Advice...

D

d_ripper

Here is the situation,

I met this european transfer student in class HB 8, we make some small talk and jokes for a couple classes. After the third class, I go for number close and get the digits. I call 5 days later asking if she want to go get dinner on monday, she says too busy. I respond by saying ok, later in the week then. She says, too busy, the whole time being real cold on the phone. I say late, and so far have nexted and ignored her.

Somewhere in my mind I want to call her on her bullsh#t of giving me the number with signs of interest and then blowing me off. Does this girl need to know she was rude, or am I over it. I still have minor interest in the girl, but as a man I don't play games with mixed signal b#tches.

D_Ripper

HighLowJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
You hit it off with this girl, then got her number. Waiting 5 days to call her is just as rude as what she's doing to you right now. Why did you wait so long? If your to busy to call, then she's going to be too busy to go out with you. Its almost like your playing games with her.

Try getting back to the small talk and joking.

L-I-B

Don Juan
Reaction score
He waited 5 days because it shows that he is not desparate and everything else that goes with calling the next day. I thought 4 to 5 days was almost a DJ standard.

HighLowJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess the waiting period depends. It all depends on the situation. It definitely sounds like this tactic backfired on this girl. She seems hurt and mad that he waited a year to call her after she gave him her number.( to her it may have seemed like a year) Maybe she doesn't give her number out to just anyone. d ripper was the lucky guy.

If she's the kind woman that doesn't date a whole lot, then she may be hurt with the long non-calling period. If she's the kind of girl who dates a lot, and can get any guy she wants. Then the long not-calling period may work wonders.

Wait a week to call?............depends depends depends. You may shoot your self in the foot, or she may respond to this.

Speed Demond

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly if she's being a lil **** Because he didn't call her within 5 days she's got problems..like what if his Grand NAnny or w/e would have died?? I wouldn't even think about trying to get back with her... Highlowjack..sounds like you need a lil more work in the Hitting it off with the ladies department

JR2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not ignore the phone for now. If you can still speak to her in class - try it. It only has to be for one lesson, but you'll pick up the vibe for what she wants.

5 days is a bit of a long time to call, especially if she was expecting it quickly. She gets 5 days to consider why you weren't calling + after a while she'll make up her mind on it - in your case she wasn't happy and was very negative. She probably thinks that you aren't really bothered and she's probably not interested in dating a guy that doesn't really like her that much.

So go back into the lesson, chat to her, "neutralise" her (by that I mean stop her from being so angry and make her open to approaches again). You're kinda starting again, but you've paved the way already, should be easier this time. If she's clearly not interested after that lesson, leave her be and move to your next woman :)

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever come to think that maybe the girl was not interested in the first place. How many time have you met a flirtatious girl who seemed interested only to shoot you down. Getting a number is only a start a not always a sign of high IL.

5 days does not seem unreasonable to me. If she was interested I think she would have not blown him off like that.

HighLowJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true she may not be interested to begin with. If he's seeing her all the time at school, im sure she gave him signs. Like having a high interest level after she gave him the number. Its hard to read this one without being there.

Highlowjack..sounds like you need a lil more work in the Hitting it off with the ladies department
Your right Speed it would seem like it. But Iv been around the block a few times. iv been doing real well with the ladies to be honest lately. Not all the time, but lately

I just don't care anymore. The other day I was in talking to the head aerobics instructor at the Y.(shes hot) I was standing there at her office door. I felt a fart build up, so I let it rip. She thought it was the funniest thing all day. She had just taken her sneakers off, and thought she may be offending me. But I made her feel better when I tore azz.