Asked someone out offline - first time in three years!!!

Reaction score
Congratulations to myself!

I asked out a girl at the office and she said yes.

First person asked out since June 2003 - OFFLINE.

Hooray! Now I have to follow up with it later. Also have another offline prospect from the same office.

Worried about dating office people though, unlike internet, if you really screw up, you have to see them again forever.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Good stuff! :up: Just don't tell your dad, or he might c0ckblock you again.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Wait a second, he just might....

Listen to Des, tell NOONE!

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job.

Man I am proud of you. I didn't expect you'd change so I gave up on you. But that's what it is all about, asking in real life.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Congratulations to myself!

I asked out a girl at the office and she said yes.

First person asked out since June 2003 - OFFLINE.

Hooray! Now I have to follow up with it later. Also have another offline prospect from the same office.

Worried about dating office people though, unlike internet, if you really screw up, you have to see them again forever.

So why are you dating people you work with? I happy it worked out for you, but you should really avoid talking to women you with. Things can go really bad.

Can you share the details of number close and how you got a date?

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
congraulations bro, whos the lucky guy?

Reaction score
congrats, how did it all go down?

Reaction score
More details...

Field report:

g: "I haven't seen you in the office in a long time, are you ok?"
ls: "I had to deal with some family issues, anyway, I'm starting back out now".
g: talk -- acting warm and affable.
ls: "Would you like to go out for coffee sometime?"
g: "Yes".
ls: "Great, I'll get back to you once I have my schedule sorted out, btw, can I have your cell number".
g: "I'm at the office most of the time."
ls: ok.
Good rapport taste when leaving.

Point is I asked someone out. Once I'm ready to pursue it, well, I guess I'll just pursue it, the next time I see her in the office.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
...Point is I asked someone out. Once I'm ready to pursue it, well, I guess I'll just pursue it, the next time I see her in the office.
Yeah, but why didn't you just ask her out for today or tomorrow? What's going to make you ready to pursue it?

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Yeah, but why didn't you just ask her out for today or tomorrow? What's going to make you ready to pursue it?
Once I start going to the office regularly, and start going from the morning to the evening, then I'd feel more comfortable about taking her someplace for lunch or out for coffee during the course of the day. If I'm at home and tending to my mom or doing something else then it sort of puts me off balance.

Anyway, I intend to pursue this, I didn't plan on asking her out, it just came out of my mouth and was actually surprized it even happened as I intended just to talk with her, not to ask her out, so I went further than I expected and am doing something totally out the box.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
...Anyway, I intend to pursue this, I didn't plan on asking her out, it just came out of my mouth and was actually surprized it even happened as I intended just to talk with her, not to ask her out, so I went further than I expected and am doing something totally out the box.
You should really consider running with things when you're on a natural roll. It's as is you are more comfortable when you aren't concerned with everything else that is going on in your life.

Reaction score
asked out 18 y/o secretary....

I tried chatting up the 18 y/o secretary, and it seemed that she liked to chat with me, so I asked her out, and said "would you like to go out sometime for coffee?"

She replied that she doesn't go into coffee shops but only hangs out with her friends inside cars.

I decided not to pursue to ask her if she wanted to hang out with me inside my car outside the coffee shop and got cold feet since, well she works at my office and she's 18 y/o and.....well.....I guess I'm not sure how I would proceed with that one.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think its wise to date women at work, it's probably not a good idea to ask more than one woman out at a time. Women talk.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Celadus said:
If you think its wise to date women at work, it's probably not a good idea to ask more than one woman out at a time. Women talk.
They'll still talk even if you ask them out one at a time. It can be a difficult thing to deal with if things don't work out with any one of them.