being funny

mcmellow

Reaction score
I have a problem with gettin girls interested in me.... mostly i think because i cant get them to laugh. I think I have a good sense of humor, but cant seem to get into those light, fun conversations with them. Another thing is i have a really funny friend, so even if i do crack a good joke, he kinda overshadows me. Girls wont get with a borin guy, and i think thats how im interpreted. What should i do?

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRACTICE!!

try to make ur friends laugh but dont over do it
... and stay calm while ur at it

try adding a lil flirting in it too when u do it with girls

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the main thing about comedy. You can't laugh yourself, because then it seems as you're trying to be funny, which isn't funny. As with all aspects of dating, if it seems you're trying to be something you're not, then it won't work.
I used to be funny as hell, then I moved, and lost my edge because of a summer of isolation.
But I am getting it back, through practice.
Just work on it, but don't lose yourself.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look up ****y & Funny

DJ Bible explains on how to be funny. Look it up there.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start living a fun lifestyle

Start living a fun lifestyle. Ask yourself man, am I have fun with my life? Am I living an inspired life and doing the things I love? Am I hanging out with positive and cool people? If your living the life, you shouldn't have any problems being funny, it's all natural.

You don't want to a clown either, a clown tries to be funny to get people's approval. The cool guy is just letting it flow, he's relax and can get into serious conversations and at the same time, crack some jokes once in a while.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Start living a fun lifestyle

Originally posted by Roly
You don't want to a clown either, a clown tries to be funny to get people's approval. The cool guy is just letting it flow, he's relax and can get into serious conversations and at the same time, crack some jokes once in a while.

I know this one guy who is the coolest person I've ever met and whom everybody talks about... well, he's a total clown, but he has this aura, like he's not doing it to get people's approval. That is good, if you have a clownish personality, since you should really not change yourself.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being "funny" comes naturally. It's not necessarily something that you can learn...that is, you can't be original if you have to "learn" to be funny.

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a difference between:

Good Sense of Humor and Funny

Good Sense of Humor: Being able to laugh at everything and get jokes.

Funny: Creating jokes that everyone likes.

Which one are you?

raspliffarian

Don Juan
Reaction score
i try to entertain myself primarily

saying stuff to get reactions usually gets laughs

observing things... even if i dont say it out loud sometimes i'll laugh at my random thoughts

being funny is like 70% timing and 30% delivery