Bootcamp started May1st, Hi assignment poll

OceanWindRider

Don Juan
Reaction score
All right, team, here's a tricky but quick question:

Who's got troubles with Hi assignment?

I mean who by the end of the week#1 still felt they experience uneasiness saying Hi to strangers?

Everyone should respond very briefly trouble/no trouble or whatever they think their comfort level with Hi's is.

evil

Don Juan
Reaction score
EC : very easy.
Hi's: very easy if they give some EC back.
it felt harder if they seemed like they were in their own world.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
ive done the hi assignment like 50 times already lol. Namely because i always START the bootcamp but NEVER finished it!

For me saying hi to strangers is natural. I just do it. i dont ALWAYS do it...some people i dont greet for whatever reason. But no problems doing it for me. Also i find the EC thing a bit harder then just flat out saying hi. I notice that if people seem to be in their own world, no EC etc...just blurting out a hello to them snaps them out of it and they will return the greeting and most make EC at that point as well.

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyday I start practically from zero. The 50 Hi's didn't get rid of the fear, but what it did is gave me knowledge on how to conquer it better.

King Tuz

Banned
Reaction score
It was hard and some what challeging at first.

I didn't EXPECT it to be hard. But I wouldn't say hi to EVERYONE. Now I can say hi to anyone even if they are not giving me EC. I'll just say it. Week 1 was GREAT!

yrock181

Don Juan
Reaction score
in the first bootcamp that i did it was difficult at first, but after the first fifteen it became easier and easier. It really gave me a confidence boost in the beginning. Now i use it as a warm up excercise before i get into conversations.

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I still do it to this day. It is extremely powerful and underestimating. I think everyone should make it a part of their regular routine. Like breathing.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi's - Hard at first, got easier. First 10 were about as hard as the last 40.

Interesting thing... I kept doing the hi's beyond week 1, just as my warm-up. Now, I can say hi to people regularly. I feel more relaxed both before, during, after the hi. I get a greater percentage of people greeting me with a warm smile, hi back, etc. KEY IS TO RELAX

fitos

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot easier, but it comes and goes.

Sometimes I have the persons notice and acknowledge me, other times I still say it off timing and get less reactions.
Also today there was this SHB I couldnt say hi to.. well, next time.

Genji

Don Juan
Reaction score
The first few hi's are still a little hard, but after that, it comes pretty easily.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I adopted the "OMG what if they don't say hi back" mindset a LONG time ago.

I've got no problem saying hi, I can approach a table where a girl is having a birthday and persist until somebody tells me to get the fvck away from them(which happens less often than you would believe)

Just think about yourself, pretend you are approaching a mirror, doesn't matter to you what the hell your face looks like when you do. Make your face all gnarly and twisted, puff out your neck, scrunch your nose, have one lazy eye and one wide open, mouth open, tongue lolling out, and make a gargled "heeeeyygghhh".

Instant eye contact