Birds crashing into the ground, explained

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read this article on the shifting on the magnetic poles. I think this is the explanation for all those birds dying en mass lately.

As you may know, birds use the magnetic fields of the Earth to guide themselves. The Earth's field allows birds to maintain the proper altitude needed for different distances, in order to fly in the most efficient way.

So what are the effects on birds when the poles are shifting?
First off, not all birds are affected, and the effects affect only certain areas (I will explain why and where).
The affected birds will travel shorter distances in greater time and, in the case of migratory birds, never arrive to their destination. They also have to rely on their eyesight much more than ever because they can't trust magnetic fields that are shifting.

During the night however, if birds are startled and fly (except for nocturnal birds) they will follow the shifting magnetic fields right into the ground because they can not see.

Given the direction of the magnetic pole shift, this anomaly only affects one part of the world. Right now being the southern US. So the shifting of the poles will have an effect on a constantly shifting part of the world.

This anomaly has an opposite effect on the opposite side of the globe, for now being northen Europe. Here, the birds are flying high up until they become exhausted and plummet to their deaths from exhaustion and lack of O2. See: Birds dying in mass in Sweeden.

Reaction score
Yeah I was just going to mention the fish as well. How did they die? I'm sure they didn't crash into the bottom of the sea like the birds crashed into the ground?

Interesting theory though on the magnetic poles shifting.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good theory. I know they just closed an airport in Florida, which is near the bird deaths, because the magnetic pole shifts has caused the airport to need to change their signs the planes use to land.

By George I think you've got it!

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nimm said:
It`s a Pr stunt to bring FlashForward back!
Of course FlashForward was the first thing I thought of when hearing about this. I wish that show was still on.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally think a complete pole flip will wreak mass havoc on the animals..
If it happens within a very short amount of time (It shouldn't.) I wouldn't be surprised if planes fell out of the sky from navigation failure, just like the birds did here.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes much more sense than fireworks.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was skeptical when first read your post, but after reading about today's bird deaths in Italy Your theory starts making sense. "Yesterday alone 300 corpses were recovered with all of them having a blue tinge to their beaks, which scientists say indicates poisoning or hypoxia which is lack of oxygen that can confuse animals."

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dammit. I just made a new tin foil hat too.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JustLurk said:
I personally think a complete pole flip will wreak mass havoc on the animals..
If it happens within a very short amount of time (It shouldn't.) I wouldn't be surprised if planes fell out of the sky from navigation failure, just like the birds did here.
Dude, planes aren't going to just "fall out of the sky" if the poles reverse quickly. The nav system may get screwy, but they'll issue a NOTAM and pilots will know very quickly.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad to know we have our top scientific minds working this instead of wasting their time on curing cancer and AIDs.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Mapped out the birds killings:
Compare your map to this graph of earthquake history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Landkarte_New_Madrid_Erdbeben.jpg

They are virtually identical. I think the New Madrid fault is about blow. Geologists give it a 90% chance of a ~7.0 quake within the next fifty years. Movement of magna underneath the ancient fault is what makes it have earthquakes. That same magna movement is probably what is throwing off the magnetic fields, causing the bird deaths.

I hope I'm wrong, especially since I live about 50 miles from the fault line and next to a bird-death town. But I suspect I'm not.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
Glad to know we have our top scientific minds working this instead of wasting their time on curing cancer and AIDs.
Funny you mention this because I notice there are basically no scientists trying to figure the pattern left by bird kills.