Can you create a chemistry?

Amw406

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I talked to a HB8 yesterday, gamed her for about five minutes and got her number. But that isn't the issue. She seemed to be excited to give me her number. But I couldn't get the the feeling that we had a natural flowing conversation. There were moments when it felt like we were clicking but it didn't last for a long period. You guys have any ideas on how to develop a chemistry?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
To create chemistry, work out and be healthy. They either like you (in your present state, which you can improve) or they don't.

damnsam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Silence is cool too...

I'm sure there have been countless threads and articles regarding chemistry or attraction if you search the forums. She felt some attraction towards you for her to give her number to you and she was happy to do so. Most guys feel they HAVE to continue the conversation or try to make a growing and lasting impression. Attraction works best in small doses, because by the very definition attraction or chemistry is only temporary...too much of something looses the very sensation of feeling it. You got her number, had some moments that clicked, and get out of the interaction until the next time you contact/see her. Also in any future conversation don't be afraid of NOT having something to say...simply communicate with body language or gestures. Look at her and just smile and this will communicate something more powerful than any words.

CCFCmid

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really want to look into how attraction works, check out psychological research on 'social rank theory' by Price & Sloman.

They don't link it particularly to seduction and attraction, they look at the other end of the spectrum, how social defeat leads to depression, submissive, supplicating behaviour.

I keep thinking about posting about this, or writing a document, it's fascinating, for instance....

In experiments where they placed a dominant male rat in the same pen as a lower value male, after the defeat by the dominant rat, the defeated rat showed symptoms of submissive behaviour, averted eye gaze, less environmental scanning (you know when you're beta and you walk in a room full of people and don't look anyone in the eye or around the room, you just scuttle to the nearest empty space/seat), as well as biological signs of anxiety and depression.

The dominants show higher social value. Human men hold beauty as a way of measuring a women's social rank, women gauge a man's social rank by this assertiveness and confidence much more than looks. The balance of these percieved social ranks is what we are playing with with all this PUA stuff.

We can use this stuff to show our dominance by going the other way with assertive, dominant behaviour.