Bulking while cutting

OurDayWillCome

Reaction score
Main target to bulk, 3 workouts a week, good diet, but also cut a bit of belly fat(beer belly) what would be the best cardio/way to do this. was thinking of swimming or running in between workout days. any comments

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what i don't understand is people on here saying you can't cut and bulk at the same time. I don't see why you can't lose fat while gaining muscle.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
what i don't understand is people on here saying you can't cut and bulk at the same time. I don't see why you can't lose fat while gaining muscle.
wait, this coming from a guy who in the last 72 hours:

- pondered whether or not deadlifts are really important?

- asked whether he should stop eating so much given his fat loss goals?

- admitted his current weightlifting plan is coming from Men's Fitness?

of course you can do both IF the diet is properly dialed in and IF you have realistic expectations. i don't know of anyone here saying you can't. that means appx. the right amount of calories and a sensible balance of macronutrients, cutting out white sugar & starch, etc. etc.

back to the OP...running & swimming on off days are both good choices, just ramp up gently. take one day per week entirely off any exercise to let the body recover. if it really is just a 'bit' of belly fat, it'll come right off once your diet is straight. keep a log of both diet & exercise, and you'll have the info you need if you stall on one goal or the other :up:

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morning low intense cardio 30-45 minutes --- 6 days a week

Fishoil, Green tea pills

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114618

Check my Journal, its what I'm doing now. Also check out my diet too. Its a good simple way of eating for bulking and losing weight.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on here. I was asking should I take in a lot of protein even if I was looking to lose weight. I can't remember who said it maybe Diesel but people on this site have wrote you can't cut and bulk at the same time, its either or.

I was in no way pondering if deadlifts where important or not if you would reread my post. I know they are probably the lift for all around body strength. That is why I am becoming so frustrated with my lower back hurting everytime I do them.

Plus what do you have against Men's Fitness just curious?