Break it down for me.

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i'm a schooler who recently just started going to the gym.

the thing is i have a huge gut im around 5'8-9 162 LB's.

what can i do to train to burn off my stomach AND gain mass.

so far im trying to learn how to deadlift/squat right (better form)

i need a good diet also, would anyone recommend me? my head is so dizzy from all these carbs/calories/protein intake. if anyone can break this down to me in SIMPLEST terms i would thank you x9999.

ill check back here in awhile, good day.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll chime in since I was in the same boat as you...

First....most of the guys in this little section dont really answer posts unless it's a journal ...I've noticed since I started coming into Health/fitness , so it might take a little while for the guy to answer you if they even answer at all.

If your going to just lose weight I would reccomend HIIT (High intensity interval traning) basically it means going fast then going slow going fast then going slow going fast then going slow...you get the idea.

Most people have different views on eating before working out and not eating and doing cardio so do what you want in that instance.

What I do for HIIT is get on the bike and go for 11 minutes, the first minute is a warm up then on minute two I go fast then on minute 3 I go slow and so on and so forth.

For the food that took me the longest thing to figure out since all it says around here is Beef/Veggies.

What I get is lots and lots of tuna fish, 2 bags of grilled chicken (The ones I get are in the frozen food section they are in green bags) , a bag of beef strips and I just got a bag of tilapia....oh and for the veggies I just look around the frozen food as well and just get the steam brocolli.

What helps is if you eat 6 meals a day as well, basically what I put up top just make sure you dont go to where you FEEL hungry you know?

That is the basic stuff other then that more questions are needed.

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
I'll chime in since I was in the same boat as you...

First....most of the guys in this little section dont really answer posts unless it's a journal ...I've noticed since I started coming into Health/fitness , so it might take a little while for the guy to answer you if they even answer at all.

If your going to just lose weight I would reccomend HIIT (High intensity interval traning) basically it means going fast then going slow going fast then going slow going fast then going slow...you get the idea.

Most people have different views on eating before working out and not eating and doing cardio so do what you want in that instance.

What I do for HIIT is get on the bike and go for 11 minutes, the first minute is a warm up then on minute two I go fast then on minute 3 I go slow and so on and so forth.

For the food that took me the longest thing to figure out since all it says around here is Beef/Veggies.

What I get is lots and lots of tuna fish, 2 bags of grilled chicken (The ones I get are in the frozen food section they are in green bags) , a bag of beef strips and I just got a bag of tilapia....oh and for the veggies I just look around the frozen food as well and just get the steam brocolli.

What helps is if you eat 6 meals a day as well, basically what I put up top just make sure you dont go to where you FEEL hungry you know?

That is the basic stuff other then that more questions are needed.
thank you for the quick response, but im also wondering do i have to limit my carb/calory intake to cut off my fat?

with cardio and weight training of course

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardio and weight training is a must, no two ways about it. Cardio 3-6 days a week, preferably HIIT. Cycling will get the job done but it puts a lot of strain on your quads, which makes it difficult to gain strength in the squat rack.

Find a nice piece of pavement/grass and do shuttle runs/wind sprints/suicides.

Usually a good setup is 2 minutes walk, 30-60 seconds sprint, 2 minutes walk, 30-60 seconds sprint, etc etc etc. Go until you've done 5-8 sprints.

Weight lifting should be covered already in the stickies.

--

We preach beef/veggies, but the overall theme is the paleolithic diet. The diet that our body is still pretty much adapted to and which is the diet that brought us away from our banana munching ancestors into our current(perhaps not the right word) state.

Our ancestors ate these foods:

-
Red meat from wild animals
Bird/reptile eggs
Chicken and other meats from reptiles
Coastal and river fish
Sea mammals like seals/ etc.
-
Fruits in natural quantities. By this I mean they didn't eat 40 oranges a day because at the time oranges didn't grow in protected orchards.
-
Edible plants/vegetables, not huge amounts but still present in the everyday diet.
-
Ground carbs, like potatoes, yams, and other roots.
Other carbs like nuts(almonds, peanuts, etc)

==

Since man has adopted agriculture and made grains a large part of his diet, our physique has changed and become less muscular and more prone to store bodyfat. Probably in part due to the general wheat/etc intolerance and also because we've had to work less to get our food.

==

-If you want a muscular physique, eat all of the foods listed above, don't pick on one thing(like only eating chicken, or only eating beef). There are scientific reasons for that but also so you dont get bored of what you're eating, consistency is big.
-Eat fruits/carbs but don't fill up on them, eat them with each meal in the morning & post-workout.
-Eat your vegetables with each meal in the afternoon, except post-workout.
-Eat the fatty protein(red meat, eggs) in the first half of the day and the leaner protein(fish/chicken) in the second half of the day.
-No carbs after the sun goes down.
-4L+ water each day, for someone going to the gym and doing cardio each day, 4L is a BARE minimum, should be closer to 6-8L a day.
-Obviously if fat loss is a priority for you, stay away from processed foods/grains/candy/soda/etc. Those aren't in the diet of our ancestors... Though I do believe cavemen went out to the bar on friday night for a few beers :)

Obviously keep a balance between being too slack and too anal. Anal enough that you'll get results and slack enough that you'll be able to maintain the lifestyle indefinitely.

That's as much as I care to break it down.

cheers

edit:

To make it a little more realistic for you, I'll read the reciept from my food shopping trip earlier today:

2x natural plain yogurt
2x 18 eggs
2kgs of red meat(1.5 kgs of beef, 0.5kgs of kangaroo meat)
1kg of natural middle bacon

2x green capsicums
4x navel oranges
4x assorted apples
4x bananas
1 tree of brocolli
4 brown onions
8 tomatoes
1 mango
1 jar of tomato paste
a few canned/frozen meals in case I run out of food.

That's roughly 4 days of food plus some extras.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KidwithSocks said:
the thing is i have a huge gut im around 5'8-9 162 LB's.
QUOTE]

A huge gut at 162? You could try tucking your hips in and the gut vanishes.