bruce lee

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How should I work out to look like Bruce Lee,by that I mean definition and strength(like a bull).What supplements should I use.Should I use low reps and heavy weights and drink whey?

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce Lee has a book out on what exactly he did. He squatted heavy, did a few heavy basic excersizes, and a LOT of isometrics. He did forearms every day all the time. And he stretched nonstop. The reason why he was so compact is because he didn't eat right. Trained like a beast, but didng't eat.... pitty.

Darkart

Don Juan
Reaction score
A pity why?

Just because he's stronger than any Navy Seal and was half the bullet target?

Big muscular men who eat everything in sight arn't the future, when a women, especially thos eoutside the US sees someone who looks like Mr. Olympia, they don't think "greek god", but instead they think about how much it would cost to feed them.

That's why lean and mean gets you the most hotties, it's a subconscious survival trait all women have when picking out men.

war_eagle

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to learn more about Bruce Lee's training techniques just go to a search engine and perform a search

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kind of agree... I'd rather look like the legendary Mr. Lee over Ronnie Coleman any freakin' day of the week.

The lean n mean is much more practical too. As long as you have similar or even greater strength at 165 pounds as you do at 185 pounds, (I'm 5'8" btw), then lean n mean is the way to go.

I've lived abroad, and I've noticed that body aesthetics differ slightly outside the US.

Europeans and Asians prefer a toned, sculpted physique, while Americans (both men and women) consider a square, vein-popping musculature more attractive than the sleek physique.

I guess that is because of the essense of American culture. We are a country of big cars, big guns, big food servings, big houses, tall skyscrapers, big everything. This mentality carries over into our body aesthetics.

Just my thoughts.

-Jake

Originally posted by Darkart
A pity why?

Just because he's stronger than any Navy Seal and was half the bullet target?

Big muscular men who eat everything in sight arn't the future, when a women, especially thos eoutside the US sees someone who looks like Mr. Olympia, they don't think "greek god", but instead they think about how much it would cost to feed them.

That's why lean and mean gets you the most hotties, it's a subconscious survival trait all women have when picking out men.

Phenomenom101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce Lee trained himself to be more efficient instead of being big. If you are looking to gain mass then do the excersices discussed in this forum. Bruce Lee would usually lift weights every other day then do aerobic workout and also stretch. In other words, he would do excersices for strength and not just to gain muscle.

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce Lee trained all the time - non stop. Wherever he was he was training. He didn't use transport or walk, he would always run. He'd always be stretching so that his muscles would react efficiently. He'd always be conditioning his bones so that they grew stronger and hit harder. I think he is a true legend in training and I've learnt alot from his techniques. If you look you can find things about his exercise techniques. Its worth it.

ultrashogun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bruce lee may have been an awesome fighter with awesome capabilitys but when I practise a martial art I do it so I can gain health benefits plus defend myself. Bruve Lee died at age 30 something due to heavy overtraining so he may not be so much of a good role model for you people.

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
while Bruce Lee was very legendary for his body, I'm sorry to say 90% of you people here will never look like that, or would you want to....

at his peak, Bruces' body fat was 3%... he could do that cause he had a huge metabelism, and was pretty compact..... but if any normal american or European had that body fat percentage, you would be seriously unhealthy and sick.... the ideal body fat percentage for the average male (as calculated by Mens Health) is 11%, but thats too much for me... I would like mine around 7-9%

it just depends on your body-type and goals.....

as for his cause of death..... to much water in his brain (forgot the medical term for that) from an allergic reaction to aspirin.... for like two days he was complaining of major head-aches and while at a females friends house asked for some pills for his head and while lying on the couch went into a coma... died like 3-4 days after that in hospital....

i'm pretty sure thats what happened anyway.. let me check real quick...

best,

Jin

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, jin, I hate to get anal about this. Or maybe I love it...... anyhow:

At 3% bodyfat, you have no fat except that which protects your organs. Bruce Lee was closer to 8-9%. But he lived in an age when we couldn't do bone-density scans and find the REAL body fat %.

Pro BBers measure with calipurs and get 3%, but then take the bone density scan and get 8's and 9's. So Men's Health is wrong as always. My guess is they are reffering to your 'Calipur Percentage' because they aren't smart enough to get any more accurate.

Calipurs only measure the fat between the skin and muscle. Electric conductivity tests measures that fat layer and the intermuscular fat. Water-weighing gets it all, but doesn't factor in your organs or bone density.

So bone density is the way to go. At 20% you can see your abs, and at 3% you die, so you should stay somewhere in between.

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha... very true..

you are correct sir!.. I was refering to caliper body fat %... and I think so was Mens Health...

Best,

Jin