building rapport....online?

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so today I was talking to this girl I've known for a little while online. I ended up having a huge 2 hour conversation with her about the weirdest shyt....Like about her whole family and just everythign about her life...I even got an IM about how she was pottytrained and has a picture with her sitting on the toilet reading sesame street book lol...anyways sohuld i consider this building rapport or is it because its not in person that its not considered that?

Dustin

Don Juan
Reaction score
haver you seen a pic of her? If not you definaly shouldnt casue she could be the glyest chick alve and for all you know it could be her friends pulling a joke pretending to be her.

mcpimpX

Banned
Reaction score
never talk to hoes online,unless they have cash,pictures and give u da number,cuz all da hoes i know online,i know dem in real life,and they luv my big black d*ck(its sooo huge)

http://www.myspcae.com/brazy_boi give me hits :D

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ohh nono...i've hung out with this girl many many times. just her friends are attached to her hip so they follow her EVERYWHERE. So I never really got to talk to her in private. Shes quite possibly the hottest girl I know and this talk online really got us to know each other better so I was wondering if it does count as rapport or not lol?

shiningshadow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it counts. Not as good as irl though.

TheManlyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you, but no, you're not building rapport. You're acutally taking some steps back. You're listening to all her life problems and stories. Shes sending you a picture of herself on the toilet? You're becoming a too much of a friend. She should be far too self conscious at this stage in the relationship to even speak of a toilet. Don't speak online, set up a meeting online and speak in person. You can't utilize timing, emotion triggering voice, or kinosynthetics ( < very important) through the computer.

You mentioned that this conversation went on for 2hrs? Your conversations should never be anything more than 5-8 minutes unless its in person. She knows you've spent 2 hours online now, she knows you have the time to spend 2 hours online. What does this mean? You aren't doing anything interesting in your time. This isn't bad, but SHE KNOWS that you're not doing ****.

I call up this girl today that I met at a party on Saturday. I spoke with her for a few minutes and set up a "get together" for lunch on Wednesday (our schedules allow for us to leave school @ noon daily). She asked me what I'm doing today heres what I told her:

Well right now I'm off to handle some things in the city, then I've got kickboxing and submission grappling, then I need to go pick some things up from a friends house, by then it'll be too late to do anything.

What I'm really doing doesn't matter. I'm actually gonna spend the next few hours eating, doing homework and jerkin off; but she thinks I'm the busiest mother ******* she has ever met. She then finds value in my time and in that, she works for it. She wants more time with me because it holds value. If she knew that from noon till 4, I'm eating, doing homework and jerkin off (THEN I head out to kickboxing) then she wouldn't think twice about me because nothing about eating, homework, and jerkin off is interesting. As far as being in "the city" "handling things". I'm really just "down the block" "dropping off a package". but "the city" and "handling things" keeps things exciting and very mysterious...

set up a meeting ASAP. not a "date" but a "get together." Last thing you need is to develop a connection with someone only to realize you've spent all this time and energy on a relationship with someone you find completely atroscious.