Calming your nerve??

mike88nbd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so you know what to say to her when you see her and your sure of yourself now.

A few hours later, you see her walking your way. Your heart starts beating and your stomach feels like it is filled with lead. Your knees feel weak, and your mind is filled with fear. You know it is now or never, the moment of truth in which the only person youll let down is yourself.

As she reaches you, you open your mouth but nothing comes out, she gives you a quick glance as she walks by and you see your opportunity leaving you.

Ive been in these type of situations a few times in my life, not only with approaching girls, but also when I got in my first fist-fight, when I first asked a girl out and probably in some other situations I cant remember right now.

Ive succeeded in overcoming my fear most of those times, but I still let my fear get hold of me sometimes, most recently when I wanted to approach a HB 8.5 a few weeks ago.

What do you guys do when your in this situation? Im not talking about just with girls, but other times when youve felt alot of fear as well.

How do you "calm your nerve"?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just become confident in your actions and say f*** it.
example- back freshman and sophmore year in high school i used to be very scared of calling girls up after i got their numbers,i just said to myself"f*** it" and dialed the number. you never know unless you try and so what if your told no to something.LIFE MOVES ON.

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
see how bad it feels when you dont do it. and next time you wouldn't want to feel the same way. so you not approaching or whatever IS NOT AN OPTION!!

mike88nbd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sandmandr
watch Fight Club
for one entire week. Everyday, atleast once.

Now that's a mindjob! Should make you confident for anything!
How will that help??

ezilonman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tough...the only thing that works for me is a state of mild intoxication.

SO

...suck it up, be a man...go where you don't want to but you need to

azn_alex

Don Juan
Reaction score
^true that. im not tryna sound hard or anything, but alcohol really does wonders for ur nerves. not alot tho, just take a few sips til u feel all warm inside

otherwise wat i do is just push thru, i cant just sit down take a breath and all my nerves are gone, i just continue. i probably dont come across very smooth but it takes practice

Reaction score
You seem, macking girls is like running. You start running and after the 3rd or 4th lap you start feeling fatigued, you're sweatin and huffin hard and your mind starts wanting to convince you to stop for a break but you have to defeat that and just push through and keep running. It builds stamina and will power to not give up so easily when failiure tempts you.

Rad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it with humor. If you mess up once or so, laugh at yourself and move on to another.

Listen to some 80s hair metal, that should get you in the right mindset.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
listen to some old metallica.master of puppers.seek and destroy.
to pump myself up i personally like old school offspring-gotta get away,genocide and so on.
just find something that puts you in the mood to make you feel like doing whatever you want,or heck learn to do it without anything helping you.

level006

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree. For a long time I just couldn't calm my nerve.

But today I finally asked the girl. And now I'm completely confused because she might not think of it as a "date" per se, although I was. I'm really worried about THIS.

Don't worry about asking her. Ask her, and worry about AFTEr that. Cause this is indeed, the hardest part.

LesaneCrooks

Don Juan
Reaction score
in "theres somethign about mary", the guy jacks off before going on a date, in order to clean the pipes, so to speak.

Trust me, gettin the *** out of your system before a date or something like that, really works, cuz the hormones dont ahve you so nervous. Try it

Or just smoke a fat blunt, works just as well.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
try practicing approaches to anyone
it'll help you gain some confidence

practice makes perfect

sinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
uhm.. dont worry about the outcome when you talk to the girl

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sinner
uhm.. dont worry about the outcome when you talk to the girl
GENIUS, we would have never though of that if it weren't for YOU.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND THE GREAT TIP/POST.

supajsilver2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LesaneCrooks
in "theres somethign about mary", the guy jacks off before going on a date, in order to clean the pipes, so to speak.

Trust me, gettin the *** out of your system before a date or something like that, really works, cuz the hormones dont ahve you so nervous. Try it
Problems with women? Masturbate! :up: