acne and dry skin

Tedward

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have about moderate acne. I've tried a bunch of stuff, most didnt help much. I tried proactive, which a lot of people say helped them, but that really dried out my face, which caused more acne. I tried using a few different moisturizers to balance it, but my skin was still very irritated. As in every day i would get out of the shower, and by the time i had put my clothes on my face would already be peeling from being so dry and irritated before i could apply moisturizer. Anyone with similar experiences?

TheNonPedant

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have major acne problems back in the day. Problem was whatever I used dried my skin.

Nowadays, I don't use anything when washing my face. Just warm water. Occasionaly Dove soap. But other than that, just use warm water.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh, i had the same problems. i used, and still use, acnemycium or something like that. it was a strong prescription from the doc.

whenever i used it on more than twice a day on the same part of my face, it would go super dry and i'd feel like i was being trapped by my skin. i stopped the dryness by using clearasil facewash or something like that every day and night + the acne medication applied straight after the facewash. that way my face stayed nice and hydrated. every night, i get the clearasil and put it all over my face, but don't wash it off. this prevents breakouts in the morning.