Any tips for getting a high success rate for social invitations?

FieldReportGuy7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im new to this town due to me getting a Job.

And I'm trying to make new friends and build a social circle ....I'm doing something basic right now like invite a couple of co-workers and people I know to the Movies and watch Jackass 3d and I'm getting flake and rejected all over the place.

They're excuse is they're too tired and they're not into that type of stuff..or whatever.

Anybody's been in my situation? How can you make your Social invites into a high success rate?
Maybe next time I'll start a bbq or something..... what do you guys think? Any good advice will do. Thanks

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FieldReportGuy7 said:
Im new to this town due to me getting a Job.

And I'm trying to make new friends and build a social circle ....I'm doing something basic right now like invite a couple of co-workers and people I know to the Movies and watch Jackass 3d and I'm getting flake and rejected all over the place.
You need to pick better movies that movie sucked.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started work a few months ago in a whole new city and state. moved up here.

i'm in your situation pal. i just planned a haunted house got everyone excited 15+accepts and + my room mates friends etc.

3/4 my co-workers bailed 2-5 days before even though i told them 2 and a half weeks ahead. My room mate bailed and forced her friends to bail. we ended up with 7 people and decided not to go since another bailed the day of.

I get invited to alot of social outings though and i hosted a poker night at my place which only 2 co-workers showed up but we had fun.

i get alot of flakes from girls since i have no social proof not just girls....i don't even have guy friends up here.

It's cool though, i get my work done and focus on that. then i come home and start working on other things that will move my life forward along with working out to stay in shape.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find a regular bar/restaurant that's not to far from there and make a routine of going there after work two or three times a week. Make sure to let people know you're going there and make it your spot.

This works on several levels. A bar/restaurant near your work is likely already frequented by some one from your job but you just don't know it yet. If you go there regularly and it's not too far from work, some of your co workers will eventually ask if they can tag along or if they can meet you there. Lastly if you're a regular there the staff and some of the other regulars will talk to you, increasing your friends circle outside of work.

It's a pretty basic and easy step towards being more social. Please note that I don't mean go there and get tanked or **** faced all the time. Just going there and getting a burger or salad and having a beer or ****tail after work. Keep it simple and sane.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my standpoint if some guy I barely knew or any guy for that matter asked me to go see Jackass 3D I wouldn't go. Sh!tty movie, and it's a movie that's just weird....

You missed an opportunity with Halloween to throw a party.

It's football season though. Have the BBQ and turn the game on and have some drinks on hand and invite some people. It may be small at first but word will spread.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its really similar to women, just get them comfortable and be exciting to be around and they will want to hang out with you..

and a rule of thumb for all social situations think about how many people you want to come and invite much more than that, a lot will naturally bail but if enough come then it'll cement them to come back another day