Can you be too big of a jerk?

flying10

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like playing the ****y and funny routine when I am out meeting girls, but sometimes I think I come off as being an a******. I like to make fun of the girls, but sometimes they get offended.

For example, I was talking to this HB8 at a concert and she's talking about how good looking she is with her dimples. So I shot back at her, "You're actually pretty ugly, compared to me." She seemed really sad so I had to tell her dimples were lovely.

So should I keep messing with girls like this or try to be a little more of a nice guy?

thelastdj

Reaction score
iono. that example you gave seemed more harsh and blunt than ****y and funny. but thats just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flying10
I like playing the ****y and funny routine when I am out meeting girls, but sometimes I think I come off as being an a******. I like to make fun of the girls, but sometimes they get offended.

For example, I was talking to this HB8 at a concert and she's talking about how good looking she is with her dimples. So I shot back at her, "You're actually pretty ugly, compared to me." She seemed really sad so I had to tell her dimples were lovely.

So should I keep messing with girls like this or try to be a little more of a nice guy?
That comment was kind of harsh .. it's hard not to let C&F take over, but sometimes you have to resist the temptation. You just need to have some intuition too. Like if you know the girl you are talking to is really vain about her appearance and how she looks, don't crack jokes about her being ugly.

Just get some more experience teasing girls and making fun of them, and you'll probably develop a gut feeling of when something would be an inappropriate thing to say.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flying10

"You're actually pretty ugly, compared to me."
ha thats pretty harsh and ****y. but its so harsh and ****y its funny, except for the girl you said it to.

Spiky

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive found that when you act like an ******* chicks will become attracted, but in the end you lose their trust.

When you make chicks jealous and lie to them, your ****yness gets attraction but it disqualifys them at the same time.

Concentrate on being ****y in a way where the chicks think your only joking but they're never sure. ****y and funny is all in the tone of your voice.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can obviously be too much of a jerk. It's like asking "can you be too much of a nice guy"?

Some things are good in moderation. Just don't overdo it to one extreme or another.

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course you can, and unfortunately, you were. You gotta find that happy medium between ****y and funny.

Just let it flow, if it seems funny, say it. Don't force it.

pokie87

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have said ''Ye i like your dimples, how much you pay for them?'' This way she knows you are joking yet its still insulting at the same time.

KinkyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pokie87
You should have said ''Ye i like your dimples, how much you pay for them?'' This way she knows you are joking yet its still insulting at the same time.

but thats just cheesy as hell

that aint me

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, this "you shoulda said" stuff never works- canned lines from others never come across strong liek something you just thought of.

pokie87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by StrangeButTrue
Yeah, this "you shoulda said" stuff never works- canned lines from others never come across strong liek something you just thought of.
Just giving a general idea. You have to give an example in order for some people to get an idea of how to use ****y and funny.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spiky
ive found that when you act like an ******* chicks will become attracted, but in the end you lose their trust.

When you make chicks jealous and lie to them, your ****iness gets attraction but it disqualifies them at the same time.

Concentrate on being ****y in a way where the chicks think your only joking but they're never sure. ****y and funny is all in the tone of your voice.
I agree, speaking from my personal experiences when my whole game relied on the being ****y and funny.

Being a smart ass, ****y, etc. is a good way to draw in a broad's attention and make you stand out from everyone else.
Now I'm a naturally smartassed and in some cases a silly acting person. When I first learned about being "****y and funny" via David-D's stuff about 4yrs ago, I thought it was golden, but through my experiences I found the many flaws in it.

*First the type of women I attracted and dated.
-Two types
Usually women with low self esteem or women who merely saw me as a form of entertainment.

*Secondly I turned a lot of women off
They saw me as either a pure ******* or mean spirited. (one in the same)

*Finally the major problem I found with relying on ****y and funny is....
It really doesn't allow you to create a rapport with women.
This goes back to #'s 2 and 1, you are either seen as egocentric, intimidating, an ass, or as a someone's little private entertainment monkey.

Am I advocating against being ****y and funny? God no! Its great for opening up and its good add little dashes here and there (like allspice) but don't let your game be centered around it, you have to use your gut on when to use it and when to just lay back

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't think so

It was just good c&f. I garauntee you the girl is not gonna hate you for that.....unless she's the super-emotional type that is.

pokie87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls with low self esteem act really badly to C + F because they get self conscious and cant take a joke. Self confident girls love C + F. C + F combined with normal rapport building conversation and kino is a recipe for success. Girls with low self esteem are a waste of time anyway so its better to filter them out using C + F.

oilers05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just don't make it personal buddy, if she has a pimple shhh. Haha, good luck sir.

flying10

Don Juan
Reaction score
I also agree with On_The_Top.

Lately, I've found out that being a jerk does work really well with stuck up girls who are used to attention and the really social girls. But if I use my sarcastic humor on the normal to shy girls, they usually don't get my humor and they eventually get pissed off.

So I think now I'm going to open up meeting new girls with C & F and then just being (a nicer version of) myself.