Approaching Girls at Gym

jrodbendi

Don Juan
Reaction score
So where I work out, I often see girls come in and step onto one of the treadmills or eliptical striders (many with headphones). How do I open and attract these girls, who are usually occupied by both their cardio and music?

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jrodbendi said:
So where I work out, I often see girls come in and step onto one of the treadmills or eliptical striders (many with headphones). How do I open and attract these girls, who are usually occupied by both their cardio and music?
I tried that once. Read my FR Journal (sig). Learn from that.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to talk to people stuffed in headphones. I used to go to a really busy gym and always made small talk with people when in line for a treadmill or water fountain, also around the track on ocassion. Never tried to snag a number from a girl I didn't know, though. Who carries their phone around with them at a gym?

Unless you're on the way in/out...

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Wait until they arent on the machine or listening to music for starters.

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i once waited for a girl to get off a treadmil,( i was lifting weights) an old student teacher of mine..

it all backed fired when she told me she knew lots about me cuz shes dating my woods teacher.. i walked away im like "****ing **** block"

Reaction score
It sucks meeting women at gym

I'm fed up trying to pickup women at the gym. The last time I did an effort was 2 weeks ago and since that failure I seem to have lost interest in approaching women in general. Hmm. May be this incidence is not the cause in itself but the fact that I've only had 0% success with women in my life. Anyway, coming to the gym thing, I noticed an attractive woman running on the treadmill next to mine. She seemed to be a pro, for she was running for more than 30 mintues straight. I looked at her a few times to meet her eye (I have on one previous occassion talked to a stranger woman while we both were running. Sure it felt like a crazy thing and she never showed interest in me ) but she was perfectly focussed on running. I was done running and I thought when she comes off the treadmill I would say to her "You must have been a horse in your previous birth". But when she did alight from the mill she went straight to the coach and was learning some kicks from him. I was hanging around near her doing some exercises, waiting for an opportunity to pitch in when she is somewhat free. She never was idle. Once she walked by me and I didn't feel like stopping her. Later I found her doing some exercise rotating her shoulders. I did not want to wait anymore so I walked upto her. I could not use the "horse" opener because it had been several minutes after she came off the treadmill. So I said "You are preparing to beat up somebody?". The loud music in the gym meant I had to talk loud enough and I didn't like the tone of my own voice - it felt like I was crying for attention. She seemed to have missed so she asked "Sorry?" but her eyes conveyed that it was not supposed of me to approach her that way. I repeated what I said and she said "No" and her eyes had the same expression like I'm a beggar or something. I felt lame then I said "Seems like that" and moved away. I had expected her to ask "No, why do you ask?" or something friendlier.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Gyms are bad, enclosed space, you know the regulars and staff, so if it goes wrong which it often will do with women since they are prized like goddesses, then your rep can go down pretty bad. Risky.

MM

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like trying to game on girls in gyms. It's just so highkey, most of the time (at least the YMCA) the entire room is quiet with the constant grunts from men working out and the odd people having a conversation that everyone can hear. Though in a basketball gym it's a much more game friendly environment. These two girls were playing basketball with each other, and I approached them saying "Are you guys practicing to try and ball me up?" conversation went off from there. Though make sure they're only there to mess around, one time I did this to a girl who was really practicing hard and seemed to be on her school's varsity team, and she was like "Look, I'm trying to practice here, I don't want to be bothered."

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jrodbendi said:
Something ****y and witty, turn what seems to be a problem, into an advantage and an opportunity to show your personality.

Eg.

Me: Do those work? (Point to earphones)

She takes them off.

Her: Sorry?
Me: Do those work?
Her: Does what work?
Me: The earphones, because every time I'm at the gym there's always some girl who tries to chat me up when I'm doing my routine, it's distracting. Maybe I should try wearing some.

Do it right, with the fun, half teasing tonality and should be more than enough to get you started.

LivA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating or hitting on a girl at the gym is like doing the same thing at work - almost like sh*tting where you eat. Why would you risk a good work out for a girl that could potentially be a drama queen? You'd have to avoid the gym, change gyms, deal with her stalking you, or her showing up trying to make you jealous by flirting with other guys, etc., etc. Just NOT even worth it, IMO.