Acne + Dry skin: Please advise

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have this acne - its not that bad, but could be better. I used this stuff with 5% benzoyl pheroxide (or whatever), and it didn't really help. My skin got really dry and flaky though. Had to use liberal amounts of face cream - and I mean like 200 ml a day for the 2nd day now. Its crazy shyt!

So what can you advise - is the best way simply not to touch my face at all with my hands? I try not to, but I often forget, like right now... :(. Or should I talk to a doctor? Or are there any other better medical creams or whatnot?

Thanks!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speak to your dermatologist... though biased, I'm a strong advocate of Accutane (or a generic)...

Trumpetman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Accutanes the way to go no creams no mosturizers well at least after ur done w/ it go to ur derm

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink a lot of water, it doesn't help ****, I'm wondering if it's just a hippy vegetarian wonder treatment.

I'm on Benzol Peroxide, but I never use it regularly which is why it probably doesn't work.

Accutane? My doctor presented that to me as an option once, but said it had a lot of side effects, like nosebleeds, dry skin, etc. Do you really want all that?

Then again... I'd rather be thin with flawless skin and get nosebleeds than not... some girls will get all emotional about it, thinking you have some brain hemmoraging condition, or that you use psychic abilities.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
probably the stuff u use to treat your acne overdrys the skin, if that's the case stop using it and try something else. Or you can continue using it in addition to using moisturizer after each wash as a temporary reliever for your dry skin.

DJnoob

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
++THE SOLUTION+++

What soap u using?

- Use "DOVE UNSCENTED SOAP"

Its in a green/white box, pick it up at your local rite aid or sav ons.

- Use cold water instead of hot water when showering. Using hot water melts away your body's natural oil from your skin

- Always lotiong on dry areas of body

- Make sure you don't sweat a lot.

- Eat lots of protein, take multivitamins, drink lots of water.

PROBLEM SOLVED

I got this problem down to a science