Canceling on her

Bay area pimp

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been dating this girls for about five weeks now. I have a date with her tomorrow night. We just set this up today but something came up and I probably wont be able to make it anymore. 2 questions. Will this have a negative impact on the situation. What is the best way to tell her I cant make it. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What came up? A hotter chick?

The best way to tell her you can't make it is to have another date for another day ALREADY PLANNED when you call to cancel. "Can't do tomorrow, but I'd really like to see you ____ and we can ____ and then go home for some @!$$#%$#%"

If you call her TODAY and say that, it'll be no big deal.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Just tell her you can't make it and would like to reschedule.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Digression:

Some guys here have suggested intentially making a date and cancelling it!

They point out that when you're interested in a chick, and she blows you off like that, it really jacks up your desire to see her. So the logic goes, doing the same thing to a woman should work. It's making yourself a challenge.

Any opinions on THAT little theory?

Bay area pimp

Banned
Reaction score
I could see how canceling on her might jack up her Interest level. Although it could hurt it too.

roman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
Some guys here have suggested intentially making a date and cancelling it!

They point out that when you're interested in a chick, and she blows you off like that, it really jacks up your desire to see her. So the logic goes, doing the same thing to a woman should work. It's making yourself a challenge.

Any opinions on THAT little theory?
You beat me to it. My cousin has been dating this HB9 for the past 6 months. He cancelled on this broad twice before they went out for the first time. I'm not saying that's the reason why they got together, but it didn't seem to hurt him any.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin has been dating this HB9 for the past 6 months. He cancelled on this broad twice before they went out for the first time.
DAM!! I never imagined doing that on the 1st date! I mean, how do you start seducing her if you don't even see each other?

If you cancel on a 1st date, before you really know her, an HB9 simply has too many other options. She'll forget about you. Young HB9's have way more options than any male PUA/DJ in the world. ...seems like common sense to me.

That's why I wouldn't cancel a date unless I absolutely had to.

I remember some guys on here canceling dates because they went to the gym RIGHT beforehand and worked out so hard, they didn't feel like going out anymore!

You're supposed to have a life of your own, but I gotta shake my head at that. HB 8-9's have way too many guys trying to ask them out. If you can't even keep a date, they'll find someone who can.

(Bay Area Pimp: you're fine. Just tell her what's up and ask her on another date.)