AFC LIES in the media--check this out!

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This stuff just makes me so ANGRY!
"Playing "hard-to-get" seems to have played out: 60% of those surveyed report they would most likely fall for a person they already know is head-over-heels interested in them rather than someone they have to chase"
GIVE ME A BREAK!

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having worked in a market research firm a long while ago, I realized that surveys are quite innefficient at providing accurate results... This survey seems particularily weak in my eyes :

- There doesn't seem to be corrections for demographics (a 20 year old women likes different things then a 35 year old) and if there was a higher number of 35 year olds then 20 year olds then the numbers might reflect that 'women in general' prefer a guy that is a 'planner'.

Then there are the questions of how the surveys are conducted :

if it's Over the phone :
- Most respondancts aren't interested in completing the surveys, so they won't listen to the question properly, and thus quickly give answers to end the survey rather then giving the answers that they truly feel are correct.
- They may not understand the question correctly.
- ALOT of telphone surveyors are willing to skip questions, or other forms of data corruption to keep up with performance tabs.
- There can be a natural bias in the way the questions are written. In other words the questions can be phrased in such a way that the respondant will give a certain answer more likely

And the other mediums of surveying are riddled with much of the same issues.

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
most of that crap is contrary to what we read here *gets confused* :confused: :confused:

oh wait i said crap.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is exactly the sort of bullsh*t that caused me to become AFC in the first place and to intentionally play up the nice guy act during relationships. This is the sort of advice I used to take and it's this crap that got me dumped and LJBF time after time!

I don't think these "love experts" actually realise the harm their whimsical surveys and advice do to people.

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The survey reflects what women 'believe'.

Ive busted on girls even more than guys i dislike & they still 'believe' im a sweet guy.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw this show on tv the other night where a wife was complaining how her husband wasn't romantic enough. Some expert on this show, was teaching the man to be more romantic. Buy her flowers, leave her notes, tell her you love her.

The guy was trying and the wife couldn't be more happy. After one week, they came back and the wife was perfectly happy now the man told her he loved her every day of the week. I'd like to see these people in a year or two from now. The wife will be completely bored with this guy unless he goes back to his own ways.

The surveys are easy to understand. If a girls is asked: Would you go for a nice guy, or a bad guy, she will always say the nice guy. Would you like a guy that plays hard to get? Hell no!

I don't blame them. In fact: Anyone would answer what they THINK they want. Like that post about heaven or hell. Getting everything you want will make happy for a short while. After which you get bored.

cyrano

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, it is easily possible to sustain a relationship in the way these articles suggest- kissing ass, suplicating your self, constantly chasing, buying shyt all of the time. The result being that you will live the existence of a whipping boy, and even then will run the risk of being dispatched when something better comes along (be that a DJ, or a richer, more suplicating chump).

To me, that is not a relationship. Equally nor is a woman waiting hand and foot on a man, hanging by his every word- this in the past has given me no satisfaction whatsoever. However, it would seem that women are less prone to this sort of suplicating behaviour as dating is perceived to be a sellers market- that is to say that women believe themselves to have the right to choose.

This is to my mind one of the most important things about being a DJ- if you roll up trying to find ways to earn a woman's attention, then you have already lost the game. Sure, she might throw you some scraps from the table, but you will never have a relationship. Rather, the alternative is to make her want your attention- which means that you make the choice as to whether to give it (attention:) that is...) to her. Here you are already in the driving seat, and can determine where things go from there, if at all.....

Then all you have to do is keep her in this state for as long as you want your relationship to last, which is what I have found to be rather more difficult...but I'm learning.

Cyrano

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
people know when they like somthing, but they do not know what they like, so they are answering what they tihnk they like, but they do not know what really turns them on sub-consusly, this is why the surveys show the wrong information, know one really knows exactly what they like in so much detail

evolvingnerd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i believe these surveys are aimed at women who are lookin for husbands
such qualities of stability and predictability are admirable in the possible father of their children sortta thing
besides, do u know any chicks our age who goes out filling in such online surveys?
most likely stay at home wives or ppl of the sort

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Romantic myths debunked: Who do singles love?
By Danielle Christopher

MSN with match.com

That about says it all right there.

This is a marketing gimmick...think about the demographic of the US population that uses match.com...boring-ass chumps who can't get dates IRL. So they cater this to those guys to make them feel good about themselves (and thus sign up for accounts on match.com expecting to find all kinds of love).

Plus, I thought we all knew better than to read romantic advice from women. Women may crave "romance," but in truth they just want to be swept away by it. They really don't know the first thing about it. (it's one of the biggest misconceptions in society, that women "know love" better than men)

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MEN, always remember. What women SAY and what they DO are two different things.

Women may say the same things about men.. but that's half of them, while WOMEN it's MOST of them.

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sonny boy here just had had his first meeting with feminism. Congrat! You're about 30 years behind but it's never too late...