Any Guitarists?

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any guitarists on this forum?

I play guitar,technical ability somewhere between Metallica and Trivium.Yeah,in between.I can play any Metallica,but I can't play some Trivium solos.

How about you guys?And what guitars do you have?

SynapsyS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play bass guitar, but only have been doing so for about 6 months.

I can play most of the songs off Dream Theaters Images and Words album (Metrolpolis will always be beyond me though lol), a lot of Pink Floyd, some Blind Guardian, Genesis, Porcupine Tree, and a little Yes.

I have a Yamaha RBX270J, and while it's a low-end instrument, it still gives a nice note, even after I cranked the action down a fair bit.

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play the guitar! I have played since 4th grade, but for 3 or 4 years, I played seldom because I didn't seem to really have a passion for music. Now, however, the last 12 months, I've been playing a lot, and become pretty good. I know all the Coldplay songs. I've also learned lots of Queen solos lately, and they're great!

keemo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play a "viking" brand guitar. I love it, I know all Linkin Park's stuff, really into Dream Theater, Linkin Park, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and John Petrucci (That guy is awesome)

Im currently learning:

-Joe Satriani's Crystal Planet
-Steve Vai's Halo 2 theme
-Dream Theater's As I am (if anyone knows how to play the verse of it pls contact me!)

-And making some of my own stuff.

And I know, our (preys) love this stuff!

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play drums in a band with two of my mates who play quitar and we play rock and some heavy stuff.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitar is my passion.

Been playing for about 3 years, spend about 3-4 hours in the night rehearsing, because during the day I have school and other **** to do and it leaves no time for practice.

I play anything and everything from neoclassical to jazz to technical death metal.

MikeViper

Banned
Reaction score
I just started with bass guitar, and I'm doing pretty good with that, but I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I still apparently suck. When you can't play the theme to Super Mario Brothers correctly, you know you suck. I might take up guitar again some day, but for now I'm putting all of my concentration on bass.

lugsy211

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iv played guitar for the past 5 years, and have busked in a few cities. By the way - great way of meeting girls, they request songs and if you cant play it just bust on them for having a bad taste in music. Then serenade them with your own choice! You'll gte plenty of numbers too if you sing loud or even half decent at all, make eye contact and smile after all you only want their money!!

I love acoustic and basically do any covers that sound good

Mission

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been playing guitar for 4 years self taught. I mostly play chords and sing to it. I love it.

--Mission

MikeViper

Banned
Reaction score
The thing is, most girls here are into that sh*tty new punk rock stuff, while I'm into classic rock, hard rock, and heavy metal.

SnowBlind77

Banned
Reaction score
yea i play guitar, only or a few months though. I can play mostly easy stuff....the beatles, some metallica, but i cant solo yet, some zeppelin and pink floyd, stuff like that.

keemo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quoted:
The thing is, most girls here are into that sh*tty new punk rock stuff, while I'm into classic rock, hard rock, and heavy metal.

Yea, ok maybe things like Green Day and Good Charlotte look punk, but not exaclty punk, I like them a bit. As for serious punk, I hate it. I love progressive metal, death metal( a bit), nu-metal (ohhh yea), instrumental metal, symphonic metal (my band genre), as for Led Zepplin, his songs are all based on one thing: Low volume, as in low frequency, which isnt really my type.

SynapsyS

Don Juan
Reaction score
keemo said:
I play a "viking" brand guitar. I love it, I know all Linkin Park's stuff, really into Dream Theater, Linkin Park, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and John Petrucci (That guy is awesome)

Im currently learning:

-Joe Satriani's Crystal Planet
-Steve Vai's Halo 2 theme
-Dream Theater's As I am (if anyone knows how to play the verse of it pls contact me!)
It always makes me laugh when you see something like Linkin Park (ergh, lame) in with the likes of DT and Satch. You obviously have great taste in music, how come you like LP?

Oh, and good luck with the As I Am solo. The rhythm, as far as I know, is pretty straightforward (for Petrucci anyway), but the solo is insane. One of my mates can play it off the top of his head, but he's massively good.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to play the bass guitar, but my ex-gf talked me into quitting it. (guess why? LOL)

I'm going to get back at music, but I'm between bass guitar or drums. Still don't know. I was pretty good at the bass guitar, but I think drums are more my style... more crazy, you know? :D

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm into indie rock mostly. The Strokes, Von Bondies, Muse, etc. I got an ES-335 copy with humbucker sized P90's, a fat Strat copy, and a completely custom 80's Harmony Stratocaster that I've been building up for the past 2 months. It's got copper shielding and 60's Fender reissue pickups.

The Harmony is almost done, I need to put on the new trem unit, solder the new input jack, get a custom nut and a setup then it's good to go.

Got a bass guitar too, but I seldom play it.

As for amps, I have a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12". Today I'm going to get a Crate 2x12" as a backup from Music Go Round. Should be a perfect candidate for some new Celestion speakers :)

Reaction score
I can play the guitar, bass, dulcimer, keyboard or mellotron in my case, the drums, cello, and trombone. But you could label me a guitarist. I dont like to stick to one genre of music. I can play lots of Opeth and after learning their weird sh*t, Metallica and just about everything else is easy to learn. But yeah, I've learned everything from John Mayer, Foo Fighters, to Children of Bodom which is really hard sh*t because of Alex Laiho always doing that sweep picking sh*t and I'm not good at that yet.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone cares, but today I picked up a 1979 Peavey Classic 2x12" amp. It's got tubes, and I got it for 145 :D

avrilishot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been playing for 2 years. I play guitar and the kind of guitar I have is a fender. I play reggae, rock and metal.

BassBuddha

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a bassist 24/7, and trust me; this is ENTIRELY related to being a DJ because, let's face it: guitars are quite possibly the best way to show off ever. Plus chicks dig the big, strong bass fingers. Keep up the guitar, but if you can move past the Metallica stage and try out some old-school Iced Earth for a challenge. If you want to mack with your guitar skills learn some Chili Peppers.

Dover

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love guitar. Its been a huge part of my life for 7+ years now. I dont really ever show off though unless im drunk. Guys who play guitar to get chicks are ****ty human beings.