Beware of the first pitfall along the path of Don Juan!

Reaction score
Allow me to tell you a story...

The young AFC sits on the computer all day, having few friends and no girls. People in general, and especially girls, treat him like crap because he supplicates and has no self-respect. He only wishes that he could fall in love with a girl, because that, of course, would solve everything.

Then one day he stumbles across sosuave.com. He reads the bible and vows to change his life. Slowly he begins to master the skills contained in the bible. He can neg-hit and use kino adeptly. He's never awkward around girls any more. His confidence shoots through the roof.

But in the back of his mind, he still remembers his AFC days. He remembers how girls treated him like crap and wouldn't give him the time of day. He still resents girls for that. Also, he has taken the DJ principle of "eliminating desire' to a perverted extreme, and views dating as calculation, social chess, as a game where the goal is to play the other person before they play you.

The new Don Juan thus falls victim to the first pitfall along the DJ path: He becomes a jerk. He plays girls without mercy and is even a little proud of himself for doing it.

He now has plenty of girls who are attracted to him. The problem is, eventually the game gets hollow and meaningless for him and he gets sick of playing it. He decides that he will just pick one girl fromt the many who are attracted to him and settle down in a relationship.

The problem is, he can't! Girls who are smart enough to be relationship prospects are hesitant to enter into an exclusive relationship with him because of his player reputation. The young DJ-in-training then realizes that he is not a DJ at all: he is a jerk.

And he realizes that he is not happy with being a jerk, and like when he was a nice guy, he wants to change. He wants to get back to the path to being a Don Juan.

Despite the fact that this is the known "natural" progression of the AFC after he cannot take any more of girl's sh!t, I suspect that many beginning Don Juans have fallen to this pitfall instead of becoming true Don Juans.

And as you have probably guessed by now, this is what happened to me. I've become the stereotypical jerk. I just wanted to make this post to warn you of this danger, which can creep up on you without you even knowing about it until it has led you astray. Let go of your anger and use your skill for good.

I'm trying to myself.

g f l a s h

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a jerk isn't a pitfall. I don't know about you but I became a jerk after an AFC before a DJ and I was f*cking satisfied with myself.

Hella lot better then being an AFC.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's better, being a jerk or a DJ?

Thought so.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what happened to me

1. AFC

2. Gradually became a Jerk
^ one day, a girl told me that she thought i was being self concieted and that she thought people would like me better if i cared a little more about others. I soon realized that I was a ****y fella, instead of a Confident one. In due time, i realize the difference between confidence and ****y and adopted a little of both.

3. Now i'm a Confident/funny(****y) person who doesn't need anyone or anything but himself and is able to carry on through life after a war of Bullsh!t

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Girevik
What's better, being a jerk or a DJ?

Thought so.
I was merely saying being a Jerk isn't a pitfall. Perhaps you missed that?

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
I was merely saying being a Jerk isn't a pitfall. Perhaps you missed that?
No, I didn't. But compared to being a DJ, why would it not be one?

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pit·fall
n.
An unapparent source of trouble or danger; a hidden hazard: “potential pitfalls stemming from their optimistic inflation assumptions” (New York Times).

It's neither a hidden hazard nor a source of trouble or danger. It's a step-up from the previous situation, it should not be thought of as a pit-fall but more of as an alternate path leading to the same destination.

You can become a jerk, but if your ultimate goal is to be a DJ, being a jerk will provide no negativity.

Reaction score
Becoming a jerk is a pitfall because you won't really be happy being a jerk. Myself, I ended up losing respect for every girl that was attracted to me. And, if you ever want a relationship, it will be very hard for you.

g f l a s h

Hellshock

Don Juan
Reaction score
See my post "Do it for YOU" for my opinion on this topic.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this happens to almost everyone here. they come here sad and depressed, see some hope, then gain confidence. but they have to gauge it so they keep going until they see bad effects. this is the jerk part, then they calm down and get nicer than they have to, and slowly work their way back up to the "ideal" ****iness.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by g f l a s h 4 0 0 1
Becoming a jerk is a pitfall because you won't really be happy being a jerk. Myself, I ended up losing respect for every girl that was attracted to me. And, if you ever want a relationship, it will be very hard for you.

g f l a s h
Being a jerk is only a pitfall if you remain that way :)