Anger and how to deal!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought this would be fitting to repost here:

Anger is something men constantly have to deal with. It is common for men to express their anger. This may be good for the average man, but not for us Don Juans’.

Something I’ve noticed with a few members is that they get angry rather quickly and rather defensive, neither trait is good to have. Right now you may be thinking, “So what? What does this have to do with me? I’m not angry or defensive.” Well if this is the case listen up, because, what I am going to tell you will carry over to many aspects of your life and can improve your game.

My math teacher had a discussion about anger and insults; he said “You can only be offended if you want to be offended.” This may be a rather unusual thought, “I don’t want to be insulted, people just do it.” But when I thought about this more I realized that this is very true.

When someone is emotionally shallow, they will take insults like the truth, and ignore every compliment because they don’t believe it’s true. A person who is emotionally stable will ignore every insult because they know that they not true so it doesn’t matter what others may think, and take every compliment knowing they were already true.

When someone insults you and you become angry or insulted, you are showing how shallow you are. You are proving to them that you feel weak and less than them, this gives them a feeling of comfort. The best way to counteract this is by not being insulted, simple as it sounds, it is the best way, and if you fail to give them this comfort they will move onto someone who will.

A generic insult is “You’re a Fag”. Many men get deeply hurt by this because they are insecure about themselves. Being the Don Juan you are, you ignore it because you know the ladies love you, and you give them the lovin’. Nothing anyone says about you can ever bring you down, because you are a Don Juan.

We Don Juans’ are the best there is, we know how to treat a lady, but still be a man. We are not jerks, and we are not AFC’s. We are the crème de la crème, the cream of the crop, or the best of the best. Nothing anyone can say can bring us down because we are the better man.

--Vincent

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was walking down the hallway today and there came another person walking towards me. This guy is, in my opinion, a complete and total idiot who likes to think that his Ford Ranger is a sports car, and is most likely envious because I just bought myself a Camaro, which could kill his truck anyday. Anyway, as he walked by me, I stared him straight in the eye. After he passed me and was behind me a few feet, he said "fag" just loud enough for me to hear.

"Very mature," I thought, and proceeded to laugh it off. Before I came to this site, I might have hauled off and broke his face right there, but frankly, I just don't care anymore. If he doesn't have anything better to do than insult me, that's his problem.

Anger management is a very important skill to have, as it can save you a lot of trouble.The next step, however, is trying to not let the anger dwell in your mind. It's important to just let it go; otherwise it will torment you. That's where buddhism comes in for me. Through buddhism I have learned how to clear my mind and stay in the present moment. It makes life a lot easier.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a guy disrespects you, whats the best way to deal with it ?

Lately i have been running into a lot of 'homey's' who act all macho, abusing people around me or going off at me if 'god for bid' i flirt with ones of 'their women'.

Walk away ?

Im really getting fed up with it and the more it happens to me the more i wonder about doing something about it.

Usually i just smile, walk away...

Should i let them get away with it ?

I had plenty of fights at school but there were less consequences then, doing it (assault) now is a crime.

Im a man, ill stand up for myself & my beliefs - should i not stand up to these 'losers' ?

But good post, anger is not attractive :)

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
The only times i get murderously angry is when im hungry.

If i havent eaten in 5-6 hours im ready to kill someone, seriously. I was punching walls last night in my house and knocked over a shelf at 1 am because i was hungry and i couldnt decide what to eat. Its wierd. =\

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian

If i havent eaten in 5-6 hours im ready to kill someone, seriously. I was punching walls last night in my house and knocked over a shelf at 1 am because i was hungry and i couldnt decide what to eat. Its wierd. =\
Shoulda had some fish ;)

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get like that when ever I promise to stop jacking off and try to give up sex for a while. No seriously

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump. Great tip.

The Don Juan doesn't need to get angry because he has more important things going on in his life.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I can relate to that. I was having a bad day... a very bad day, taking it out on everyone in proximity. That day I barely ate anything at all. So what could have been considered supper was my first meal of the day. It made me very happy. The mood returned to normal.

However, I don't think I'd get violent unless provoked.

Can't decide what to eat? Just go out. Tim Horton's is open 24-7.

Belgium_Freak

Don Juan
Reaction score
so what you mean is, someone insults you in public you do nothing about it ? Or just laugh with them, like it's all true ?

what i do now in these occasions is, smile in a way that says "what a loser". I don't like trying to "gain my power back" by making him ridiculous.

Cleric

Banned
Reaction score
Great post. It's true that people who get angry quick are emotionaly shallow. But what's more is that the reason someone gets insulted in the first place is because they identify with the insult.

If someone calles me a fag and I get offended, it's almost a sure sign that deep down I am not very secure in my masculinity.

You can learn a hell of a lot about yourself by paying attention to what ticks you off. If you get insulted because of something someone said to you, you have to start wondering why you were insulted. It's ok to have insecurities. But it's not ok to cover them with empty comebacks and destructive outbursts. It'll be much more constructive to sit down and strengthen our week points.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Belgium_Freak
what i do now in these occasions is, smile in a way that says "what a loser". I don't like trying to "gain my power back" by making him ridiculous.
The important thing is that you really shouldn't make it obvious that you actually are insulted. Pretend it really didn't get to you.

It would be much better ofcourse if you really don't let insults get to you. Most of the time, when someone insults you, they are either joking or trying to get back at you for something you've done, or they are trying to make themselves look better by putting you down. So there really is no point in being aggrivated.

If someone were to call you a fag: Think to yourself: Do I get pu$$y? Yes? Do I like pu$$y? Yes. Well then.. who's the fag??

I also like what Cleric said: When you let something get to you, it is probably because you're insecure about it. Think about it, work on it, put it behind you.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wish I would have read this awhile ago

good post:)

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to unleash your anger to get respect and not be little pushover sometime. Example:

Me: ::sitting down laughing with friends::
A55hole: ::Comes over::
Me: ::changes subject::
A55hole: wow, what a faggot. Who seriously gives a crap?
Me: Look if you don't like it don't listen ok?
A55hole: This is my table b1tch! Fuk off come back next year.
Me: ::stands up, walks over, puts my arm on his shoulder, and smiles::
A55hole: what?
Me: ::punches the motherfvcker in the face::

Fvck man, no one fvcks with me anyone. you gotta make a scene though, cuz then you gotta break a lot of noses.

Reaction score

Without meaning to be insulting, it sounds like you have a problem with your diet to me. Do you eat a lot of junk food and/or drink lots of fizzy drinks?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i heard at a work seminar that when someone makes you angry or upset, if you think of math problems in your head, you will loosen up and occupy yourself with the math, that you wont be as stressed and angry.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
i heard at a work seminar that when someone makes you angry or upset, if you think of math problems in your head, you will loosen up and occupy yourself with the math, that you wont be as stressed and angry.
Hey, that's a good idea! I never thought about this.

It fits with what I wrote here: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72209

arq-dj1

Don Juan
Reaction score
physical fights are a no no...
only in extreme cases, like ur saving someone, or defending ur girl from a rapist or somethin'

never go into a fight to defende ur ego, thats a childish way to use ur skills and also any martial arts skill

when i get hungry (about life mostly) i hear some loud metal and start punching and kicking the air/punch bag