Awkward Silences

Adrian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do awkward silences mean to most of you guys? It's defenitely not a good thing but can it indicate a drop of interest on the womans part?

silkkster

Don Juan
Reaction score
if your doing the right things there shouldnt be all that many of them....just try to keep the convo flowing in her direction (topics about her, or topics that relate to her)..

mogness

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, an awkward silence to me is a good indicator, as long as I'm not feeling nervous when it comes up. If she can't think of what to say then she may just be nervous. Regardless of what's common thought, girls can get just as nervous as guys. Don't sweat it. Use a little ****y/Funny at any opportunity like this. Rag on her some. "There's no need to be nervous, it's just me". Throw in a ****y grin. Use a tone that's insinuating that girls get nervous all the time around you. But keep it jokingly... light. Keep her guessing. If she laughs and plays along you've got opportunity to break into relationship-type topics. Anyway, that's just how I'd handle an awkward silence. It won't work for everyone. Good luck. Maybe throw me some more details about your situation and I can help you out better.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What helped me is this exercise.

Sit down in front of the comp, open notepad, and start typing. Anything and everything that comes to mind. This teaches you to be more in touch with the thoughts flowing just below the radar through your mind all day. They are always there, but you never really pay attention to them. Also, it teaches you to be spontaneous.

Now re-read what you typed. Every phrase is a potential topic for conversation. Furthermore, if you are like me, all are somehow connected, the previous leading to the next.

This worked for me. Hope it helps you too :)

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Silences are 2 fold:

1. It could mean you a dumb **** that cant think of anything to speak about = BAD

2. It could mean its time to KISS her.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You deffintly dont want awkward silences, but just plain comfortable silences arent bad. if yall been talking for a while and you need a rest from talking or whatever just be comfortable with it, dont make it akward. Like in pulp fiction when mia said that theres no reason to fill every second of the convo with worthless talk.

But then again a girl will find something to talk about, its just a matter of you asking her something and letting her talk.

nw1512

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let her fill in the gaps in conversation.

If your congruent in being comfortable will the silence she will bring up something to say.

If you act all nervious and make a big deal about it then your making it a problem which it isnt

If your only recently been seeing each other, you guys just having found your "conversational groove" yet where it just flows and is not forced.

SheepSter

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is so funny, there are no such things as awkward silences. There are silences. It is YOU that can make them awkward. If there is a silence in the convo. USE IT to your advantage. Meaning kino, deep eye contact, smiling, kissing (props Don_Joffe).

And please how in the world can someone not have a topic. Use your imagination. Look around you. Let's say your in a club. Talk about the music, the people, drinks, getting drunk (fun stories here), parties you've been, HOLIDAY ----> this topic rocks cause it flows into so many other topics like meeting new people, swimming in the sea, spotting jellyfishes, peanutbutter. Get it. Talking is cheap and it's not what you say but how you say it. I've learned that it's best to kiss a girl as soon as possible (just on the cheek for now), then go into rapport for like 5-10 minutes and really kiss her.

So greet her then kiss her on the cheek like you know her, then start talking pulling her away from her friends and kiss her. Is it that simple? Yeah it is. Sexual state, I repeat, Sexual State. You see in Sexual State you can talk about how you make your breakfast and make her hot for you.....and then I put the milk in the glas (while rubbing her back lightly).

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
While kissing each other's cheeks in Europe is more of the norm, but I haven't seen many guys doing it here in the US. Maybe that's a good thing to start doing.. something that sets you apart from other guys and a sheer show of confidence. But I'm thinking others might find it uncomfortable or weird since nobody does it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Conversation stops every 7 mins or so. You have to be prepared for some down time every now and again.

Damn I must be an alchy cause the only situation I can think of is in a bar. When you're sitting with your lady and you both stop talking for a second it's okay to look around and check for friends, the crowd, and for other things to start conversation with. Maybe one of these things in your surrounding envirioment will get your puny little brain jump started.

If you're alone then you should probably be trying to at least get some parts of you touching her. Then what you do from there is up to you.

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Adrian
What do awkward silences mean to most of you guys? It's defenitely not a good thing but can it indicate a drop of interest on the womans part?

Wel like someone said in one of those posts,it could mean that she's trying to figure out something interesting to say as well. But on the topic of conservations- I think the most effective way keep convo going is to pretend that she's your best pal (of course try to establish some kino though) and go from there.

Seize the DAy!

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by SheepSter
This is so funny, there are no such things as awkward silences. There are silences. It is YOU that can make them awkward. If there is a silence in the convo. USE IT to your advantage. Meaning kino, deep eye contact, smiling, kissing (props Don_Joffe).
Exactly, the need to talk every single second shows fear, and is for losers.

When I was with my concubine yesturday at the bar, we had silence over and over again, but the thing was I orchastrated it. I would just stare in her eyes, and smile, and it would always end with her walking over to me and deep heavy kissing. At the end of one of them she simply said (I cant stop looking at you when I'm around you), and "IT's funny of all the people I've ever met (she's 32), I have never met anyone like you. You just seem to know how I feel".

I love the moments of silence, because unlike many people Im very comfortable in my skin, so when Im staring deep into her eyes I know a million and one thoughts are racing through her head. I always try to keep femals off balence, and this is a beautiful way to do it.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Royal Elite
I love the moments of silence, because unlike many people Im very comfortable in my skin, so when Im staring deep into her eyes I know a million and one thoughts are racing through her head. I always try to keep femals off balence, and this is a beautiful way to do it.
Yea excatly. I was sitting across this pretty hot big titted girl the other day, and we talked and all but then the silences came and i used them to my advantage of course. I would just look in her eyes, and shed like blush or something, it was funny. and it also looked like she was having fun cause she was smiling and trying to get something on under the table :confused:. Also when a girl is putting questions forth to you and making conversation, well id say thats a pretty good sign. Means shes interested in you.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
During awkward silences say "Shhhhhhhh I am listening to the voices in my head" :D

I nicked this line from someone else on the forum

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you've truly connected with a girl, there are no awkward silences.
There are only moments when you're not talking :).

Think about this, very very deeply.

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start negging her about not being a good enough conversationalist. (Basically, blame HER for the awkward silence).

Also, juggler says that before she has rappot with you, you have to do 90% of the talking. Once she's interested she'll do her fair share, possibly even drowning you out.

So don't approach her with questions, approach with statements and a conversation you can hold on your end, ALMOST without her.

Last edited: