Calling for a date

transferyourpc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I've read the DJ bible.

But I remember reading something a while ago that said something like, "Don't call to set up a date for that night" or something. Can someone confirm?

For example, is it not a good idea to call at like noon today about hanging out tonight? etc.

No, this isn't a gf.

Dante1a

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I would say it's not a good idea if you're calling her to go out (i.e. not booty call. lol)

Here's why:

1) It makes you seem like you have nothing going on that night and hints that you may not have an exciting, fullfilling life. (Girls, who sometimes think too much, will start to subconciously erode your social proof in their minds. "Wow, he has nothing to do...loser." Not really like that, but you get the point.)

2) It makes it seem like you had something get cancelled and you called her as a "backup." Now this can be a good thing on some levels, but there is a firm difference between giving a challenge and giving off the wrong message.

If you are a busy guy with a great life and girls after you all the time, you would need to PLAN to get together with her...usually several days in advance. But you are PLANNING to get together with her, so it still conveys the idea to her of serious interest even if you don't communicate that when you're with her.

Come to think of it, you may already know all this stuff, but in case others don't here it is.

Also, in my experience you can call day of on several "real or fake occasions" and ask her to help bail you out of having to go.

Something like: "I'm supposed to go to this awards banquet tonight, but I really can't stand those things. What are you doing tonight?" If she says nothing, plan a spontaneous and fun thing to do together. Girls love that stuff..it also makes her happy you chose her over something most people love to go to. (Also hints that you have done something to merit an award and that you ae secure enough not to need an award for it.)

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*yes* plan ahead at least 1-2 days ahead.

MightyMate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can call same day but You have tio do it properly. You call her, and ask if she has time giving exactly place and hour. If she says yes then fine, if no, You say. Damn, ok, id have some stuff to do in the city by this time and thought we could meet. Anyways i have to go now. Catch You later. And then You dont call for few days. Next time You call and ask if she has time, she will prolly ask to meet same day herself.

msg

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm in a situation at the moment where girls flake out on me a lot, i have found that i need to work them on the phone a lot and pump their buying temperature, in most cases if i set up a meeting a few days in advance she will flake out, i had one flake out on me 4 times in a row even though i thought she was totally into me

situation 1, if you find yourself hanging out with your friends and your having a good time, call every hb that you know and get them to come and join you, they won't all show up, but if you've got enough numbers a few of them will, and you can always extract and isolate them later if things are going well

situation 2, sometimes a chick will sms me on a friday or saturday night, i just interpret that as she's bored and wants to see me so i'll invite her out to whatever i'm doing or if i'm doing nothing i'll tell her to come over to my place

at the moment i have about 5 phone numbers and 20 email addresses in my rotation, so i'll send them a funny email maybe once a week and see who responds and i usually set aside sunday evenings to call them all, even if they don't answers it's good for improving my phone game and building rapport

they way i see it, if she responds to my email, it's an ioi to send her an sms, if she responds to my sms, it's an ioi to give her a call, and so on...