Can get any girl, except the one I want

Zone20

Banned
Reaction score
This has been the story of my life. I've always had HB 9's after me, and never had a problem getting a date... except with the girls I'm actually interested in. It amazes me how much this happens. Does anybody why? Is this just coincidence?

They see me as just a friend - yet girls even more attractive than them will want me. I don't understand it.

It's almost like I'm forbidden to date the girls I have feelings for.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check your behavior. You may not be aware of subtle differences in your behavior when you are interested in a girl.

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you control your behavior and thoughts when it comes down to the girl you like?

Zone20

Banned
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I do act kinda different around the girls I'm interested in. I doubt that makes a difference though.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Babnik said:
How do you control your behavior and thoughts when it comes down to the girl you like?
It's no different than how you control your thoughts and behavior with anything else. Believing that there's a difference will needlessly make it more difficult.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zone20 said:
Now that I think about it, I do act kinda different around the girls I'm interested in. I doubt that makes a difference though.
Why wouldn't it?

Zone20

Banned
Reaction score
Because either they like you or they don't. A subtle difference in personality isn't going to change anything.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zone20 said:
Because either they like you or they don't. A subtle difference in personality isn't going to change anything.
Youd be suprised. Youre not even aware of it so how do you know?

A subtle difference in HOW YOU BEHAVE toward them as opposed to other girls is noticeable.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be a lot of different reasons.

Maybe you don't act like a challenge. You may be doing things you are not aware of. Do you act like you are competely won over. Think about what you are doing, because I think you are probably doing something different.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zone20 said:
What do you mean I'm not aware of it?

Youre not aware of slight subconscious acts and how they differ from your normal behavior. Im sure you friends and others can tell when your interested in a girl. It could be so subtle that it would be hard for you to even recognize.

Zone20

Banned
Reaction score
Geez, I figured the girls just didn't like me. Apparently they don't like me because of something I'm doing wrong? So this is a methodical problem? lol

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Youd be suprised. Youre not even aware of it so how do you know?

A subtle difference in HOW YOU BEHAVE toward them as opposed to other girls is noticeable.
Exactly. They aren't attracted to you for a reason and if that reason is something that you easily have control over why not? This is where an ego can slow you down from getting what you desire.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zone20 said:
What do you mean????
Not believing that even a subtle change could make a difference. It's understandable if it were something life changing but not being able to consider that even the smallest change would make a difference is like not driving down a particular street because there's a pothole in the road.