Be "GQ"

Framboise

Banned
Reaction score
In a world of boys with surfboards on their shirts, a
man with some ****in style is king. guys who know how to dress are the ones ****ing dimes.

when you start to buy nice clothes, you start to feel different. you stop thinking there are girls that are too good for you. its a good feeling. start to work on your wardrobe buy 1 peice of nice clothing per paycheck while you work at your ****ty job now and keep trying to advance jobs (women love ambition) and always remember you are the ****.

www.GQ.com

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GQ clothes are all homo model looking style..I would wear like 2-3 shirts in the entire catalogue..

But I do personally feel 100% whenever I get a new outfit..it even boosts your self esteem when you go out..

but is it the MAN that make the clothes, or the clothes that make you a MAN?

eroq

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is the Man that makes the clothes, although sometimes the clothes help shape the Man.

Case in point: When I was strolling through the mall a few weeks ago doing boot camp exercises, I went into an A&F store and noticed that their latest fashion fad was military-style cargo pants, pre-aged and expensive. Walking around the mall, I noticed a fair number of guys wearing this type of cargo pants, and most of them looked like preppy boys wearing worn-out army fatigues with hawaiian shirts. Then, along come a couple of guys who look like ex-marines, with the same aging cargo/ hawaiian shirt combo, and they looked good.
The best part was watching when the marines would walk by a group of preppy guys, and all of the preps would literally hunch over in submission until the marines walked past.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heh kinda like when you first try on some of your mom's panty hose..& High heels..and she walked in and busts you?? and you just hang your head in shame?

WHAT!?

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of you guys are kinda young. If you ever get teh chance buy a really nice suit, matching shirt, tie and nice shoes. FOr the stylistically challenged asked the sales person/tailor what to buy. Wear that suit around for one day and see the response you get. I guarantee that women respond way more to the suit, than anything else in your closet. I can get laid in anything I wear, including the sleevless t shirts I wear when I work out. The suits are without question the best tail getting outfits

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that guys nowadays seem to think that Abercrombie, FUBU, American Eagle, Roca Wear, etc are "fashionable". No girl is impressed by your pants hanging off your butt. Go to Dolce & Gabanna, Helmut Lang, Diesel, Hugo Boss, etc, and watch the girls that begin to approach you. It's well worth the money to TRULY be stylish.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Latte
The problem is that guys nowadays seem to think that Abercrombie, FUBU, American Eagle, Roca Wear, etc are "fashionable". No girl is impressed by your pants hanging off your butt. Go to Dolce & Gabanna, Helmut Lang, Diesel, Hugo Boss, etc, and watch the girls that begin to approach you. It's well worth the money to TRULY be stylish.
No one sags anymore, lol...As far as clothes, Structure/Express is up there...I mess with them and Armani Exchange...D&G is nice, but too expensive, and Diesel isnt all that great for the price...But most of all, look how the clothes fit you...

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't seriously tell me that Roc-A-Wear clothes don't attract women... it's all about an overall image

I've been in clubs with Roc-A-Wear clothing on, not so much the whole FUBU thing... but throwback jerseys and South Pole stuff, and I've been out in the day with 'em and I get so many looks off females... and have hooked up with numerous of them, simply by being there for a fair time, steppin' out then watchin how their reaction changes like "I can't believe he's walkin off"... so I head back and pick up a number before settin up somethin for later on

True, a bunch of guys I know wouldn't look good in Roc-A-Wear, but I throw on a platinum chain and cross, diamond earrings, pair of sunglasses and it's incredible...

The suits thing, I think is a cop out... any guy can go to a shop, ask a tailor which suit hangs right, then wear it all the time... it's not your own image, it's just the conventional and conservative, you should express your own personality in your clothing... for me a suit doesn't let you do that

As for GQ clothing, it has it's uses... when I want to relax I'll throw on somethin looser, say a sleeveless top and some loose cargo pants for example... but if I want to be lookin' proper, or it suits the crowd, then I will break out somethin' that is GQ lookin'

The most important thing is havin' the image(s) that you want to achieve clearly defined in your head... there will be some trial and error involved as some may not work as well as planned, e.g. if I see a tall slim guy, clean shaven, with blonde streaks in his hair and bootcut jeans on, in most occasions he's lookin gay to me... whereas if a guy with some build, stubble etc has the same clothes on and blonde in his hair, I might think he's posin', but I won't think he's gay...

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what type of clothe you buy, certain chicks, like certain types of clothing on guys. If a chick has the same taste as you, you'll get along better than if she didn't.

Too, clothes do not make the man. Ever see a big fat chick in really nice clothes? Same goes for guys. Got to have a neat appearance and work out. If you have a nice body, rags are gonna look good on you...

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the real point is if you have the money!!

ah im broke

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my old roommates had good luck with the suit wearing. If he went awhile without getting laid he would throw on a suit and go out to the clubs- where he would probably be the only guy in a suit. He got a pretty cute bartender at one of the local clubs that way.

Another thing he would do is throw on the suit and go to strip clubs. He had a nice car and we had a nice pad, that with the suit and the girls probably thought he had a lot of money. When he did the strip club thing, within a week or two we had one of the strippers living with us (she was very hot, although a little bit of a headcase- aren't they all). He never got anything lasting out of it but did get to lay a few HB's.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think you look like a poser if you are the only guy in a night club in a suit. However, i prefer to be the best dressed guy in the spot. I dont always rock a suit, but I like to wear a nice pair of pants, casual shirt and decent shoes.

The point on suits is try it out. If you dont want to wear one then don't. If you wear one, unless you are just butt ugly you will notice people (guys too, not necessarily in a gay way) checking you out a lot more. I get a lot more compliments when I wear a suit.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys always wear a tie with the suit? Do you ever go with the slob suit look?

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It ain't Miami Vice and the 80's no more. If you're wearing a suit, not just a sports coat, you should be wearing a tie.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by htemorp
It ain't Miami Vice and the 80's no more. If you're wearing a suit, not just a sports coat, you should be wearing a tie.
Since this thread is about GQ, check out some of the latest issues including the 8 pages of white in the latest one, many in there are not wearing ties.

Mizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just like ZZ top said, "every girl is crazy about a sharp dressed man."

Roc-a-wear and all that is cool but you are limiting yourself to a particular group who will be attractive to you in your hip hop get -ups. On the other hand, if you wear some sharp slacks, nice shirt, and drop dead-no holds barred-cream of the crop shoes; you will get attention from all groups (women love sharp shoes like soap opera drama and I don't ever forget it.)

I personally like to switch up styles between dates just to keep em guessing but I will by far and large go more with some sharp casual wear. I love to see a woman look me down from head to toe when I approach them. It gives me the feeling that I have the door open.

Mizer

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a tie isnt a necessity, but you need to have on an approprite shirt. If you go w/o a tie, imho you should not have on a button down shirt.

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this was referring to wearing suits. I guess my reply was in reference to business environments, if you're wearing a suit, you wear a tie. But in social situation, I think when you said suit, you meant sports coat and a pair of slacks. But I don't read GQ, but I know what's approriate and I rather not venture around when it's down to business.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really have a dress code at work but for the times when I may go out somewhere I can see myself every now and then putting on a suit and no tie. In fact I looked for a white one or a very light one for the summer and had a hard time finding one.

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, sports coat and slacks is not a damn suit...I give up. I think your definition of suit is far fetch for me.