Awesome Shy Girl

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in high school; I have friends, but not a cohesive group.

So, I have four classes per day, this girl is in the second and third. In the second, my seat faces her's across a large gap in seats. I've always been attracted to her, and lately I've noticed a lot of the tell tale signs. She plays with her hair, stares at me and when I talk to her she seems sort of abashed. Plus, one of her friends asked me what kind of music I liked, for absolutely no reason as far as I can see.

Recently however, I tried some conservative flirting. I would look at her, and when she noticed me I would avert my look.

Anyhow, a little while after that, I noticed that she had almost stopped looking at me. I've still noticed sometimes that she will twirl her hair as she stares at me, but I only noticed that once.

I'm wondering, is she still interested but she's just shy, or has she lost interest.

Any answers from women would be much appreciated, but a male perspective wouldn't be amiss either.

Thanks.

PS. I'm looking for a long term relationship here, not the sex. I could care less about sex.

Also, I've been acting nice, and I think she's been liking it. So don't tell me to change into a super stud overnight; it's not going to happen.

assassin

Don Juan
Reaction score
you made a mistake there bro, when shes looking at you, stare back. when you look away it shows her that shes dominant she has she can automatically tell what kind of person you are. if she stares again smile at her and see what happens. also your taking too long to approach her man. shes probably losing interest or thinking your not interested every day you don't make your intentions know. go flirt with her directly man, just go for it. shes given you tons of signs. if you don't make your move soon she'll lose interest fast.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm double posting and I don't care.

Ok, I think I just figured out why she lost interest. There was one site that told me that biting my lips was a good method of flirting. So the next day, I try it.

The day after that, she seems to lose interest.

The next day, I bite my lip in the mirror to see how it looks. It looks like crap.

So, I'm thinking about waiting a little while doing some long distance flirting w/o the stupid lip bite.

Or should I just go for a close up flirt right now, even though I think I should build up he attraction to me again.

Comments? Questions?

Osiris7250

Don Juan
Reaction score
ooh man, i hate posts like these.

1. READ THE BIBLE!!!!
2. DONT BE A NICE GUY.... YOU'LL NEVER GET HER IF YOU DO!
3. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, ASK FOR A CHICK TO ANSWER YOUR POST IN THIS FORM!!!!
4. DONT WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF, SHE SHOULD BE WORRYING NOT YOU.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
My God, calm yourself you little lesbian monkey *****.

DONT BE A NICE GUY.... YOU'LL NEVER GET HER IF YOU DO!
Apparently, she likes nice guys.

Plus, most of the bible is tips on how to get some tail. I'm not looking for tail, I'm looking for a girlfriend.

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Plus, most of the bible is tips on how to get some tail. I'm not looking for tail, I'm looking for a girlfriend.
Read the posts that would apply to you. There's a lot of good info on basic flirting and conversation that isn't completely focused on getting a one night stand.

Also, why do you deny the sexual aspect behind this? You're clearly interested in this girl, so you must feel some kind of sexual attraction. If you repress that and remove any sexuality from your interactions with her, the best you can expect is to get a new friend instead of a girlfriend. If you can't embrace your sexuality you will come off as androgynous, which is not exactly attractive.

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mediocre
My God, calm yourself you little lesbian monkey *****.

Apparently, she likes nice guys.

First thing: Little lesbian monkey is a childish comeback to somebody who is obviously annoyed at your AFCness.

Second thing: She may seem to like nice guys, but being nice doesn't mean being a shy guy who trys "long distance flirting" as you call it. She still wants a confident guy, no matter what type shes into. By not approaching her you are showing no confidence. By averting your gaze, you are showing no confidence. Just suck it up and talk to her. The more confident you are the more interest she will show. Don't "build up the interest again" by trying that LD flirting. It won't work.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
First thing: Little lesbian monkey is a childish comeback to somebody who is obviously annoyed at your AFCness.
Yes, I agree. Fortunately for me, it was a joke, not a comeback.

Just suck it up and talk to her. The more confident you are the more interest she will show. Don't "build up the interest again" by trying that LD flirting. It won't work.
Hmm...

It would be oh so much easier if I had some friends in either of those classes.

But yeah, I guess you're right.

Also, why do you deny the sexual aspect behind this? You're clearly interested in this girl, so you must feel some kind of sexual attraction.
Hot balls of ****!

I'm not under the illusion that I'm some sort of celibate.

All I'm saying is that I'm not going to try to force sex on her. That's it. Don't read any further into it than that.

Read the posts that would apply to you. There's a lot of good info on basic flirting and conversation that isn't completely focused on getting a one night stand.
Mmm...

Yeah, I've read about half of those. They're good.

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've got to compliment you this time. I saw that you replied to this post and expected to be flamed because there might have been some not-so-polite material in my response, but you took it in stride.

About the friends, a true DJ doesn't need them to get what he wants. Just start talking to her. Make friends with her friends. Things will begin to unfold a little easier for you after that.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think shy girls tend to be more attracted to nicer-guys (i don't mean AFC's by that, just not players).

Walk with her out of class and ask her if she wants to go get a cup of cofee (or something like that) with you. It required almost no committment on her part and she will most-likely accept.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I've got to compliment you this time. I saw that you replied to this post and expected to be flamed because there might have been some not-so-polite material in my response, but you took it in stride.
I don't have the same horrible lack of self-confidence on the internet that I have in real life.

Make friends with her friends.
That will be difficult.

I mean, at least she likes me. I'm not sure about her friends.

So, how do I manage to get friendly with her friends? Any good articles?

I think shy girls tend to be more attracted to nicer-guys (i don't mean AFC's by that, just not players).
AFCs = ???

I need to know this sort of thing.

The coffee thing... I've got to work up to it a little first. Talk to her a little. You know, chat 'er up.

EDIT: If I can manage to get her AIM SN, should I try to do something with it? Not ask her out on it, just for talking to her.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mediocre
The coffee thing... I've got to work up to it a little first. Talk to her a little. You know, chat 'er up.

EDIT: If I can manage to get her AIM SN, should I try to do something with it? Not ask her out on it, just for talking to her.

don't try to get her bloody AIM. ask her out to get to know her better... the less time you spend talking before the date, the less time she actually has to convince herself with 101 reasons why not to go out with you.

read this silly idea off somehwere... but i thought it was pretty alright to use.. girls find it very innocent and reminds them of that little cute boy they had in class when they were little girls

you have class with her eh? tear a piece of paper from your notebook... say" hey _______ , wanna have a coffee with me after school?" and put yes or no for her to circle

sounds stupid. but it works. remember that little girl in class you had the hots for when you were a little boy and you wanted so badly for her to be your girlfriend and you'd write her silly notes in class? i've only gotten positive responses from this... so its personally tried and tested... don't flame me.. .try it first.and hell, if she's a shy girl.. this will go down even better with her..

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Following the advice given here will give you the power to do what you wish with it? If you want a relationship. You can use it to get relationships. If you want a ONS you can use it to get a ONS.

Follow the advice given here.
Trust me.

assassin

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man,

don't mean to be harsh but move on, you've taken to long. you really need to read the dj bible. it's not all about getting ass. you learn what women look for in a MAN not a boy who's afraid to make friends with her friends and all that ****. as for a chick that likes "nice guys" .. It won't last more than 2 weeks

Osiris7250

Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess im too much off a

little lesbian monkey
for you to take my advice (even though 99% of the people in here will back me up on it).... but ultimatly your too much of an AFC to listin to a DJ and use it....

incase you do decide to listen to me, remember this saying "nice guys finish last". and seeing your the "nice guy," well sorry bud but you just lost the race.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
incase you do decide to listen to me, remember this saying "nice guys finish last". and seeing your the "nice guy," well sorry bud but you just lost the race.
as for a chick that likes "nice guys" .. It won't last more than 2 weeks
I'm sorry, but you're entirely wrong.

I know at least three couples that are nice guy/nice girl, and they act like it, and they've been together for years.

On average, it may be true that girls won't stay with nice guys for long. I'm not going to argue that. But there are exceptions. I know that there's no guarantee that this will be one of them, but I'd rather be dumped by a girl who wants me to be a "man" than have a girlfriend for years that I'm going to have to be fake when she's around.

Getting some ass may be about acting like someone you're not.

Having a girlfriend is about a relationship between you and a girl, not between a girl and some artificial personality you've developed.

On another note:

Osiris, I don't like you. It's not because of your advice. You were trying to help me there. It's because of the way you said it. I jokingly call you a lesbian monkey *****, and you suddenly become hostile. You try to make me look like a douche and yourself as a stud. Let me tell you that you didn't come off looking like a stud; you came off looking like a jackass. Moreover, even in your first post you were slightly hostile.

If you're not going to help in a way that is respectful and polite, I would like to ask you not to try to help at all.

I hope to see some more gracious posting from you in the future. I hope you prove me wrong about you. I wouldn't count on it, but please try to prove me wrong.

As for the rest of you, thank you. I appreciate the help.

About following the advice, I'm doing my best. I'm trying to be more confident around her. I'll read some of the articles here and see if they could help.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop regurgitating all of that sh1t you guys read about nice guys and eye contact.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shut the **** up you noobtards.

Mediocre

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are being very unhelpful.

Please stop.

Thank you both very much.

EDIT: Here, let me explain it to you this way.

If I have to act like someone I'm not in order to get a girl, it's not worth it to me. If there really is, as all of you seem to assume, no other way to get a girl, then I guess I'm screwed.

But I'd rather be screwed than be fake.