Anyone else into Mixed Martial Arts?

BootsOfEscaping

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys train or watch MMA? UFC, Pride etc? I missed the last Pride but there is an upcoming UFC next month that should be good. Tito vs. Vitor Belfort. I cant stand Tito so I hope he gets spanked. My fav fighter Wanderlai Silva is supposed to fight Randy Couture at some point which would be a fantastic match. Couture is amazing and Silva is brutal. I would give a slight edge to Couture in that match. Any of you guys into this stuff?

I have trained for years but stopped some time ago. I found a system called "Attack Proof" that is a straight combat system(based on the old school highly effective Marine Corp system) which is more useful but isn't that same thing as MMA for sport.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I've just got back from training, I'm too old (and scared) to compete in the ring.

But our club combines allsort, mainly reality based stuff though.

We do BJJ, Krav Maga, non-classical Wing Chun, western boxing.

We have a fightclub series here and it's a good night out.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
my fav fighter is randleman but he's been sucking lately :( Besides that i like silva and fedor. I'm thinkin of taking up some kind of martial arts, what do you think is better, muay thai or BJJ?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been taking Muay Thai for a long while now, it's by far my favorite striking martial art. I plan on starting BJJ training too once I have more cash to spend around on martial arts.

Muay Thai vs Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? Well it depends what you want out of them:

- if you want fast knockouts, MT all the way.

- if you want to be able to handle yourself in 1v2 or 1v3 fights, go for muay thai.

- if you are planning on pursuing a career in where neutralizing an opponent is preferred over knocking them out (i.e. hospital security, etc), take BJJ.

- if you want to be amazing at 1v1 fights, take BJJ. when it comes to a striker vs grapler fights where both opponents are of equal skill, the striker will lose.

- if you want to compete, learn both.

micko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya i do Bjj and some standup classes too

good fun :D

BootsOfEscaping

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I like CroCop too, he is a bad ass.

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CC guillotined randleman. (btw I'm from Croatia)
Go CroCop- kick Emilianenko's(sp) ass!!!

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by napoleon
CC guillotined randleman. (btw I'm from Croatia)
Go CroCop- kick Emilianenko's(sp) ass!!!
yeah i'm talking about their first fight where randleman knocked him out with one punch.;) Anyways, whoever wins the CC-Fedor match it should be a great fight.

And mindovermatter thx for explaining those two for me, very helpful. I think I'll take Muay Thai it seems better for self defence purposes and i don't plan on getting in a ring anytime either.