All but Handcuffed for talking to women

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm off to a really bad start or just doomed. If you see my first post under the DJ tips section, you'll notice I was planning to talk to girls @ a video store.

I got the balls to "just do it" tonight. I approached a then lone girl and started commenting on the movie she had in her hand (Ok, I had not really seen the movie and I never watch movies). Her friend, whom I had not seen previously, came around the corner and made a comment basically to the effect of, "Do you know this guy?". I know this was dumb, but I panicked and ran out of the store and jumped in my car speeding off.

I about **** a brick when I was pulled over on the way home. Turns out the people @ the video store thought I must have stolen something and phoned my vehicles description in. Next, I had to explain why I went running out the store while the cops laughed their asses off after searching my vehicle.

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMG, that was too funny.

Work on your social skills because you'll going to have learn to have to deal with ****blocks and girlfriends. It's a fact of life that whenever there is more than one girl, the other girl will "wing" her girlfriend and basically vet you in order to make sure that you're an OK guy.

LOL

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in no position to comment being a 26 y/o virgin but........

LOL!!!!!!!

I needed that.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Time to grow up, dude. :p

Next time, introduce yourself to the friend, then they BOTH know you. ;)

And if you get blocked...their loss. Nothing to run from.

N00bs, take note. This is what happens when you go to extreme lengths to avoid talking to women...the social humiliation is less if you just get shot down and get it over with. :D

Tyrone Biggums

Don Juan
Reaction score
That story sounds kind of fishy to me. Anyway, you are trying too hard and scoping video stores only for girls instead of movies seems creepy (and people can tell). If you tend to get that freakish around women start making it easy for yourself to meet them by building a life for yourself. After a while you'll get so used to talking to women that video store approaches will become second nature.

Robbie

Don Juan
Reaction score
AWwww, that's almost straight out of a romantic comedy. I can see Ben Stiller cast as everywomanshero.

Unfortunately, real life doesn't always finish up as happy in the end as "What About Marry," so I'm hoping there's something we can all learn from this.

Since nobody's said it, congratulations on going out to meet women and actually approaching one of them. Yeah, you did pretty bad but so do most people when they try something new. You didn't mention who the friend was, but I'm going to assume it was a male. Doing cold approaches is TOUGH, especially when you haven't been groomed to be very confident. Just have a mindset that what you're doing is fun and natural, not creepy and not contrived. The mindset will make or break you.

Women can TELL if a man has planned to approach them. They can tell if a guy is hanging around waiting to approach them - yikes. When you approach them, they definitely know that you're interested in them (unless they're really, really stupid) and unless you come across as genuinely friendly and spontaneous, you will creep them out. If you approached this girl out of the blue, I hope she noticed you first. I hope you were holding a tape or at least LOOKED like you were there to shop and not approach women.

But get used to talking to everyone. People who are good talkers do better with women. If you think you're gonna reach out and nab a woman and not have to meet or deal with any of her friends, that probably isn't going to happen.

Cops laughing is a good sign. Glad you didn't get into any trouble.

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanx man that made my day

Great humor does come at somebody elses expense.

but on a good note......that is the WORST CASE SCENARIO you could possibly experience. Congradulations, if you look at the bright side, its all easy from here. That was the worst and you survived, thats what counts

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guy, I just stopped laughing, but seriously?

next time something like that happens, try saying 'not yet *turn to target* my name is ___' Or anything for that matter is better than freaking out and running away.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:D That must have been embarasing....:crackup: it's ok dude, **** happens. don't get discuraged. some day, it'll be a nice story to tell your grandchildren.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow so you got up and ran away. i had to show this to somebody ,wow the guys in my work place are laughing thier asses of to this. i dont understand why you ran away, even an afc wouldnt run away, whats the matter you dude.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by everywomanshero
I don't know if I'm off to a really bad start or just doomed. If you see my first post under the DJ tips section, you'll notice I was planning to talk to girls @ a video store.

I got the balls to "just do it" tonight. I approached a then lone girl and started commenting on the movie she had in her hand (Ok, I had not really seen the movie and I never watch movies). Her friend, whom I had not seen previously, came around the corner and made a comment basically to the effect of, "Do you know this guy?". I know this was dumb, but I panicked and ran out of the store and jumped in my car speeding off.

I about **** a brick when I was pulled over on the way home. Turns out the people @ the video store thought I must have stolen something and phoned my vehicles description in. Next, I had to explain why I went running out the store while the cops laughed their asses off after searching my vehicle.
Wow, you humiliated yourself for nothing, the proper thing to have done was tell the friend "I was talking to her, not you"...rudeness begets rudeness.

Paprika

Don Juan
Reaction score
At least you had the balls to try something new and to come on here and admit it to the world. ;)

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol that's hilarious

Does prove though how even the WORST possible scenario, still isn't that bad! I mean you lived to tell the tale.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow this post is like one of those horrible accidents that was totally the victims fault. On one hand you feel kind of bad for them because they're hurt, on the other hand you really can't help but laugh from the stupiditiy.

I bet that cop laughed all the way back to the station and told his entire squad about you.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL i thought you didnt litraly mean ran away, because on my first apraoch i bailed out and walked off, but dam running away lol thats hilarious!