Anybody got any arguments why I shouldn't go after a girl with a bf?

Is it right to make a move on a girl who has a boyfriend?

• Yes

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I know the word stealing is strong, since it is her responsability to be a moral person. But I'm wondering, what luck have you guys had getting a great woman who wasn't already taken? It feels like every chick who's not just cute but also interesting is ALWAYS taken!

When I first came here, I said to myself "I don't steal taken women..." I should work my game to where I shouldn't have to, to the point where if a girl says "I have a bf" I can say nice to meet you and go out with the backup. (Note: I did just that today, but I'm still annoyed)

I have tried to stick to this, I believe myself to be a moral person, and going after a taken woman is dishonorable and lowly. I have even refused to compete with friends over women we knew in common, such is my disgust at competition over a girl. All this talk of morals may be a fiction for my fears, but that's for another post.

I want to know, do you think it's wrong to pursue a girl after she's already said she's had a bf?

If women broke up with men that didn't interest them, there would be no problem. I would be a lot more respectful when a girl said, "I have a bf." Having a bf would be a fair indicator of a woman being unavailable. But alas, women behave like monkeys on branches, as the famous metaphor goes, only letting go of the old branch when they've grabbed a new one. If women dropped old boytoys, there would be no problem.

This is one reason I hate women. They want us to do everything. Approaching is terrifying - they insult us, they reject us, they ridicule us - they are rude. Then if we actually pull the strings right, we get a phone number. They hang up on us, they ignore our calls, they bore us talking about nothing. They rarely call back (and never more than twice in my experience). If we get a date, they flake, they "forget," they're late. They talk, talk, talk, until my ear is going to explode and I would give anything for a moment of silence. They want us to make all the moves too. We have to plot frightening and invasive techniques just to touch them: kino them, kiss them. What happens if we make a wrong move? That's right, they sue us. Or the air becomes so cold you could freeze helium.

The worst is, they want us to do their immoral dirty work for them too? They say while out with me, "I have a boyfriend." Then who's fault is it that I kissed her? She wants me to do something immoral for her. She was just trying to be friends, right? Something just happened. Yeah right, what a slut!

On top of all this, she wants me to pay for dinner?

No!

Some say, it is difficult to find a quality girl without stealing her from some boyfriend. Please, what do you think?

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First, you just want to be sure the other guy isn't going to turn out to be a psychopath murderer.

Second, that the girl has the class to dump the other guy as opposed to cheat on him with you. Otherwise, you'll likely end up in his boat at some point. (This I guess is only important if you want a relationship and not a ONS. Personally, I wouldn't have a ONS with a girl in a relationship, but that's just because of my own morals, YMMV.)

With that knowledge in hand, may the better man win I say.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a better question is:
is it right to make a move on a girl who is in a HAPPY RELATIONSHIP?
and the answer is no. there are plenty of women out there. why would u want to cause trouble by stealing something you don't need, anyway?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gRiM999 said:
a better question is:
is it right to make a move on a girl who is in a HAPPY RELATIONSHIP?
and the answer is no. there are plenty of women out there. why would u want to cause trouble by stealing something you don't need, anyway?
I know its not "right" but some people like having what they shouldn't.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
I know its not "right" but some people like having what they shouldn't.
that's called an anti-social pathological condition, which would more properly fit under the category of psychiatrical treatment rather than DJ-ing.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forwarded from my accidental second post:

Old 10-09-2006, 05:48 AM #2
BacardiGuy
Don Juan

Old 10-09-2006, 03:22 PM #8
Exp
Senior Don Juan

Exp is on a distinguished road

KillaCam, you're talking like it's only the guys fault for making a girl cheat on her bf. What the...? It take two to tango. If the girl wants to cheat, she'll do it. You say "guy stealing girl", what do you mean by steal? Giving the girl the option to get together with him? If that's stealing then call me a thief.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:37 PM #9
donjuanjovi
Don Juan

donjuanjovi is on a distinguished road

I'm with Exp, she's an adult and makes her own choices. No one steals someone from anyone else. If she believes that she will be happier with you than she is in her current relationship than she will end it. If you beat someone up because your girlfriend broke up with you and went out with someone else, you are a loser who cannot deal with his emotions.

If you are attracted to her than persue. That's your choice. Whether she breaks it off with her boyfriend for you, is her choice.

There's nothing wrong with looking out for others, but at the end of the day you should be looking out for yourself and only yourself.

"Sometimes the best gain is to lose"

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To all those who said that stealing a girlfriend is wrong, please read and if possible to respond to this:

Imagine a hypothetical world where women never broke up with boyfriends. That would mean either if a girl was not taken, either she had never had a boyfriend, or some boy dumped her or was out of the picture for some other reason, like death. Those are the only three possibilites.

Let's say further that women demand that you make a move on them to prove that you are a sturdy branch, to return to the ape metaphor, and not just a twig.

In this scenario, the only way for a woman to leave the old man is to be kissed by the new. In fact, you are doing a woman a favor by going after her, since she can decide what she will do.

In this scenario, the only way to get an untaken woman was to find one who happened to not have a boyfriend at all - ie one who had never had one or whose bf had left her. But in a hypothetical universe of this sort, do you think it would be morally acceptable to make a move on a taken girl?

I think it would be fair to say: "let her actions decide!" And making a move would of course entail risks.

In our reality of course, women do from time to time actually break up with a guy without any other guy in sight, without specific provocation like cheating. And maybe we exaggerate how seldom a woman actually does this, since this is a board with a lot of frustrated, embittered men venting, after all.

But let's face it, it's rare. In my life, I can't think of a single woman breaking up with a significant boyfriend, without finding another man first (unless there was say cheating or abuse involved). I'm sure it happens, but I think it's rare. Maybe men behave the same way, it's not important to this question.

What do you think of this badly executed scenario, and its applications to real life.

In this particular case, the boytoy is a continent away, I'm not worried.

Last edited:

sh4rk b1t3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, hitting on someone else's girlfriend is perfectly moral. Welcome to the real world. No one is going to smite you for stealing someone's GF... except maybe the guy who you stole her from. As long as you are bigger than him, and you understand that since the girl probably had sex with him (and he could have had an STD), then go ahead, steal her!

You are thinking too much, you p*ssy! What's going to feel better? The satisfaction from f*cking her, or the happiness you get inside knowing that someone else is f*cking the girl you deserve?

Holy sh*t, I give such good advice.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two reason
1) getting the crap beaten out of you
2) getting shot

A guy living on my street got his head bashed in with a baseball bat -he died!

What goes around comes around
Thats why its good to pack a gun

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
Two reason
2) getting shot

This chick's bf is a continent away... sucker!

Sjakapai

Don Juan
Reaction score
well if someone took my girl from me.. I WOULD PERSONLY FIGHT him.. Kick him in the ass.. cuz Stealing from others isnt NICE..

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then go for it bro, they will break up sooner or later anyway, so do you want to be the next guy or be the good friend that was always there to support her while she was trying to cut ties with her long distance boyfriend.

But on the other hand man tonnes of single girls out there why waste time on one thats taken when you could just as easily get a single girl.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
You'd be stupid not to. :rolleyes:

It's her choice in the end. Not yours and not the retard who went to a different continent and thought he could make the relationship work. Do whatcha gotta do.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sjakapai said:
well if someone took my girl from me.. I WOULD PERSONLY FIGHT him.. Kick him in the ass.. cuz Stealing from others isnt NICE..
Congratulations, you've just labelled yourself as an idiot. Here have a golden start for effort.

First off, it's not stealing! She left you because she got a better offer. You have noone to blame but yourself for being less attractive than the other guy. Kicking someone in the ass is not only stupid but also assault. Kick them in the face and make it worth your while.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flirting wit a girl is fine but not too much if she has a bf. forcing her to cheat aint rite tho

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sh4rk b1t3 said:
Yes, hitting on someone else's girlfriend is perfectly moral. Welcome to the real world. No one is going to smite you for stealing someone's GF... except maybe the guy who you stole her from. As long as you are bigger than him, and you understand that since the girl probably had sex with him (and he could have had an STD), then go ahead, steal her!

You are thinking too much, you p*ssy! What's going to feel better? The satisfaction from f*cking her, or the happiness you get inside knowing that someone else is f*cking the girl you deserve?

Holy sh*t, I give such good advice.
You give extremely sh!tty advice. It shows you're embittered and haven't touched a woman in years. You're also an idiot. But i'm all three, so, join the club!

I'm a chump, but I'm honest about it. That's the one advantage I have over you.

On the other hand, you make a good point. I have observed time and time again that morality can become an excuse not to do what we should. I have a friend who doesn't pay bills, rent; he chalks it all up to philosophical questions... but his arse is just TOO LAZY!

There's no question that I am terrified to make a move on this girl. So maybe it all boils down to bunk, overabstract philosophical issues that have no application to real life.

But, I'm trying to become a person I like. For your sake, become any person you like, but for me, being a person I like is being morally upstanding.

I've decided to face my fears, whatever my abstract thoughts on the matter. Deciding to do something doesn't at all mean I will actually do anything... such is my cowardice! It means if I don't, it's an act of cowardice, rather than one of ascetic heroism.

Sjakapai

Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanjovi said:
Congratulations, you've just labelled yourself as an idiot. Here have a golden start for effort.

First off, it's not stealing! She left you because she got a better offer. You have noone to blame but yourself for being less attractive than the other guy. Kicking someone in the ass is not only stupid but also assault. Kick them in the face and make it worth your while.

eeh? i DONT have a girl, i dont have a time for RELATIONSHIP with a girl.. right now im just enjoying to play... "HEY > F*CK > GOODBYE.." etcetc

and if her bf want to fight. then i will, Cuz no girl deserve a Pu$$yboy who cant Protect her.. LMAO at those guys..

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sjakapai said:
eeh? i DONT have a girl, i dont have a time for RELATIONSHIP with a girl.. right now im just enjoying to play... "HEY > F*CK > GOODBYE.." etcetc
I wasn't talking specifically about you. It was more of a generalization meaning that when a girl leaves a guy for someone else it's because she is offered something better. It's not the other guys fault she is more attracted to him than her current boyfriend.

Instead of opening up a box of whoop a$$, why not be a man about it and move on?

Izza, unless you live in an area where it's common for people to get their heads bashed in with baseball bats for "stealing" someone's girlfriend, than go for it. If you want to use her boyfriend as an excuse for being a chicken than so be it. You're not hurting anyone but yourself.

sh4rk b1t3

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's her choice to flirt with you. She knows full well that her BF probably won't like that, but she still did it anyway. The only one to blame here is her, not you. It isn't your responsibility to find out if every girl you flirt with has a BF before you even say a word to her. It's her responsibility to brush you off, since it's HER relationship.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
Two reason
2) getting shot

izza said:
This chick's bf is a continent away... sucker!
I aint talking about your specific case. I'm talking about dealing with women with boyfriends in general.