Bartending Game Tips

jeff_reigert

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a college senior and a bartender at a pub near our campus.

Does anyone have any tips or specific techniques found to be successful for people in positions like mine?

:rockon:

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend bar.

There is only one trick that helped me:

read the DJ Bible.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
What do you take home as the bartender? I'm curious.. I got my bartender's diploma several years ago (never used it) but my smart serve has since run out. What's a typical night gross?
It depends on the venue. "Local" joints don't see the same cash that "Party" destinations do; country clubs are different from restaurants...

It's SoooOOOoooo subjective: depending on the shift (day/night), night of the week, crowd, current events, jackasses that you have to work with/split with... around here, you can make $20-$200 a night, and there is really little you can do to influence it. Myself, I usually average $80 a night, but I don't exactly work at a high profile place.

Location is huge! Game days at a place across from a stadium? And your team won? Psshhhfff...
Vegas?

:rolleyes:

It's a decent part-time job if you want to dabble. But, in order to make the fat bank, you're are going to have to put in serious work and time before you'll land any six-figure gig.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY ITS ABOUT THE HONEY.

BARTENDERS are chic magnets if you know how to work the crowd