Being in 'the mood' to talk to people...

n52

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone experienced this? I wouldn't say I have a problem with talking to people. I can talk and have a conversation fine... I just find 90% of the working week (at work) I really can not be bothered to talk to anyone I just have no interest in it..? This is for both males/females. At the weekend its fine I'm all dandy I'll talk to anyone/everyone....

I feel I should at least pretend I'm interested, with advice on here pointing to the fact you should speak to as many people as possible on a regular basis to make sure you become natural at doing it (especially for when you NEED to). Or is the key to 'seem interested'.

Jack89

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't feel like talking to people don't it's simple as that. Just like when your not hungry, you wouldn't force yourself to eat. Based on your description yours serious at work and relaxed on weekends and that's completely fine.

A lot of people have natural or alpha misconstrued. Being natural with women does not mean to go against your emotions and interest and forcing yourself to do something your not in the mood to do. I can't even give you a definition of natural because every person can be a natural in their own way or style, it's different for everybody else. But please do not force yourself to do something your not in the mood to do just for the sake of women because that will just make you a slave.

In short do whatever you want when you feel like it...in regards to women.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I always feel bad when people are friendly to me but I'm cold or short with them because I don't feel like talking and/or am busy. I don't always realize I was short with them until after it happens.

I hate to snub people who are kind and friendly to me, but sometimes it happens unintentionally.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate when I feel like going out, but am not in the mood to talk, for the reason that people will ask why are you so quiet today. I just want to relax, distract my mind and let things play out around me

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
last time I hit the club some guy starting yapping my ear off, I just asked him for a beer and left him alone..... kinda cold-hearted lol, but I was out of money and I was looking for poon

n52

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack89 said:
If you don't feel like talking to people don't it's simple as that. Just like when your not hungry, you wouldn't force yourself to eat. Based on your description yours serious at work and relaxed on weekends and that's completely fine.

A lot of people have natural or alpha misconstrued. Being natural with women does not mean to go against your emotions and interest and forcing yourself to do something your not in the mood to do. I can't even give you a definition of natural because every person can be a natural in their own way or style, it's different for everybody else. But please do not force yourself to do something your not in the mood to do just for the sake of women because that will just make you a slave.

In short do whatever you want when you feel like it...in regards to women.

Interesting post, will try repping

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n52 said:
Anyone experienced this? I wouldn't say I have a problem with talking to people. I can talk and have a conversation fine... I just find 90% of the working week (at work) I really can not be bothered to talk to anyone I just have no interest in it..? This is for both males/females. At the weekend its fine I'm all dandy I'll talk to anyone/everyone....

I feel I should at least pretend I'm interested, with advice on here pointing to the fact you should speak to as many people as possible on a regular basis to make sure you become natural at doing it (especially for when you NEED to). Or is the key to 'seem interested'.
You are not alone dude, sounds like you are an introvert or you could be an extrovert? I am the same way, I could careless about water cooler talk @ work. Unless it is something I am really interested in. I myself lean a little more towards being an introvert, give me a beer or 2 and the extroverted side comes out.

HundredDollars

Reaction score
It's all good dudes. I was like that for a long time.

Now, I have a choice. And you do too (it's actually a good thing having two levels of talkativity.)

Now you get to pick which one you use where. ..(and invent new levels maybe?) Don't label yourself one or the other. Label yourself "dynamic" or "flexible" or "vibrant communicator" because it feels better and its more useful.

Upgrade. Upgrade. Upgrade.