area codes - catching a cheater

dice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling that my gf is cheating on me. She left for spain for 2 weeks but when she called me the area code was in california. I checked w the operator there are no area codes with 213 in spain. Apparently if the called was from Spain it would come up with a bunch of weird #'s more than just the 10 digits that was shown on my caller id. My question is, is there any explainable scenario that would have the area code in california while she says shes in spain, like maybe shes using a calling card?

Also does anyone know the euro to dollar rate so i can question her and see if she knows.

Any other good Q & A's that would help me to catch her lieing would also be of great help.

I know i sound psycho but I want to catch this ***** with solid proof that shes lieing. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how about u ask her why she was calling you from California

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
tell her to take pictures!!! - nobody in their RIGHT MIND would go to spain and NOT take pics of themselves in Spain cuz its part of the tourist experience - if shes got pics of herself next to spanish monuments then she wasnt lying

by the way, she coulda called from someone's cell phone whos got an international plan, and if the cell was origniall bought in california, then the 213 area code will apply no matter where they call from!

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I find it a bit insane that she woud somehow end up in California if she said she was going to Spain! Its a bit of stretch.

trance_addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm, that is a bit strange, but yea, ask her some b/s questions about spain, you might be able to narrow it down, because it could very well be a connection service between spain and the US, and it just so happens to connect in cali, but I dont know much about international calls, so I can't say for sure.

But i would be a bit curious too, spain and cali aren't exactly "in the same neighborhood" haha

FaithHealer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been to spain before. If she comes back and doesn't have a lot to tell you about it, like the places she went to, the cultural differences between here and over there, etc. then she probably is lying. It is very different there the people are very laid back and some of the palaces and cathedrals are beautiful.

The women there are also very HOT. Sometimes I think I would like to live there.

AngelusPUA

Banned
Reaction score
Melbourne (Aus) Little Bahma (Bahamas) Marbella (S
My current GF is from Spain I met her when I went over there; ask what hotel she stayed in and about some of the land marks and post up her answers. I will let you know if they check out and USD/EUR is 0.7984 (it's my job to know that).

FaithHealer is definitely right if she was in Spain she will be able to tell you a lot about it just quiz her on what she saw. Don't make it sound like a Spanish inquisition (lol, get it?) make it sound casual like you are really interested in finding out about the trip.

Ask the name of the hotel if she can’t answer that she is probably lying, although some of them are hard to pronounce if you don't speak the language.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
dude make sure she shows u pictures of her in spain - thats 100% proof rite there

if she has no pics, she LIED

dont use the descriptions strategy, cuz she could research that shyt online and pretend to kno wats up if shes a good liar

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
dude make sure she shows u pictures of her in spain - thats 100% proof rite there

if she has no pics, she LIED

dont use the descriptions strategy, cuz she could research that shyt online and pretend to kno wats up if shes a good liar
A picture's worth a thousand words...unless it was edited with photo shop.

Yuriy777

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
A picture's worth a thousand words...unless it was edited with photo shop.
I doubt that a normal person is proficient enough in Photoshop to do a professional airbrushing job, and hiring a professional to do the job would be too expensive to be worthwhile.

OP:
…You could ask to see the stamp in her passport because you wonder what it looks like…
…Or something like that.

justsomeguy1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ask her straight up why the area code said california. Because even if she does come home with pictures from spain, it could be that she went to spain for a little while and then went to cali without telling you.

It could turn out that there is a logical explanation, but pay attention to her reaction when you ask her because if she gets nervous and starts stumbling over her words while she scrambles for an explanation then you will know that something isn't right here.

dice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I should have mentioned, this girl is a class A liar. She lies to everyone I see this. Although I am too which is why i think im so addicted to catching her. I didn't mention I received a drunken crank phone call 3 days after she "left" from a girl with a british accent sounded drunk as **** and just happens to sound like her. I guess it could be another girl, but it sounds so much like her its haunting. The number the call was made from was blocked and the number that was left in the prank call was to some microbiology center or some ****.

I'll ask her about the hotel and if she has pictures..

Sorry to bring this afc **** to the forum guys but there are just too many little coincidences like this in the past few months, but im trying to prove to myself that my gut is right and that I'm not paranoid and insecure. That's why I keep the game up. I want proof so I can leave the relationship with no regrets.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
shes a liar? then listen, **** her, if she ****s u good then just keep on ****in and DONT be serious, look for other girls

or

just dump her

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dice said:
I have a strong feeling that my gf is cheating on me. She left for spain for 2 weeks but when she called me the area code was in california. I checked w the operator there are no area codes with 213 in spain. Apparently if the called was from Spain it would come up with a bunch of weird #'s more than just the 10 digits that was shown on my caller id. My question is, is there any explainable scenario that would have the area code in california while she says shes in spain, like maybe shes using a calling card?

Also does anyone know the euro to dollar rate so i can question her and see if she knows.

Any other good Q & A's that would help me to catch her lieing would also be of great help.

I know i sound psycho but I want to catch this ***** with solid proof that shes lieing. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
I'm sure she will be bringing a LOT of pictures from the trip.

By the way...how old is she? How old are you?

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So...you are involved with a LIAR? And you are acting all concern, etc?

Dude...either dump her or keep her as a FWB (making sure you keep that clear).

Who wants a LIAR for a girlfriend?

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she was using a calling card it could be coming from California, but in any event I agree with the taking pictures idea.