into..

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask yourself what is she adding to your life? Is it positive or negative?

Also I think you can't blame the girl because you got lazy. It happens all the time. A guy works hard puts loads of effort into himself and gets a girl and then he thinks thats it and gets lazy.

Always keep improving yourself because only you are responsible for your own happiness..

Pathgen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just went through a very similar situation. I had the exact same feelings that you had. I would see hot girls walking around and feel like i was tied down to one girl in my prime years.

What happened to me is I actually tried to break up with her 2 times and failed both times. This was mostly because afterwards we would see each other at school and we would just come back together.

Then I moved away to college and she stayed at home. We were dating for a month and at this point and time I really loved her... scratch that I had developed oneitis. The way she acted before i left led me to believe that she would never lose interest in me. She was crying and being all emotional.

Then after a month our conversations started to get dry. She seemed bored and I was just doing the same things I always did. I also became more afc, telling her I loved her and that she was the one for me.

Then one night I am at a party. I text her saying that we are having fun and i wish she was here. I get this text back telling me that she doesnt want to talk right now. I make sure twice that she doesnt want to talk before I leave her alone.

The next day she is mad at me for not seeing what the problem was. I checked three times to see if she really wanted to be left alone and she said she did. She gave me some bull**** about how if i really knew her I would know not to leave her alone.

So i get pissed off thinking that im gonna make her suffer by breaking up with her. WRONG MOVE. That is actually what she wanted. She had lost interest in me.

All this resulted in the fact that i am still not over the break up. I went from a total AFC, to someone with some game, back to an AFC. I woke up this morning thinking about the times we used to have together and it pisses me off.

My advice after this whole situation is that if you are having these feelings that she is not what you want or she isnt what you want right now break up with her. It is way better than really falling in love with someone and having them leave you.

BTW this girl i fell in love with, was just meant to be some chick i dated until i moved out to college. I had no plans in the beggining to even stay with her for more than a while. She just drew me in and i felt trapped because she was such a cool person.