About Living With Parents

driveon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 19 and I'm in jr. college. I live with my parents (and younger brother).

The way things are set up now, I don't have to work. I can just focus on getting good grades.

If I move out, my parents would probably pay for my schooling but I would probably have to work full time to pay my rent. I live near San Fransisco and the cost of living here is rediculous. Working full time would really fack up my grades.

1) Is it possible to live at home without losing value in the eyes of girls?

2) Should I just avoid ever having people come over?

If my family was cool, I might not mind bringing dates over but they're not.

Should I just be open about it if it comes up? Should I just tell them that I live with my family and it wouldn't be cool to hang out at my house?

Has anyone else delt with this problem?

Reaction score
Don't ask for anyone's approval on how you live: you're in school, & right now your future is your top priority. God, man, you're only 19. Be proud that you have the ambition & drive & foresight to focus on your schooling. If a girl thinks it's not cool, hell with her--she'll think otherwise in a few years when you're making $80K because you were smart enough to keep your eyes on the prize. Remember, you are a man (a young one, but a man nonetheless). You know what you want & where you're going, & you know what's important. Pull her into your frame of reference, don't let yourself get pulled into hers.

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, think yourself lucky that you can rent a place with the cash you earn from a part time job.

I could work full time where I live and just scratch the rent costs. But then I'd never be able to go out or feed myself.

Living with parents sucks :p

jmeredi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same problem, my mom is cool, but my dad is a complete moron. He's so embarassing. He acts like a 54 year old child who used to bully and push people around in his day, but when he tries it with and can't he sulls up like a little kid. (daddy issues?) lol. I'm just saying your not alone in this man, I usually take a girl to a friend's house or we hang out at hers. Sure they will complain that I never take them home, but when I finally do they never wanna come back. Concentrate on school.

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I seriously hate living with my folks.
I'm sure it dents my confidence and chick appeal somewhere down the line.

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been living in Oz for nearly a year by myself now. I have had regular trips to the US to see my folks and FVCK! I do not look forward to it. I thought I'ld be picking up left right and centre but living w/ folks is quiet the c*ckblock.

Here in Oz there's more freedom. My game is improving and I have the confidence in knowing that I can bring a HB home to MY bachelor pad. But you're in college studying so it's different circumstances.

So to answer you IMO, Q1: Yes, it's possible. Q2: No. Ease it in. Bring over someone for assignments/projects at first.

I reckon that you shouldn't move out and work to support rent unless it's really cheap or you have shared accommodation. I think if you had to work hard for rent it may lead you into a negative mindset. "Why the hell am I stressing myself out so I can bring a chick back to my room?". Your studies, work and game will head downhill.

It's just not worth it mate. Just get a friend who has his own place that you could hangout in.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
/\/\/\ Moving out won't actually make you feel any different. Even though you'll feel your own weight. You have to go out and make things happen. First couple of months of living on my own I felt like I was just home a lone with no parents to distract me. Right now I try to have a "life". I regulary ring my friends to chill out at bars and other social places. If you stick to same routines absence of parents won't make much difference on your motivation.

silenthill

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it, I'm 17 and I still live at home. My college is close so what would be the point of getting my own place.

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I still live at home, my family is not cool at all, and i still bring dates over, just make sure it is late enough that your parents are in bed, and pound her brains out, simple! However, in my case, not so simple. my grandmother moved up last winter, and she stays in the room right next to mine. FVCK! I will not get laid in my house for awhile (at least until she goes on that cruise in October) THAT SHYT SUCKS!!!

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Avon
Move the f*ck out as soon as you can. Living with your parents is not sexy.

yeah, living at home sucks, but if you cant afford to move out (like me) you are stuck until you can get a job where you can afford to move out

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would move out, if I could afford it, but I am a full time college student, and I cant work more than 15 hours per week due to my school load (and my school dosent have dorms). I basically make about $360 per month, and after car insurance and gas, that is only about $100 left (there is no way I can afford an apartment and food, unless I could get a few friends or roomates to move in with me)

driveon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by johnny_dangerously
Don't ask for anyone's approval on how you live: you're in school, & right now your future is your top priority. God, man, you're only 19. Be proud that you have the ambition & drive & foresight to focus on your schooling. If a girl thinks it's not cool, hell with her--she'll think otherwise in a few years when you're making $80K because you were smart enough to keep your eyes on the prize. Remember, you are a man (a young one, but a man nonetheless). You know what you want & where you're going, & you know what's important. Pull her into your frame of reference, don't let yourself get pulled into hers.
Originally posted by Avon
I understand. I moved out when I was 18, and I lived in some of the sh*ttiest places imaginable, but I was living as a MAN, not a child, and women respond to that.

I know how convenient it is to put up with the lack of independence for the free meals, cleaning etc, but I am so glad I started living on my own terms as soon as possible.
I agree with both of you. I acknowledge that living with my parents isn't cool but on the other hand, it's just not logical to move out yet and I'm not going to feel bad about it.

In the short term, I have a serious disadvantage with women but in the long term I'm going to transfer to a good school and then move on to a fulfilling career.

When I'm in my mid 20s and out of school, I'm not going to give a fck how well I did with girls the few years before.

I'm going to keep reading and practicing, this isn't any reason to give up.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RBB
I've been living in Oz for nearly a year by myself now. I have had regular trips to the US to see my folks and FVCK! I do not look forward to it. I thought I'ld be picking up left right and centre but living w/ folks is quiet the c*ckblock.

Here in Oz there's more freedom. My game is improving and I have the confidence in knowing that I can bring a HB home to MY bachelor pad. But you're in college studying so it's different circumstances.

So to answer you IMO, Q1: Yes, it's possible. Q2: No. Ease it in. Bring over someone for assignments/projects at first.

I reckon that you shouldn't move out and work to support rent unless it's really cheap or you have shared accommodation. I think if you had to work hard for rent it may lead you into a negative mindset. "Why the hell am I stressing myself out so I can bring a chick back to my room?". Your studies, work and game will head downhill.

It's just not worth it mate. Just get a friend who has his own place that you could hangout in.
Where in aus are you !?

Brainman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Moved out when I was 18, had girls and girlfriends pretty consistently.

Moved back in when I was 21. Now, I'm 24 and I haven't had a girlfriend since I moved back in. I've had hook-ups and what not, but definitely nothing to brag about.

My dad is seriously cool, my mom, on the other hand, is not so much. It seriously puts a dent in things, especially when your parents charge you rent!

I'm moving again in two days and am confident it is for good.

Don't rush to get out if you can't stay out, but do move out as soon as you can.

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem Brainman.

I reckon it's going to take 3 years to get enough cash to be able to move out and that's probably taking out a fat loan on top.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
should you move out? it depends on what your top priority is. Is your priority your education so you get paid a lot later on in a good job, or is it women?

never make women your number 1 priority. Your number 1 priority should be yourself!

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"A woman should only ever be the compliment to a man's life and not the sole purpose of it."