#$%^&*$ Beeping Fax Calls waking me up!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Oh my GOD! I am so freaking sick and tired of being woken up from a sound sleep by a ringing phone and pick it up to hear "beeeeeeeeeeep"! Of course the number comes up as anonymous on the caller ID so I can't report the people who keep doing this. This happens several times a week, usually in the middle of the night. I know it's a junk fax call that is trying to spam fax machines all over the free world...but I don't have a freaking fax machine hooked up.

If anyone has successfully stopped these dumb a$$ fax calls...please tell me what you did to make them stop. They're driving me up the wall.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anonymous call rejection. You dial *84 on your phone to activate it. Call your local phone service provider if you can't activate it.

Most carriers provide anonymous call rejection at no extra charge.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol that happened to my once. my number was one digit different from a firms fax machine no (my no 1234, fax no 1235), so I would get calls 24/7, and when i answered them i would get all these weird beepng tones. I just let the phone off the hook until I got my no changed.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paradox
Anonymous call rejection. You dial *84 on your phone to activate it. Call your local phone service provider if you can't activate it.

Most carriers provide anonymous call rejection at no extra charge.
thats not that smart, like ie I know a lot of people that have anonymous call thing. It would suck if some chick (guy in Ws case) called and got rejected by the phone.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
thats not that smart, like ie I know a lot of people that have anonymous call thing. It would suck if some chick (guy in Ws case) called and got rejected by the phone.

If the caller has their call ID recognition blocked then they have to dial *82 to get thru.

Most fax spammers don't use *82 so Wyld would not get those fax spam calls.

If a chick called me and didn't want their number revealed then I would want to deal with them anyway. LOL

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes they aren't anonymous, though. I got one yesterday from an 866 number.

And I can't block anon calls because there are several people who call that I want to talk to who has private numbers.

Black Panther®

Don Juan
Reaction score
talking about blocking numbers, is there anyway that you can block a regular number from calling your cellphone?

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black Panther®
talking about blocking numbers, is there anyway that you can block a regular number from calling your cellphone?

I have a feature on my cell ph called call filter. I can block anyone who is not on my phonelist.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't there a thing in america where you register your number in a don't-call-me thing and then those companies, well, don't call you.
Or you could do it the caveman way and put your phone ringing volume to zero when you go to sleep.

Black Panther®

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Panda 2000
Or you could do it the caveman way and put your phone ringing volume to zero when you go to sleep.
Thats exacly what i do for my house phone, not my cellphone though.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Panda 2000
Isn't there a thing in america where you register your number in a don't-call-me thing and then those companies, well, don't call you.
The "don't call list" only works when you know who's calling you and you talk to an actual person and tell them to add you to their "don't call list". Fax spam calls are illegal anyhow, and any calls before 8 am and after 9pm are illegal too. These calls come in the middle of the night. The numbers are usually private or anonymous so there isn't a way to confront them to tell them to leave you alone.

I can't turn my ringer off at night when I sleep because my best friend often calls me in the middle of the night. I want to get those calls, even if they wake me up. He lives in a time zone 3 hours earlier than mine so when he calls me at 11pm his time it's 2am here. I don't want to miss those calls. Is there some kind of special device you can hook up your phone to automatically disconnect the calls that come from computer or fax dialers?

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Is there some kind of special device you can hook up your phone to automatically disconnect the calls that come from computer or fax dialers?
There is something called a TeleZapper. What it does is when you pick up the phone the TeleZapper will delete your # from the computer that is dialing your house so they won't call again. I'm not sure if it will work for your situation or not, but it's worth a try. A TeleZapper should be maybe $10 max at RadioShack.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by GlutusMaximus86
There is something called a TeleZapper. What it does is when you pick up the phone the TeleZapper will delete your # from the computer that is dialing your house so they won't call again. I'm not sure if it will work for your situation or not, but it's worth a try. A TeleZapper should be maybe $10 max at RadioShack.
Thanks...I'll look into it. I hope it will work on these stupid spam fax calls. They are annoying as hell.