Can u Decipher this Bodylanguage

LeChanteur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the past few years I have become pretty adept at reading body language but I have recently observed a girl doing some that I'm not quite sure of as it seems contradictory.

Basically I have chatted to her a few times in a bar/restaurant and each time we have been sitting in these chairs that have arm rests. Now we're often involved in convos with others but when Italk to her solo she adjusts her body position so she is facing towards me (we usually sit beside each other) From then on whenever we chat she seems to be constantly rearranging her position to face more towards me, now this means she has to sit in the chair in very unusual ways like sitting on her leg, huggin her knee etc It's confusing in that it seems both open and closed at the same time, perhaps it could be a sorta 'shield' but then this girl isn't shy or nervous neough to need one.

balengar

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know what kind of awkward seating position you are talking about.

I definitely feel its a positive one, or at least its not negative.

Sitting in a chair as you describe is not exactly comfortable....and if she is willing to be a bit uncomfortable, just so she can face you while having a convo, then shes definitely interested in WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY (not NECESSARILY you).....but also you prolly.

Go for it.

dollashort

Don Juan
Reaction score
to me it seems like this chick is using body language that one would use when they're really into the conversation and really trying to show interest, just a little bit more obvious than usual.

DreamerZZ35

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LeChanteur
Over the past few years I have become pretty adept at reading body language but I have recently observed a girl doing some that I'm not quite sure of as it seems contradictory.

Basically I have chatted to her a few times in a bar/restaurant and each time we have been sitting in these chairs that have arm rests. Now we're often involved in convos with others but when Italk to her solo she adjusts her body position so she is facing towards me (we usually sit beside each other) From then on whenever we chat she seems to be constantly rearranging her position to face more towards me, now this means she has to sit in the chair in very unusual ways like sitting on her leg, huggin her knee etc It's confusing in that it seems both open and closed at the same time, perhaps it could be a sorta 'shield' but then this girl isn't shy or nervous neough to need one.

Maybe she is, maybe she isnt. You cant possibly know until/unless you take her on some sort of DATE. Coffee whatever..... get her alone with you in a situation where you are BOTH aware you are examining possibilities (which is what any date is really about) If she is turning towards you and is open they yes...

For goodness sake... ask her out. Go out with her and if it goes well Kiss her.... that will tell you ALL you need to know about if she sees you in a romantic light.

RabidDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dollashort
to me it seems like this chick is using body language that one would use when they're really into the conversation and really trying to show interest, just a little bit more obvious than usual.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harden the ƒuck up and ask her out already.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have to look for other signs of body language to "read body language"

Does she fold her arms, cross her legs, cover her mouth when she talks, scratch her ear, make eye contact, look away, twiddle her fingers, etc etc etc etc

Just because she shifts her body towards you doesent mean too much.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As has been said before, reading body language is essentially useless in determining interest.

It's more of a tool to understand peoples reactions to you and their environment.

IE : Ask her to coffee, and she closes her posture but says yes... she will ditch.

Moral : if you want to find out if shes interested, express your interst and watch her reaction.

PS. I like that name, LeChanteur. Did you mean the singer? Or one of its more subtle definitions?

LeChanteur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all that it's what I figured. I'm not that interested in her but was just wondering what the take was on that kind of body lagnuage as it seems both closed (knees in front of you and hugging them) and open (making great effort to turn to talk)

The arms of the chairs are deisgned so you'd have to pull your knees up to your chest if you wanted to sit in them and face the person next to you. The arm rests are sorta shaped like a 'C'

Oh and the name does mean the singer.

ToP DoN

Banned
Reaction score
smack the girl

aroudn ..stop trying to read and just ask the biatch if she wants to fock