advice?

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
I first found this website three years ago. I am a junior in high school now.

I was a major AFC. Presently i am 10X better than before. I have a higher level of confidence and i dont take **** from people.

I still have problems that i cant seem to improve upon, and i was hoping you could set me in the right direction.

I cant hit on girls worth the ****, i just dont know what to do.
My conversational skills are mediocre (but vastly improved) but im stuck in a rut, i cant make conversations FUN. People get bored quick and would rather talk to someone funnier.
My sense of humor sucks, whats funny to me isnt funny to everyone else.

Lastly, i realized that i need to improve my life in general, this is more important to me than girls. So far i have made progress in motivating myself to get better grades, work out, and trying to find hobbies.
But it doesnt seem like im doing enough, and im not quite sure im satisfied with what i have.

It feels like whatever i do will get me a little ways further, but then the improvement stops. its hard to explain.
can you help me break out of this barrier?

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it's not really the amount of things that matters, it's the amount of time and effort put into those things that matters.

See, imagine yourself in three more years. If you keep up all of the things you've been doing so far, and continue to seek out knowledge and learn new skills, you will become 10X better than you are now.

That's 100X better than when you first started.

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having "been there" in the not so distant past, I can assure you that you WILL get better. It is a function of time, but also of effort. You may find yourself experiencing breakthroughs and plateaus, just like in weight training. My advice to you is to experiment with your current skills now, and make the learning experiences you are bound to run into stick early. You will run into brickwalls, styrofoam walls, and all sorts of obstacles. This is unavoidable. I don't care how hard you try to avoid it, you are going to run into Sh*tty situations that are going to hurt and you're going to want to give up. What I also promise you is that you ARE going to come out from the other side of these obstacles a better, stronger man, but only if you soldier on. Again, this is why it's important to learn all you can early on, as the consequences are less severe and are more readily forgiven (usually.)

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd disagree about time. I knew this stuff, and I didn't change untill I took some right action. The more right action I took; the more I improved.

It's the experience that matters.
I think it's almost a direct correlation between how much you go out (and approach etc of course) and your "skills". Maybe time is a bigger factor when you get better.