Asking a girl out 10 times = success?

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't a question about myself but a girl I know was asked out
around 10 times by a guy (to become gf). She kept on whining to another friend that he's short, not rich, etc but she caved in at the end.

She even went on a trip but wouldn't let him bang her so that friend and I were wondering whats going on.

So I'm wondering what all this means. This girl already has a bf and is cheating on him by taking this guy when bugged that much. Do you think this new guy can keep this relationship going?

I've always thought that once a girl shows no interest/ rejects you once/twice, its over. Yet this guy persisted and bugged her that much time.

My friend thinks that a girl needs to be pursued even if rejected.

I'm confused.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
2 strikes rule applies

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
runner83 said:
Exactly!!!!

Also, if she is using him simply for ego-boosting purposes AND HE HASN'T EVEN HAD SEX WITH HER, how does that count as success for the guy?
Well the info I have is a bit old as in she didn't let him have sex with her before they started dating last week. This was when she let him take her on a trip a few months ago. Now we heard some news that they're officially dating now.

So it makes me wonder if his persistence worked or whether this is just her stroking her ego.

By the way, what is the 2 strike rule? This guy is just being used?

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on whether they are having s*x now or not?

And is it worth it if he had to sacrifice dignity to get it?

The link to the 2 strikes rules is here:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154043

Obviously, the whole point of it is time management, to ensure that you don't waste your time on girls who aren't interested.

Whereas, if you are willing to focus on one girl despite apparent disinterest, occasionally it may work, as for your friend.

But I would say this is a 1 in 100 case.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
There are no 100 percent rules in this game.

Nobody is saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a girl after two strikes. It just means that generally, if you get two strikes, the probability of success with her is very, very low. Most of the time it isn't worth the effort to go beyond two strikes.

There are very rare cases where the girl is NOT physically attracted to the guy at all, but enjoys his attention and maybe over time develops feelings for him. She MIGHT eventually have sex with him in a relationship either just out of affection and/or to lure him into marriage because she didn't find anybody else. But if she doesn't lust for him early on, she probably NEVER will.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a couple in law school who had become a couple simply because the guy wouldn't go away. He followed her around constantly. They took all the same classes and sat next to each other in every one. People would joke about them having merged into one person. It took about two years before she finally acknowledged him on facebook as her boyfriend. Obviously, he was crazy over her, and she just eventually got used to him being around.

They got married after law school, and I catch glimpses of their life over facebook. It seems that all they do besides work is take shopping trips to various cities and vacation in romantic destinations...of her choosing, of course. I know the guy well enough to know that all he wants to do is stay home and watch football, but funnily enough, even with the salary of two attorneys, he only has a crappy old low-def tv. I also remember that she never liked television.

Although he got the girl, even an attractive one at that, I just can't see that guy as a success.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question that I would like to ask is DOES SHE RESPECT HIM?

That's the question I would like to ask any man that goes around stalking a woman till she caves in like if she was the only woman left in the world and it was in need of repopulation.

I just don't think a woman that you ask out 10 times has very much if any respect for you. She is likely to dump you at any time.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mustfirstregister said:
It all depends if you have a lot of time or not. You should persist and pursue her.
What makes her worthy of pursuing?

I think it call comes down to experience. When first starting out most guys will walk on burning coal just to get a kiss from a girl they like. They see her as the only girl in the world for them and are determined to wait as long as they can to get a chance with them. She is a "special one" for them.

Once a guy has had a few girlfriends and has been around the game he understands that very few women are worth going past the 2 strikes rule. You can easily meet new women everywhere and every day no need to wait around just for this "special one."

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats the extremes AFC game at its finest ha ha.

I think the women in those cases were not the catch themselves me thinks and they settled, but the boys were rather well-off even though they are AFC.

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting responses. I guess the general consensus is no, she will reduce that poor guy to a chump. My guess is when a better man appears, that guy risks being dumped. "shrug"

Yet, around me, I see guys who were rejected but the girls suddenly has a change of heart later and before you know it, they were married or dating.

I still believe in the aspect of being manly and having self respect but the results confound me..

Sure, nothing is 100%, yet, people around me seem to get girls through all these ways...

sigh

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
shiguldo said:
Hmm, interesting responses. I guess the general consensus is no, she will reduce that poor guy to a chump. My guess is when a better man appears, that guy risks being dumped. "shrug"

Yet, around me, I see guys who were rejected but the girls suddenly has a change of heart later and before you know it, they were married or dating.

I still believe in the aspect of being manly and having self respect but the results confound me..

Sure, nothing is 100%, yet, people around me seem to get girls through all these ways...

sigh
Maybe the men who were rejected did something i.e. hang around other women to make themselves more attractive, something had to have happened or changed for these men to suddenly become attractive and desirable

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with the people that say persistence is an AFC trait.

Persistence is the key to success. Obviously, the person the OP described isn't the ideal example but success is only achieved by people who fail over and over until they succeed.

There's a difference between being persistent and annoying. I personally don't have a problem going after a girl that keeps shying away from me. To me i find that more appealing. I will keep pursuing as long as there is opportunity and interest.

If i'm rejected and i know she isn't interested, i'm not going to pursue further unless another opportunity arises. But if the girl is interested and she doesn't reject but feigns being busy that's another story. Girls do that sh1t to see how interested the guy is and also if they are genuine.

The chase is also a lot more fun.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shiguldo said:
she let him take her on a trip a few months ago.
That sentence tells you all you need to know about the "relationship" dynamics.

shiguldo said:
This guy is just being used?