Are sociopaths, ie "bad boys" really AFCs after all?

Reaction score
I was doing some internet research on the whole nice guys vs. bad boys thing and found a website about sociopaths and narcissists, and remember reading a thread here proclaiming sociopaths to be the ultimate Don Juan. However, reading the below descriptions of how these guys acted towards these women, some of their actions seemed very AFC to me. Some of them professed their love or even proposed marriage on the first few dates, etc.

http://thepsychopath.freeforums.org/what-red-flags-did-you-miss-t10765.html

How do these women tolerate these losers, but yet I can't even get laid?

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends. People aren't usually 100% AFC, or 100% DJ, or 100% bad. They usually have aspects of each.

Remember there's a difference between a jerk who makes the woman feel bad, then tells her that he loves her to keep her sticking around, and the kind of "bad boy" who just does whatever he wants, and if the woman sticks around, good for her.

If you've seen Rebel Without A Cause, James Dean's character is a good example. He's generally nice, but he doesn't let anyone even think about walking all over him.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think bad boy is a bad term for what you should be.

Real man is probably best. You don't have to go around showing off how "bad" you are. That works for some sad individuals but I can't see it working for a 39 year old virgin.

What you can do is be so into life (family, friends, hobbies, fun) that you naturally attract women that want to be a part of your life. Then you have the confidence and "badness" to come into a relationship on equal terms. Or just your terms.

trajhenkhet02

Don Juan
Reaction score
A "bad boy" cannot control who or what he lashes out at. This is why this person has a lot of legal and social disputes. It can get him a lot of girls, however he is not in control of himself. You don't have to be a bad boy to be a man. A real man will call out a "bad boy" on his own BS and not back down in the face of jack assery. As for myself I will try to be a bit more courageous in my dealings and not back down from arguments just for the sake of avoiding confrontation.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think anyone should be too concerned with sociopaths on a site like this.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
39year_old_virgin said:
They provide excitement, and are emotional roller coasters. Chicks are naturally addicted to it. They love having their emotions stirred around, good, and bad. Nice guys dont do that, thats why they dont get laid as much.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If one answer makes you feel better, take it and believe it.

When the need to get your ego stroked passes and you realize that it's only you who matters, stop giving a fvck. This kind of thinking is meaningless.

trv26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
39year_old_virgin said:
I was doing some internet research on the whole nice guys vs. bad boys thing and found a website about sociopaths and narcissists, and remember reading a thread here proclaiming sociopaths to be the ultimate Don Juan. However, reading the below descriptions of how these guys acted towards these women, some of their actions seemed very AFC to me. Some of them professed their love or even proposed marriage on the first few dates, etc.

http://thepsychopath.freeforums.org/what-red-flags-did-you-miss-t10765.html

Forget everything else. If they're getting laid atleast they aren't AFC.