"Backup Guy"

yngad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the last couple months i've realized i've become the "back up" guy for a couple girls and am starting to get fed up to the point i don't want to respond to their texts.

Girl A, friends from a while back we were really close but drifted apart. When she's not dating anyone she'll want to hang out and stuff but like clockwork when she finds a new guy - instant MIA. Earlier today she text me to see if I wanted to go to the book store (we used to do that a lot when we met years back) - how should i handle?

Girl B, met a few months back - will come over hang out on my bed or sits on the sofa super close but when i try and make a move she turns away. constantly txting during the day about bs stuff.

just getting fed up with it. what do you guys think?

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are just friends with them, then I wouldn't do anything. If your girlfriend was doing this to you then I would drop her. Sounds like they aren't interested in you romantically, so I would just let them do their thing. Even though it's difficult not to feel resentment and bitterness over things like that, they aren't attractive traits and won't help you get with either of them.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're in the friend zone. And it sounds like you aren't getting out. You should either forget about these chicks, or do what I do and use them for social proof when you're out at bars/night clubs.

When I go bar-hopping with girls I'm friends with, it makes other girls feel more comfortable approaching me.

It doesn't sound like these 2 girls are romantic prospects, so I don't know why you're worried about it. Use them or drop them. You'll be fine.

jnice48146

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ bump. Social proof is all these girl "friends" ( and that's ALL they are) are gonna be good for, unless you actuallly LIKE to talk about soaps, their boyfriends/ romantic prospects, what color to dye their hair, etc.