Asking her Out

Reaction score
Im not half bad with chatting, flirting, and asking her to go on a date with me, but the hardest part Ive found is asking her to be my girlfriend. When is the peak time to do this, before the kiss, just after fooling around with her, or sometime after? Let me no cuz this is an area where my I have no skills and it hurts. And in high school we all know that if you want to get the lay 99 times out of 100 you need to be going out with her, so lemme no whats worked for you.

DamHE

Don Juan
Reaction score
People don't usually ask them "do you want to be my girlfriend?" .. It just "happens".

foxintehsnow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actual i was about to make a post about this, theres this girl ive been out on 4 dates or so... and where dating but i would like to tell her that where a couple. she brought up the topic after the first date and im like yha little soon don't you think... i think might wanna wait till after awhile... just my opion.

EdHunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't see the point. I think that the whole "becoming a couple" thing is really conducive to oneitis (which is partly what f'd up my last relationship in the end---you start acting like you're married, and you might as well just hand them your scrotum right away---you've just shown your cards---ambiguity is key).
There are a few other reasons why I'd not really go for a formal "let's go out."
1. She might still be making up her mind about you, and you don't necessarily want to force the issue.
2. Plausible deniability---as long as you're not "officially" going out, then you can pursue other targets---and if she b*tches you out about it, you can say,
"Well, I didn't know we were supposed to be going out...do you want to be?" or something (maybe a little smoother than that).
3. There's no real gain from going exclusive---unless it's your first (as was my case), and you want to check that little box off your to-do list---but that's really a poor justification.
Just go with it.

Long Duck Dong

Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually, I let the girl ask me so I know her interest level is high and she means it. Sometimes girls say yes and don't mean it so you wouldn't want that to happen. Or if your confident enough that she likes you go ahead and ask her. If she says no.. Thats her loss. Move on.

saber101

Don Juan
Reaction score
you should work your way upto a point where it doesnt even need to be spoken, where she just knows shes ur girlfriend

D4rKn3sS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Previous experience has told me that about third date, and the whole holding-hands thing says that you are boyfriend-girlfriend. Besides what does the status actually mean? Something that you already know?

ascalon

Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time i asked a girl "would you be my girlfriend" was before 6 years (i am 17 now). As the others said it just happens.The kisses,the holding-hands,the smiles,looks and whispering in the ear are enough for everybody to think that i have special relationship with this girl.When the other people see it it's normal for her to see it too :)

Reaction score
The story goes I txt the girl and said that I wanted to ask hur sumthing in person. What I wanted to ask her was if she wanted to go on a real date, everytime we hung out one of her friends were there, so I wantd a 1on1. When I went on her lunch to talk to her, I guess she had the idea that I wanted her to b my gf. So I went with it thinkin, hey maybe she just wants to skip to that. But as we started talking she tells me that she isnt ready to go out with any1 yet, so yea bad idea to go with it. I think I might have jus scared her off thinkin I was wanting commitment right off the bat. Hell id be scared to. Im going to my buddies party and shes gunna be there, Im just tryin to figure out how I can fix this sh!t cuz Ive been workin 4 awhile on her.

Long Duck Dong

Don Juan
Reaction score
CalmCoolAndConfident said:
The story goes I txt the girl and said that I wanted to ask hur sumthing in person. What I wanted to ask her was if she wanted to go on a real date, everytime we hung out one of her friends were there, so I wantd a 1on1. When I went on her lunch to talk to her, I guess she had the idea that I wanted her to b my gf. So I went with it thinkin, hey maybe she just wants to skip to that. But as we started talking she tells me that she isnt ready to go out with any1 yet, so yea bad idea to go with it. I think I might have jus scared her off thinkin I was wanting commitment right off the bat. Hell id be scared to. Im going to my buddies party and shes gunna be there, Im just tryin to figure out how I can fix this sh!t cuz Ive been workin 4 awhile on her.
How long have you been seeing this girl? If you only known her for a little while then yes that might scare her off. If you have known her for awhile and she said; "I'm not ready to go out with anyone yet." Most likely she is not interested.