Any tips on being more mature and manly?

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 16 and have a pretty feminine and boyish face. And my freaking sister just told me I still look like I'm ten (not heightwise, I'm 5'10). I guess this is also because I don't behave very manly. Any tips?
Edit: Oh, and my sister's 13.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most adult thing a 16 year old could do is to put together a look that does not fall in line with your friends/peer group. I'm not religious, but i went to chuch this past weekend, and i noticed an entire row of "boys" about your age all of which had the same haircut (some shaggy looking, poodle mess).

Pull up a picture of brad pitt or george clooney and see if they have this same hairstyle. Or i can save you the time and just tell you they dont.

So, any 16 year old with the guts to still look good, but different than your friends, would be quite impressive, from a mature/manly point of view. But i'm 35 so what do i know, right? ;-)

As proof of this, check out any "DJ" that's 20+ ,and you see "men" finally pick up on this and usually begin to develop their own personalized look that's only them, and no one else.

Also, keep learning about women, and do everything you can to not be afraid of them. Its much better to keep meeting different women and even making mistakes than to just be afraid of them and not do anything at all.

Azanon

cyp6

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lets see,

Hmm, lets see, since your too young to work out, I would dress nicer, like how college students dress, also get a job and get ur licence as soon as posible, also probly the and the hardest thing to do in hs. Make friends with older kids and socilize with them... Just don't get in to drugs or heavy drinking just cause they do,, cheers hope this helps

donpepot

Don Juan
Reaction score
lower the tone of youre voice move slowly and good posture..

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. But do you really think I'm to young to work out at 16?
Because I started about a week ago. A few of my friends do, too.
Also, here in germany, drinking is legal at 16, but I can't drive on my own until I'm 18. But I can still get my license at 17 and get some practise driving with my parents.

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say your too young to work out, just make sure you don't overdo it. But I really agree with cyp6, get to know a group of older people that arn't into heavy drinking and alcohol that you can make friends with. It's surprising how much it helps with confidence and it's great to know theres a mature bunch of guys you can just chill with when you dont feel like messing about with your usual friends, kind of refreshing really. I'm 14 and I'm good mates with a bunch of 18 year olds and I can't stress how much this has helped me build my confidence and social skills.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, lets see, since your too young to work out
This is a myth. If he was too young to work out, we better have President Bush give an address tonight so that all those Jr. High and High school footall teams that heavy lift in their gyms quit doing it because tens of thousands of kids are being harmed.

You might not realize the full benefit and potential from working out since you're not fully grown yet, but its not going to harm you; even heavy, low rep lifting.

lower the tone of youre voice
This should go into the, "how to look like a young person, trying to look old" thread. Dude, speak with the voice you have; it will lower on its own. Anyone can tell if you're actually trying to force it low, and who wants to try to concentrate on doing that all day?

kalash74

Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you are German don't even worry about getting your license, if it is indeed true that you must pay like 7000 dollars to get one.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do your deadlifts properly and don't be too emo

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Workout more and your body physique will make up for your girly face.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nonsense. You're not too young to workout...you're 16, jesus.

Just make sure you work out properly, and you'll be set.

Doe Boii

Don Juan
Reaction score
read the paper, watch the news keep up with current events...this always sets you off as different when you can keep up a convo about current things in the world. good haircut, nice clothes(Starched and ironed) no rips...stuff like that. GOOD hygiene is a must, work out and focus on more than just girls, get a hobby or something so they'll see your focused. a good long term goal is good too.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your sister is 13. Ignore her.

You can't make yourself have a less boyish/feminine face, and you can't act yourself into maturity, it's something you learn.

You're 16, you're meant to act like that.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just ignore her, doesnt matter your face is manly or not. You wont untill u got a mustache or something.

yake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks for all the tips.
I am lifting three times a week now, as you can see in my workout journal thread. Lifting, for me, is a lot of fun and a nice challenge. Besides doing well at school to get a good job later on and improving my social life, bulding a more impressive body and more self confidence is one of my three big goals right now. Already, my oneitis on one girl has started to weaken and I am actually starting to like myself.
No, a driver's licence doesn't cost 7000 dollars, of course, more like 2000 euros altogether. Propably a bit less, actually. I work in the summer and do little jobs like walking other people's dogs or mowing their lawn during the schoolyear.
I am actually making a few older friends right now! Also, playing basketball is making me more aggresive, because my trainer keeps "motivating" me about that^^.
So thanks for all your help in this and other threads!
I hope I can help other boys improve themselves one day aswell, through this board or in person.

Aegis

Reaction score
Maturity and manliness comes from experience. If you really wanna be manly, you've gotta go through some tough ****. Take this guy for example: Liver Eating Johnson