Allen!!! TIME TO UPGRADE!!!

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
forums.411hype.com

that's a good example^

They have a PM service, last user that posted in a certain forum. I know it's not as professional, but you can take some stuff out like the avatars if you want to.

Time to upgrade buddy.
This board is getting old and rusty.
I'm sure every users will be glad to see a new, fresher and better interface.

plus you can get it free.

so watcha think???

and even if you dissagree.
REPLY TO THIS

Don't ignore this thread.

GHOST

------------------
I'm Ghost, Peace Out.

(.`*·.¸(`*·.¸ ¸.·*´)¸.·*´.)
*·.«´¨`·.Dee-Zy.·´¨`».·*
_...,·'(.·'´(¸.·''·.¸)`'·.)'·,..._

SoSuave.com

Administrator
Reaction score
I never ignore suggestions.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that vBulletin software is free. It's not, but it's reasonably priced.

I've been looking into other software and vBulletin is one of the best I've seen so far. So there may be an upgrade in the not too distant future. But don't ask me when. I like to surprise people.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by sosuave.com:
I never ignore suggestions.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that vBulletin software is free. It's not, but it's reasonably priced.

I've been looking into other software and vBulletin is one of the best I've seen so far. So there may be an upgrade in the not too distant future. But don't ask me when. I like to surprise people.

Do you want me to put my superior searching skills to work and find you a kick @ss forum? There are A LOT that are free (CGI) and lots that are really cheap. I can check some out and see if they are any good and forward you the links to ones that are worth a look. Just say the word either here or shoot me an e-mail.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you never ignore? hmmm ... maybe it's a new policy cuz you never replied to any of my suggestions before.

whatever, it don't matter.

listen, I can get you a VB free. If I can't, you said it's a resonable price so with your advertisement you'll be fine.

so holla back. I remember the admin of www.rapclick.com gave me links to some free stuff. I forgot but I can always ask.

so watcha think?

*I'll help you admin it

------------------
I'm Ghost, Peace Out.

*·.«´¨`·.Dee-Zy.·´¨`».·*

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dee-Zy:
you never ignore? hmmm ... maybe it's a new policy cuz you never replied to any of my suggestions before.

whatever, it don't matter.

listen, I can get you a VB free. If I can't, you said it's a resonable price so with your advertisement you'll be fine.

so holla back. I remember the admin of www.rapclick.com gave me links to some free stuff. I forgot but I can always ask.

so watcha think?

*I'll help you admin it

Personally, I think Ikonboard is better. It's also entirely free for even profit business sites and has a built in messenger and allows each member to view the forum is whichever language they want. That would be useful for the international visitors and possible even draw in more users. I think it also shows who is online and allows members to list their AOL and ICQ numbers in their profile and a link to contact them is generated. It's really pretty cool. It's the first link I proveded, why not check it out and see if you agree?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Here is a link to a list of sites using Ikonboard forums. The forum is actually "skinnable" too, and can even allow users to select from a list of different skins to get a look they like.
http://www.topsitelists.com/hollywood/ikonboard/

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, A friend started a board with ikon, but I wasn't active there.

Point is, the PM servie and the Who's Online is what this board needs the most. I've been here for 2-3 years now? Time to upgrade. I'll let Allen do the decision (Try to make 'near future' a week or two
)

anyways, now that I got Allen's attention ...

The general board is waaaaaay to crowded, even more then last time I left.

I'll suggest this again.

Make a new forum: titled 'Relationship' or something like that. because all questions about maintaning a a relationship (A real one, not some date'N spree - a month or two old replationship or LTR/marriage) then the general will be for seducing - as in approach, pick ups ect.

I suggested this a long time ago and it got slept on. Plus I saw your attempts didn't work. So follow Nike and 'Just Do It' Allen.

GHOST

------------------
I'm Ghost, Peace Out.

*·.«´¨`·.Dee-Zy.·´¨`».·*

DeepBlue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking of Upgrading...

Allen,
I have to say that visually I really like the layout of the threads and the posts at SoSuave. I find it very easy on the eye, easy to follow the discussions, and pleasant to work with overall. I also like the fact that the site is composed of html pages and not generated via "active server pages" which are a drag to load, and make it more of a hassle to save favorite threads.

With all the talk about GirlProblems.com (could they have come up with a worse name?) I took a look at their site, and I can't stand the "look" they have.

I don't mean aesthetically, but for functional reasons. The list of threads looked like a big mess, and ditto for the individual threads once you opened one up. I found it very UN-inviting to work with.

Maybe it's all the gray text, and that they don't use colors effectively to distinguish elements and guide the eye. As I tried to pick a post to click on, it reminded me of trying to find a piece of paper in a giant pile of papers.

So if you do "upgrade", I hope you keep this place just as clean & visually organized & user friendly as it is now.
Thanks,
DeepBlue

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with DeepBlue. I have never seen any forum that is as pleasant to work with as this one. Don't replace it with something else.

Sure, It would be nice with some new features e.g. a improved search function, but the most important thing is that the forum should be user friendly and pleasant to work with. I think this forum is great!

Maybe there will come upgrades to the Ultimate Bulletin Board that will be worth upgrading to?

DON’T REPLACE OUR FORUM, WHICH WE LOVE SO MUCH!

Thanks Allen for this great site. I don’t know what I would have been if it wasn’t for the SoSuave website.

Turbobird

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Allen, how is this SoSuave web site financed? It must cost a lot of money to have a big web site as this one. Is the advertising in the DJ tip of the day newsletter enough or do you have any sponsors?

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea i don't like gp.com

Don't use any BRIGHT colors (bright red, bright blue...etc.)

I hate that and I'm positive others do too.

Blue is my fav color and I love this forum. Even though all the other forums I been too look better, I don't really care about looks, it's what I can benefit from this forum.

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colors are fine ... except the brown I hate it. something like black or white would be better. Blue wouldn't be bad either but I have faith in Allen, he's profesionnal he knows what to do.

Just UPGRADE FAST!!!

GHOST

------------------
I'm Ghost, Peace Out.

*·.«´¨`·.Dee-Zy.·´¨`».·*

ghost_x01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dee-Zy:
Colors are fine ... except the brown I hate it. something like black or white would be better. Blue wouldn't be bad either but I have faith in Allen, he's profesionnal he knows what to do.

Just UPGRADE FAST!!!

GHOST

I thought the brown was a bit unusual when I first got here but personally it has grown on me. Now I kind of like it. It doesn't stand out or overpower which is what I want in a background color. Personally, I find the black background in the HTML DJ Bible difficult to read off without increasing Explorer's default font size. But maybe that is just my monitor (its not bad but not great either).

G. Host (the other one)