Fun game....

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no havent heard of it before

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, about 15 years ago. Back then, the computer graphics for the game weren't all that great. I don't remember much about it now, though.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never played it, but I was into all of those old school computer games. Commander keen, police quest, kings quest, and a ton of other old school sierra computer games.

If I remember correctly, leisure suit larry was pretty controversial at the time because of adult themes and stuff. I forget if you ever got to have sex with any girls in the games though.

Man all this talk is bringing back memories of playing those stupid games with the text parser.

"go open window"

"I don't understand"

"go over to window"

"I don't understand"

"just go to the god damned window you piece of shyt"

"I don't understand"

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by italostud
Never played it, but I was into all of those old school computer games. Commander keen, police quest, kings quest, and a ton of other old school sierra computer games.
Those games rocked.

I forget if you ever got to have sex with any girls in the games though.
You did... sort of. They all required you to accomplish a certain thing... like one chick wanted a credit card. So you do all this stuff to steal someone's credit card, and then she has sex with you on the beach (you don't really see much, just flesh-colored pixels). But in the middle of it, a crab gets on your genitals and you jump up and dance around and try to get this giant crab off you, and she gets disgusted because you supposedly have crabs.

So you go off looking for more girls to have sex with.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Those games rocked.

[/b] But in the middle of it, a crab gets on your genitals and you jump up and dance around and try to get this giant crab off you, and she gets disgusted because you supposedly have crabs.

[/B]
which one is that? I wanna play it.....

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_in_making
which one is that? I wanna play it.....
#4? I'm not sure. Something about Passionate Patty or something?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
O man I remember the old sierra games, they have produced some really funny stuff. Has anyone played Zac-McCracken?

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDawg
Yeah, about 15 years ago. Back then, the computer graphics for the game weren't all that great. I don't remember much about it now, though.
dude i think liesure suit larry is on xbox. its like that new playboy game.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Leisure Suit Larry were funny games. I didn't play a lot of it, but I enjoyed the humour.

If you guys liked it, try the Monkey Island series.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh shyt! I forgot about monkey island! And #2 Lechuck's revenge!! Or was that #3? I forget...anyways, THOSE were awesome games. Playing with those monkeys. Trying to take the grog around before it burned the bottom out of the mug haha.

I just remembered Hugo's house of horrors. A cool text parser game. I think my favourite were the police quest games. I actually have the Police quest collection. It came with 1-4 and 5(swat). 1-3 were good, 4 was a little different, but still fun. 5 was kinda turdish.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LSL rocked. Hated the dude in the alley but the dude in the Quickie Mart ruled!:D

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_in_making
Fun game....
I only played one of them but the games of those days rocked. Much more escapist fun than all of this ultraviolent, ultrarealistic GTA derivative junk that's out now. I wish they would collect all these old Sierra Games (Space Quest, LSL, Kings Quest,ect) into collector's packs but there is the usual problem of Windows probably not being able to run old DOS games.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Anyone played Leisure suit Larry?

Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
I only played one of them but the games of those days rocked. Much more escapist fun than all of this ultraviolent, ultrarealistic GTA derivative junk that's out now. I wish they would collect all these old Sierra Games (Space Quest, LSL, Kings Quest,ect) into collector's packs but there is the usual problem of Windows probably not being able to run old DOS games.
Dude, go to any specialty software store (a place NOT like best buy or circuit city) and dig into the bargain bin with all the old diskette games. There's some real classics.

I agree with you on games from the day are much more escapist fun. It's the kind of imagination put into making them compared with today's market; which has little if any imagination. Those games had zanieness and wackyness (is zanieness a word?)

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently downloaded the latest one ;) , it comes on DVD btw. And yes I like it, it's a fun game :)

Graphics are nice compared to the old days and the missions are fun too. You play the role of a college kid and your main objective is always to get some chick in bed ;) But you gota perform all these tricks and missions to do get stuff to make the girl like ya. It's kinda neat. I remember in one mission you have a IL monitor and you have to do dance moves to the beat of a country song in front of this one girl, if keep everything right her IL goes up and stuff. It's not as easy as you think.

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man did I love those games growing up.

Monkey Island 1 and 2 were the BEST--the writing, to this day, is still hilarious, and the puzzles very clever.

And one of the most underrated games of that era was "Day of the Tentacle" (the sequel to Maniac Mansion.)

Lucas Arts and Sierra--good times.

animal crackers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was always a big fan of the Quest for Glory series (esp IV) and King's Quest (esp VI)

Welcome to the land of the Green Isles...

Alexander feels a strange pulling sensation

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Anyone played Leisure suit Larry?

Originally posted by Create Reality
Dude, go to any specialty software store (a place NOT like best buy or circuit city) and dig into the bargain bin with all the old diskette games. There's some real classics.

I agree with you on games from the day are much more escapist fun. It's the kind of imagination put into making them compared with today's market; which has little if any imagination. Those games had zanieness and wackyness (is zanieness a word?)
Specialty Stores that aren't national chains like Gamestop or Electronics Boutique (where the average employees and staff are too young to remember these classic games let alone have them anywhere in the store) have become almost nonexistent so it's gotten much harder to find vintage games.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But they do exist, I would have to drive probably 60 miles to get to one but they do exist! :p

I wouldn't.